The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Posting your opinion on open forums

Default Posting your opinion on open forums

Granted, we have freedom of speech and freedom of the press. That said, our government security agencies have sophisticated computer systems that parse enormous amounts of internet traffic looking for keywords and phrases that might point toward terrorist activities. Internet forums and newsgroups that may cater those with (what some may consider) extreme views on gun control and politics, are certainly on their radar. Facebook is the latest target where terrorists are supposedly recruiting. Even if you do not use your real name, there is no true anonymity. If the government wants to find out who you are because of something you typed on an internet forum, they can. Moderators of forums, internet service providers, telephone companies, and any other entity in the communication chain can be compelled to divulge client information in the name of national security. Methods like these were used by the music companies to track down users of Napster and prosecute them. Imagine if a government agency thought your views were a threat to national security! Does this concern anyone?

Treasuring what little privacy I have left regards,

SB

If you believe what you say and are nt making threats or anything illegal no problem. I stand by what I say and most of it is restricted to RTF (of course that could be found pretty easy). I am amused by people who use facebook/myspace to post personal stuff though....I just don't get the need to put your entire private life online. Discuss politics, dogs, soprts is one thing, but some of the stuff on those sites is way more than you should put out there about yourself IMHO....maybe I am just getting old becasue all the kids live for it and if you don't have a facebook or myspace page you do not exist in their world

EDIT: on this topic I have to say that my daughter has sent me links to other "kids" pages, mostly children of friends, and some of the things I have seen make me blush and I am talking about young teenagers. This also puts you in a spot once you know this of do you then tell the parents (your friends) about it....
    Last edited by badbullgator; 03-18-2009 at 08:13 AM.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    If you believe what you say and are nt making threats or anything illegal no problem.
    The problem is, a lot of what we say freely now might be a hate crime or sedition or worse once the Obomunists start monkeying with our freedom of speech. Some of them obviously are determined to become the thought police.

BBG if that happens most of us that post regularly on POTUS will be jailed. Hopefully in the same cell block!

Unfortunately the government will always have to look for “bad people” everywhere to protects its citizens…kind of their job…it is when the definition of “bad people” where things can get corrupted. I don’t think there is an instance YET of the Obama corruptly using intelligence.

I donít think there is an instance YET of the Obama corruptly using intelligence.
    Give it a minute. Although I'd agree there hasn't yet been an instance of Obomo actually SHOWING intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    The problem is, a lot of what we say freely now might be a hate crime or sedition or worse once the Obomunists start monkeying with our freedom of speech. Some of them obviously are determined to become the thought police.

BBG if that happens most of us that post regularly on POTUS will be jailed. Hopefully in the same cell block!
    Julie I hope you're not saying if you go to prison you want to be in the same cell block with a bunch of guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    Julie I hope you're not saying if you go to prison you want to be in the same cell block with a bunch of guys.

Well I hope that IS what she is saying....a lot better than the other way
    Heterosexual who is not fond of prison rape regards
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Yep, conservative Republican men don't rape women. I don't think I'd have much to fear in a cell block full of Republican men.

Well I hope that IS what she is saying....a lot better than the other way
    Heterosexual who is not fond of prison rape regards
    Good point, I retract my statement.

If you believe what you say and are nt making threats or anything illegal no problem.
    Would you extend that same reasoning to wiretaps on phones?