The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Military health care

Default Military health care

I heard on the Mark Levin show that Pres. Osoma wants to make private insurance companies pay for wounded soldiers health care surgery/rehab.
    I didn't catch all of the facts but it almost made me sick. If a Republican Pres did this it would be all over the news. WHY can't the press give a unbiased report and bring a little of his evil deeds to the eyes and ears of his brainwashed cult?
    It might make some of our fellow Americans open their eyes.
    Please come back from the DARK side. NO PUN INTENDED.

From the limited coverage available, the Air Force at least, has done something like this for about 30 years. If the retired or military member has insurance, when they are seen in a military hospital, the insurance is billed. It they have no insurance, there's no charge. It's called the "3rd party liability" program. No reason why the military should pay the cost of treatment and not recoup from the insurance firms.

It sounds like the proposal is to implement the same program in VA hospitals. If so, good idea.

Eric

I was refering to wounded vets. That got wounded in the line of duty.

It doesn't make any difference. If you are injured or sick and have health insurance, your insurance provider should pay. It doesn't make any difference whether the sick or injured is active duty, a retiree, or an eligible dependent of either.

Eric

I guess your right Eric but does your insurance coverage go up with use?
    I know the coverage we provide for our emps. goes up with use.
    So the cost is passed on to employers. I understand about the gov needing to recoup some cost if they can My wife works at an Indian health care Hospital.
    I am just saying the Gov said a long time ago they would pay if something happens to you if you are in the service and SO if something happens god forbid they should pay and not try to pass the buck.
    AND I bet it goes deeper than you are looking
    LIKE BO said If I get elected no earmarks and line by line ect.....

I guess insurance rates could go up with use. Mine never has.

The free healthcare for life issue has been resolved by the Supreme Ct. Basically they said that what the recruiter promised is not what the law reads. I didn't like the decision either but it's something we have to live with.

Eric

Why not just leave our wounded men and women on the battlefield to die of their wounds reducing the surplus population? Then Dear Leader can save the $540 million without any conflict.

Our government has a mandate 'to care for him who shall have borne the batttle'. Not some private insurance company. Unicare didn't send PFC Smith into battle. It was the government.

Why would anybody want to serve his country with these clowns in charge? What a disgrace.

Neither Obama nor Biden were ever in the armed forces and their hatred of it is overwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Why not just leave our wounded men and women on the battlefield to die of their wounds reducing the surplus population? Then Dear Leader can save the $540 million without any conflict.

Our government has a mandate 'to care for him who shall have borne the batttle'. Not some private insurance company. Unicare didn't send PFC Smith into battle. It was the government.

Why would anybody want to serve his country with these clowns in charge? What a disgrace.

Neither Obama nor Biden were ever in the armed forces and their hatred of it is overwhelming.
    This has nothing to do with the level of care our vets will receive. It is only spreading a portion of the cost of the care to private party insurers if the vet has that private insurance. Think wife with an employer plan. The vet would still see no bills.

This is exactly what the Indian Health Service does. They see Indians at IHS facilities but if the patient has private insurance, that insurance company is billed. The patient still has 0 copay, 0 deductible, and receives the exact same level of care.

This may be one of the only fiscally responsible things to come out of DC lately.

If you get letting troops die on the battlefield from this, well I just feel sorry for you, carrying around that much hate can't be healthy.

So let me get this right? You go fight for your country, you get injured. You have to get some of the cost coved by private insurance? So at my job I work for a large company, So if i get injured, i get workman's comp and pay nothing for all medical services. How can this be justified by this f----- up adminstration!!!

scott

Quote Originally Posted by labraiser View Post
    So let me get this right? You go fight for your country, you get injured. You have to get some of the cost coved by private insurance? So at my job I work for a large company, So if i get injured, i get workman's comp and pay nothing for all medical services. How can this be justified by this f----- up adminstration!!!

scott
    That is incorrect!
    As of right now, if you recieved any kind of disability (that includes a wound) while serving, you have VA rights for life.

I might add, the VA Hospitals have improved DRAMATICALLY over the last 8 years!!

This may change, but right now it is good!
    Stan b & Elvis