The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obami spending a billion an hour

Default Obami spending a billion an hour

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0309/19884.html

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has come up with a vivid new way to express his contention that the nation is spending way too much money it doesn’t have.

McConnell includes the tweaks in his opening remarks on the Senate floor on the 51st day that President Obama has been in office.

“In just 50 days, Congress has voted to spend about $1.2 trillion between the Stimulus and the Omnibus,” McConnell says. “To put that in perspective, that’s about $24 billion a day, or about $1 billion an hour—most of it borrowed. There’s simply no question: government spending has spun out of control.”

The math: 50 days times 24 hours equals 1,200 hours. 1,200 times 1 billion equals 1.2 trillion (a thousand billions is a trillion).

Even as he proposes a huge increase in the reach of government, the president continued to try to show his concern about spending by making an announcement Wednesday about earmark reform.

Wink

"Me thinks he (McConnell) doth protest too much."

You don't mention Mitch's 36 earmarks totalling $51 billion. I read that $1.2 million are going to biking and hiking trails. He and that other fiscal conservative Inhoufe, while voting against the omnibus bill, loaded it up with ton of earmarks.

The Republicans could care less about fiscal conservativism. All they want to do is obstruct a Democratic president.

Seems to me even the liberals would have a problem with a billion an hour. Don't that bother you at all Marx?

The truly bothersome part of this is the total lack, no, denial of responsibility on paying this back.

Doesn't anyone realize that this "note" will come due?
    Stan b & Elvis

anybody that puts obama in a monk suit as somekind of saint/ savior is a complete dumb ass

Me thinks he (McConnell) doth protest too much."

You don't mention Mitch's 36 earmarks totalling $51 billion. I read that $1.2 million are going to biking and hiking trails. He and that other fiscal conservative Inhoufe, while voting against the omnibus bill, loaded it up with ton of earmarks.

The Republicans could care less about fiscal conservativism. All they want to do is obstruct a Democratic president.

In the end, that's what this election is about. Do we participate in a politics of cynicism or a politics of hope?

Is it now obvious that both sides are hippocrits
    I remember before Nov 4th the bush administration was talking massive bail outs. Now that a new party is in they act like its the Libs idea.
    Most politicians on both sides are mentally ill. They have the same problem as OJ simpson. Only there is a paper trail.
    Don't you think there is something pathalogical about this whole mess?

Pete

We (tax paying citizens) need to wrangle all our politicians back inside the fences…they have been spending like drunken sailors for years and it has to stop. Just because it is your pet project doesn’t make it right.

WE need to figure out how we make the sumbitches accountable.

We (tax paying citizens) need to wrangle all our politicians back inside the fences…they have been spending like drunken sailors for years and it has to stop. Just because it is your pet project doesn’t make it right.

WE need to figure out how we make the sumbitches accountable.

Pete

I think both parties are driving us off the some cliff. It seems when it became apparent Obami was going to win Bush started setting him up to do this. Bush started the bailouts and now Obami is running with it, like it was orchestrated.
    I don't trust any of em, and especially don't like any talk of a "Global New Deal"

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I know how ,it just wouldn't fly anymore.
    If we could go back 140 years or so to apply some of lifes basic principles we can have her cleaned up in a week.

Pete
    Hell if you have a plan let's run it up the flagpole brother.