The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell the People what they want to hear

Default Tell the People what they want to hear

Didn't BHO say he WOULD not do this and give McCain crap about it? Yeah I am pretty sure he did. I thought BHO was going to cut taxes, or at least not increase they for 95% of the people. Hummmmmmm...this would be a tax increase for a large number of people. Dumbass kool aide drinkers just want to hear him say something they want to hear and they all faint at his feet.....Liar just like the rest

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29703278
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

As most of us said BEFORE BHO was elected, politicians will say ANYTHING to get elected....then, change their tune after Jan. 20. Clearly that is the case here.

Our first chance to do something about this is coming up in just over 18 months. Folks, start paying attention to which elected officials need to be "excused" in your state. We have an opportunity to put a stop to this foolishness before it gets too far out of hand...or change the foolishness that DOES happen between now and then.

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Bill Clinton said it best when talking about Obama during the campaign..."He's nothing more than a south-side Chicago thug".

And a serial liar, too.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29697006/

"Of course we are concerned about the safety of our assets. To be honest, I'm a little bit worried," Wen said. "I would like to call on the United States to honor its words, stay a credible nation and ensure the safety of Chinese assets."

Wen — and other investors — needn't worry, Obama said.

"There's a reason why even in the midst of this economic crisis you've seen actual increases in investment flows here into the United States," Obama said. "I think it's a recognition that the stability not only of our economic system, but also our political system, is extraordinary.

"I think that not just the Chinese government, but every investor, can have absolute confidence in the soundness of investments in the United States," he added.
    ========
    Is my memory failing, or was there some strong criticism of Bush when he made a similar statement while President?

Also, where does China get all the money to lend to the U.S? From all the items sold to the U.S. that bear the label "Made in China"?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

The ChiCom's made a business decision - they bought some of this country's debt to enable their country to continue expansion as the natives were becoming restless. In so doing they did not make the ruan a stable level of exchange. They continued to value their currency at the same rate in order to continue this feeding frenzy. So if they get stiffed, they made a bad decision. Just like the rest of us who make a bad business decision.

Had they not been buying that debt at what has to be considered below market rates, our own government would have had to pay higher rates to borrow, hence the feeding frenzy on low interest rates would have been dampened. & we would not be in the mess we are in.

Interesting side note: The garbage people say they are dumping 30% less garbage than they did 2 years ago - from 4.6 pounds/day/person down to 2.9 pounds/day/person. This was a quote from the article but it looks to me more like 40%.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

And anybody contributing hard-earned money to the social security ponzi scheme should listen to the Chinese Premier. Algore's lockbox is nothing more than an IOU from the same US government that's sticking it to the Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Interesting side note: The garbage people say they are dumping 30% less garbage than they did 2 years ago - from 4.6 pounds/day/person down to 2.9 pounds/day/person. This was a quote from the article but it looks to me more like 40%.
    Marvin,

That is an extremely interesting statistic. To me it shows a huge cut back in the "consumerism" of America.

I've been invovled in some solid waste projects so it really caught my eye.

Not to mention that Christine Rhomer was on Meet the Press yesterday saying that "the fundamentals of our economy are still strong" but we have a temporary crisis (I am paraphrasing)......the exact same thing that McCain said during the campaign and was lambasted by BHO for saying it!

Can one BHO supporter actually stand up and say that he is different from any other politician?

Quote Originally Posted by brian breuer View Post
    Marvin,

That is an extremely interesting statistic. To me it shows a huge cut back in the "consumerism" of America.

I've been invovled in some solid waste projects so it really caught my eye.

Didnt a while back sams and walmart do a push to decrease the amount of packaging ? I bet the other the other stores follow suit. I think the green movement has added as well. I know all the malls and box stores are very busy. The only thing my thoughts are that all of the sales are not from US mfg Co's.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Noel View Post
    Not to mention that Christine Rhomer was on Meet the Press yesterday saying that "the fundamentals of our economy are still strong" but we have a temporary crisis (I am paraphrasing)......the exact same thing that McCain said during the campaign and was lambasted by BHO for saying it!

Can one BHO supporter actually stand up and say that he is different from any other politician?

She also said (which pretty much had me spitting nails) was that "we" (the public) could help the economy by "spending money"......"go out and buy that new car or truck" is what she said......

HELLO>>>>>>ANYONE HOME??

Why would we want to take on more debt when things are so uncertain??

WRL