The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Military health care

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

If he does like his hero Hugo Chavez he may be the last elected president we have.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Folks....time out. This is a 30 year old program. What's being talked about is the VA adopting the program. I'm a retiree. When I go to an Army or Air Force hospital, my insurance makes a payment. If I were to go to a VA hospital, under this program, the same would be true. Right now, it's not.

It costs the insurance carrier, not you. In fact, chances are that it's the insurance carriers that are behind this hue and cry. For years they've skated with a population that needed more than average care. They took in the premiums but didn't pay the benefits. Suddenly they are going to pay their way.

What you should be insensed about is that for 30 years the VA has ignored this as a potential revenue stream. Think of the money to repair facilities they could have had in 30 years.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    A burden on the taxpayer? That's great.

Obama should just change the military's Oath of Office. Something like this...

"I, PFC Burden, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; and that I will try not to be a burden to the same."...so help me God.

Burden = cost

Dramatic much.

I'll give you three guesses as to where I get my health care.

It's just an attempt to socialize all health care. The extra burden (or whatever you want to call it) that will be put on private companies will make it that much harder for them. Then the government will come to the rescue (pretty soon it'll be socialized).
    Stray labs make great pets.
    Proud member of the FF society.

Quote Originally Posted by TN_LAB View Post
    It's just an attempt to socialize all health care. The extra burden (or whatever you want to call it) that will be put on private companies will make it that much harder for them. Then the government will come to the rescue (pretty soon it'll be socialized).
    These soliders are eligible for private insurance. How is paying a benefit to a policy holder an excessive burden to an insurance company?

They take the premiums they should pay the legitimate claims, which these are.

I still don't understand how you can put ANY positive spin on this. If you get hurt on the job, the employer pays for it. You get hurt serving the country, the govt. pays your bills. Simple--it's one instance where I fully agree with government health insurance.

I'm a retiree. When I go to an Army or Air Force hospital, my insurance makes a payment. If I were to go to a VA hospital, under this program, the same would be true.
    This isn't about non military injuries; what you do is fine for your civilian ailments. Active duty military who have their own insurance coverage should not have to use that coverage, nor pay the higher premiums, because their carriers now have to pay for combat injuries.

Obomo and his tribe are a bunch of buffoons that want to turn the U.S. into a cesspool of filth and corruption to rival Zimbabwe. Washington D.C. is already becoming Mogadishu of the MidAtlantic with an AIDs rate as high as a 3rd world nation in Afreaka. Obomo may dress better but he's beginning to remind me of Robert Mugabe.

Quote Originally Posted by brian breuer View Post
    These soliders are eligible for private insurance. How is paying a benefit to a policy holder an excessive burden to an insurance company?

They take the premiums they should pay the legitimate claims, which these are.
    Yesterday they didn't have to pay these claims. Today they do. Maybe I'm missing something, but that seems like an issue that might matter.

Insurance companies price their policies based on certain assumptions. When the assumptions change, it effects them.
    Stray labs make great pets.
    Proud member of the FF society.

Dear Mr. Johnson,

There is a big difference between what you describe and what a greatful Nation owes those who were have combat related injuries, the key phrase is "combat related".

You and I not only obviously served in different branches of the military but have a completely different set of values. It is a responsibility the Nation bears to care for their battlefield wounded, to do anything less angers me and should you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    Folks....time out. This is a 30 year old program. What's being talked about is the VA adopting the program. I'm a retiree. When I go to an Army or Air Force hospital, my insurance makes a payment. If I were to go to a VA hospital, under this program, the same would be true. Right now, it's not.

It costs the insurance carrier, not you. In fact, chances are that it's the insurance carriers that are behind this hue and cry. For years they've skated with a population that needed more than average care. They took in the premiums but didn't pay the benefits. Suddenly they are going to pay their way.

What you should be insensed about is that for 30 years the VA has ignored this as a potential revenue stream. Think of the money to repair facilities they could have had in 30 years.

Eric

1. I was merely pointing out that this is a program that has been around for a long time though apparently not for the VA.

2. This isn't talking (either me or the proposed program) about Combat Injury or Injury or Disease related distinction. If a member presents himself for care, he's cared for if he or she is eligible for care. The issue is a payment and then the only issue is whether the retiree has insurance. If s/he doesn't, they wad the bill up and toss it out. It's not like they come and get your car or house or...dog.

3. The concept of "healthcare for life" was decided in the Supreme Court about 10 years ago. The recruiters lied. I'm not happy about that but the case is closed.

4. For those who say, the rates will go up. Balderdash! I would say to you that the reasons the rates are what they are is that the insurance firms have been getting a free ride. For those who say the rates will go up for the rest of us, who do you think is paying for the VA?

I have service-connected health problems that are both chronic and sometimes severe. I'm also a retiree out of the medical service. In short, I see both sides of the coin. To me it's not a big deal. It's just not. Compared to the other issues confronting the country, I just can't get worked up about this one because the troops and their dependents are going to be cared for and that's all that matters to me at this point.

As for my values Mr. Windy Creek, I at least have the courage to sign my posts. Just sayin'

Eric

Eric. I don't guess you are getting it.
    If a soldier has private insurance somebody is paying for it MOST likely that somebody is a PRIVATE COMPANY.
    If insurance is used the premiums can and do go up depending on said use.
    The Government has the moral obligation to take care of its sldiers injured service to the country, not private insurance companies/private companies.
    Yes in truth we are already paying for said health care. But when the Gov wants to hand out money for crap that doesn't need to be addressed Like handing out condoms,rebuilding the Hamas Gaza terrorist strip.
    It kinda makes most AMERICANS pissed That he shows such contempt for the military.
    The Government gets plenty of money to use, IF they would use it correctly and not try to make everybody dependent on the gov and the money they can get from the gov. See above mentioned condom/Gaza note....