The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 72

Thread: FaceBook GDG

  1. #1
    Senior Member LavenderLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Nampa Idaho
    Posts
    586

    Default FaceBook GDG

    Hey guys,

    noticed the whole world is on facebook now. How many of you are on?? You can friend me if you want. its Chasidy Lavender (not Roberts anymore.. I need to change that on here)

    Chas
    Lavender's Real Gurlz Go Huntin' " Indy "

  2. #2
    Senior Member whitefoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Franklin, TN via Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,034

    Default

    I'm resisting the revolution for as long as I can. I fear it's inevitable, though.

  3. #3
    Senior Member GulfCoast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Pascagoula, MS
    Posts
    1,902

    Default

    I find its main use is as another place to post duck hunting pictures.
    Wm. Mark Edwards
    Pascagoula, MS

    HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH
    SHR Tipsy

  4. #4
    Senior Member LavenderLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Nampa Idaho
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoast View Post
    I find its main use is as another place to post duck hunting pictures.
    LOL yeah. I thought it was pretty cool. i found or they found me. my real Father. And my grandmother and my Aunt from my real Father.
    Lavender's Real Gurlz Go Huntin' " Indy "

  5. #5
    Senior Member whitefoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Franklin, TN via Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chasidy Roberts View Post
    LOL yeah. I thought it was pretty cool. i found or they found me. my real Father. And my grandmother and my Aunt from my real Father.
    In your case, thay may be cool...but I'd fear that people I would NOT want contact with would find me. Not that I'm hiding or anything, but there are just some peolpe from my past that I'd rather not have any contact with whatsoever.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Rick_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ontario, CA
    Posts
    2,296

    Default

    It seems like the vast majority of RTF is on facebook. At least the more active members are.
    Rick Curtis ~ Now in Ontario, CA

    Little Man Caught It On The River SH ~ "Ace"

    Handlers Handle, Dogs Dog, Judges Judge

    "If you train a young dog for momentum, precision will arrive. If you train for precision, demanding perfection, momentum will depart."
    ~Rex Carr

  7. #7
    Senior Member HuntinDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitefoot View Post
    In your case, thay may be cool...but I'd fear that people I would NOT want contact with would find me. Not that I'm hiding or anything, but there are just some peolpe from my past that I'd rather not have any contact with whatsoever.
    That is a legit concern. You CAN block people though, but if they don't make themselves known it'll be tough to block them potentially, especially if there are a number of people that you'd like to avoid. My wife had a bit of a stalker some years back (way before FB). I found that person on FB and blocked them so they would not have access to pics of my wife or our kids.
    ---------------------------------------------
    HRCH "Boomer" MH
    UH HR "Hunter" SH (RIP)

    "When you go to a test or a trial, your dog should be underwhelmed." ~ Evan Graham

    "It is unreasonable to expect a dog to be more precise than you are." ~ Rex Carr

    "You own what you condone." ~ Mike Lardy

  8. #8
    Senior Member Laura McCaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    581

    Default

    Yes I facebook often. My whoe family is back in Texas and I am stuck here in California. So the easiest way to share pictures of my kids, is on facebook. There is a downside of EVERYONE trying to be your friend because their friend is your friend, blah blah blah, but I ignore those request. I keep my friends limited. But I "friend requested" you.
    Laura

    ~Retriever families are like fudge, mostly sweet, with a few nuts!~

  9. #9
    Member treecejc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    92

    Default

    I facebook but I use it mainly to show off my dogs and any deer or ducks I kill.lol

  10. #10
    Senior Member whitefoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Franklin, TN via Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laura McCaw View Post
    Yes I facebook often. My whoe family is back in Texas and I am stuck here in California. So the easiest way to share pictures of my kids, is on facebook. There is a downside of EVERYONE trying to be your friend because their friend is your friend, blah blah blah, but I ignore those request. I keep my friends limited. But I "friend requested" you.
    So, Laura, if you keep your friends limited, how do you judge how popular you are? lol I mean, I thought the more friends you have the cooler you are.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •