The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: More of what YOU elected

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Pelosi didn't break any law. She said the laws on immigration and the manner in which those laws are being enforced is "un-American". That's a phrase I hear on this forum all the time with respect to gun control laws, taxation, and even elections. The fact that you want harsher immigration laws and harsher enforcement while she wants more permissive immigration laws and more permissive enforcement is a very American kind of debate which will eventually probably result in some changes of law.
    Your self anointed moderate lefty label is fast going in the toilet when you are willing to defend someone as far out as the speaker.
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  2. #12
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Your self anointed moderate lefty label is fast going in the toilet when you are willing to defend someone as far out as the speaker.
    Marvin,

    Are you saying she did break a law? Or are you saying that it is immoral or un-American to disagree over immigration policy? I believe those were the only two issues I addressed.

    I have no particular love for Pelosi, but her position does not surprise of bother me since I suspect it is shared by the large majority of her constituents in San Francisco. Representing them is, in fact, her most important job. This is a lesson other congressional leaders have had to relearn on a regular basis.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,486

    Default

    First of all, there is nothing unAmerican about the way we enforce our Immigration Laws. It's just the way both parties pander for the Hispanic vote is the reason she said it. What is criminal is that we have immigration laws that are not enforced and that is what she is encouraging. By not supporting the enforcement of Federal Law, she is selling out legal US citizens and that could be argued as treason. Same for the Republicans. Heck, Ronald Reagan is largly responsible for the illegal immigration mess we have today. When he declared Amnistry, the illegal immigration flood gates opened. As the Obomo Administration continues to accelerated the financial destruction of the US of A, our homes and real estate will be more affordable to even more illegals.

    Just look at what a lunatic Pelosi is. Her state is wrecked and bankrupt because of illegals and her words shows me she is NOT serving the people of California but, the illegals.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

  4. #14
    Senior Member Goose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    McKinney, Texas
    Posts
    806

    Default

    Pelosi breaks the law when she gets out of bed in the morning.

    And the great State of California is completely wrecked, ruined and bankrupt under Speaker Pelosi's leadership and by the progressive movement.

  5. #15
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Booty View Post
    First of all, there is nothing unAmerican about the way we enforce our Immigration Laws. It's just the way both parties pander for the Hispanic vote is the reason she said it. What is criminal is that we have immigration laws that are not enforced and that is what she is encouraging. By not supporting the enforcement of Federal Law, she is selling out legal US citizens and that could be argued as treason. Same for the Republicans. Heck, Ronald Reagan is largly responsible for the illegal immigration mess we have today. When he declared Amnistry, the illegal immigration flood gates opened. As the Obomo Administration continues to accelerated the financial destruction of the US of A, our homes and real estate will be more affordable to even more illegals.

    Just look at what a lunatic Pelosi is. Her state is wrecked and bankrupt because of illegals and her words shows me she is NOT serving the people of California but, the illegals.
    And yet, Booty, you have argued that soldiers should defy the President and refuse to accept him as CiC, have suggested secession as a reasonable approach for ridding your part of the country of liberals, etc. and consider yourself to be a patriot.

    I don't believe you base your opinions on how someone interprets or enforces the law; you base them on whether or not you agree with their position. In that sense, you appear to focus all of your attention on the ends regardless of means, much like the Bolsheviks you denounce. Throughout the Cold War, we emphasized our commitment to due process and the rule of law as fundamental issues that separated us from those supporting communism -- those who believed that the ends justified the means. Today, the extreme right seems to have taken the lead in denouncing due process and the rule of law in favor of any policies they believe will support their objectives. That, in my opinion, is un-American and traitorous.

    Rightly or wrongly, Reagan's amnesty was implemented legally. Calling it traitorous is absurd; it followed the rule of law. Through most of the history of our country, our borders were wide open. The last time there were massive anti-immigrant actions was during the 1920's, before the Great Depression. Closing our borders and closing our minds go hand in hand with a fear of competition. Every politician in this country that wants to be elected will pay a lot of attention to the Hispanic population that is here legally or they will be voted out of office because that is the most rapidly growing segment of or population. That is the power of democracy and it is very American.

  6. #16
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Pelosi breaks the law when she gets out of bed in the morning.

    And the great State of California is completely wrecked, ruined and bankrupt under Speaker Pelosi's leadership and by the progressive movement.
    And here I thought Governor Arnie was in charge. Pelosi has nothing to do with running the state of California.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Richard Halstead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lino Lakes, MN north metro area
    Posts
    2,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    It's hard enough watching Obama on tv anymore but when he's reading from the Presidential teleprompter it's impossible to watch him. Back and forth and back and forth, left then right, right to left...his head constantly moving from teleprompter A to teleprompter B. I get seasick watching him.
    We have the same thing when we drive in the rain with the windshield wipers wipers keeping time to the music.
    cave canem...beware of the dog
    Richard Halstead (halst001 at yahoo.com)

    http://www.browndogmafia.com/finalists.html

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Your self anointed moderate lefty label is fast going in the toilet when you are willing to defend someone as far out as the speaker.
    Defending the un-defendable has become a very un-American pastime

  9. #19
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    And yet, Booty, you have argued that soldiers should defy the President and refuse to accept him as CiC, have suggested secession as a reasonable approach for ridding your part of the country of liberals, etc. and consider yourself to be a patriot.

    I don't believe you base your opinions on how someone interprets or enforces the law; you base them on whether or not you agree with their position. In that sense, you appear to focus all of your attention on the ends regardless of means, much like the Bolsheviks you denounce. Throughout the Cold War, we emphasized our commitment to due process and the rule of law as fundamental issues that separated us from those supporting communism -- those who believed that the ends justified the means. Today, the extreme right seems to have taken the lead in denouncing due process and the rule of law in favor of any policies they believe will support their objectives. That, in my opinion, is un-American and traitorous.

    Rightly or wrongly, Reagan's amnesty was implemented legally. Calling it traitorous is absurd; it followed the rule of law. Through most of the history of our country, our borders were wide open. The last time there were massive anti-immigrant actions was during the 1920's, before the Great Depression. Closing our borders and closing our minds go hand in hand with a fear of competition. Every politician in this country that wants to be elected will pay a lot of attention to the Hispanic population that is here legally or they will be voted out of office because that is the most rapidly growing segment of or population. That is the power of democracy and it is very American.
    I'll start with the top of your post.

    I love my country and its culture. We have been a great nation with a great tradition and history. The fact that I don't want it run by people with great disdain for this country is why I would support military intervention. When M Obomo says during the campaign that this is the first time she has ever been proud of this country it show what she really thinks about it. When both Obomos whorship with a preacher that hates whites, white culture, our government and tells his congregation lies about the government, how in hell do you put this person as leader of the most powerful country in the world?

    The sooner they are out of DC the better for all Americans. Obomos ability to destroy this country financially at his accelerated pace means the sooner he is out, the better!

    I don't want to live in a country run by socialist!

    I didn't say Pres Reagan broke any laws. I said that his amnisty bill opened the flood gates for illegals. Treason is being committed by both parties for not enforcing our laws and for putting the wellfare of the illegals above that of its citizens.

    I'm glad to see Obomo's approval numbers falling, I told you so!

    The last two months have been Key Stone Cops come to DC. They are more than a mess, they are very dangerous to everything that has made this country great!
    Last edited by Franco; 03-18-2009 at 10:34 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

  10. #20
    Senior Member cotts135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Watertown NY
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    cotts,
    Why do you always refuse to address the issue and try to divert attention back to what happened on the last watch? That is history. This is now. Do you agree with the Speaker or do you not?
    Do I agree with Pelosi on this issue.................no I don't, the laws are the laws. You might not agree with them or how they are carried out but you must still uphold them. Speaking against them as Pelosi did is as I am sure you recognize not against the law. It is actually a Constitutionally protected right.

    I bring these things up because of the blatant hypocrisy I see on this board. Whereas on one hand some of us here would excuse the behaviour of our previous administration and feel we should not investigate or prosecute them, it is in the next breath that I hear that someone should be arrested for something that is not even illegal, and then you have people commenting that they agree with them. It is hard for me to reconcile those positions.

Similar Threads

  1. Elected Officials
    By Marvin S in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 06:41 PM
  2. How did this bozo get elected to Congress? GDG
    By Bob Gutermuth in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-25-2008, 10:40 PM
  3. Elected official do good with guns <<GDG>>
    By badbullgator in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-29-2008, 12:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •