The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More of what YOU elected

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    Do I agree with Pelosi on this issue.................no I don't, the laws are the laws. You might not agree with them or how they are carried out but you must still uphold them. Speaking against them as Pelosi did is as I am sure you recognize not against the law. It is actually a Constitutionally protected right.

I bring these things up because of the blatant hypocrisy I see on this board. Whereas on one hand some of us here would excuse the behaviour of our previous administration and feel we should not investigate or prosecute them, it is in the next breath that I hear that someone should be arrested for something that is not even illegal, and then you have people commenting that they agree with them. It is hard for me to reconcile those positions.

Pelosi's JOB and reason for being in Gov't is to make laws. Period.
    For her to suggest that enforcing the laws that she doesn't agree with is un American is the height of hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    Do I agree with Pelosi on this issue.................no I don't, the laws are the laws. You might not agree with them or how they are carried out but you must still uphold them. Speaking against them as Pelosi did is as I am sure you recognize not against the law. It is actually a Constitutionally protected right.

I bring these things up because of the blatant hypocrisy I see on this board. Whereas on one hand some of us here would excuse the behaviour of our previous administration and feel we should not investigate or prosecute them, it is in the next breath that I hear that someone should be arrested for something that is not even illegal, and then you have people commenting that they agree with them. It is hard for me to reconcile those positions.
    First, thank you for responding to the question. Just to be clear, I don't speak for Republicans, Conservatives or others on RTF. I speak for myself and for what I believe. I don't feel that the Speaker broke any laws when she made these statements. As a U.S. citizen, she has protection under the First Amendment. I do, however, find it shameful that as the Speaker of the House, she would publicly state that the manner in which ICE enforces the law of the land is "un-American". She holds a great deal of power and if she honestly believes this, she should take action to get it changed. This type of disgusting grandstanding and pandering is in no way limited to her or her party. There's plenty of it on both sides of the aisle. I just wish that citizens on both sides would wake up and vote these weasels out of office.

As to the previous administration, who deserves prosecution and for what crimes?
    Matt McKenzie

It takes as long as it takes. Sometimes longer.

"It is better to own a $50,000 dog and have an old truck and crummy equipment than to own $50,000 worth of new equipment and a crummy dog..." EdA

I think the way our immigration laws are enforced is un-American, probably not for the same reasons our esteemed senator does though. I think it's un-American to allow illegal immigrants to come into our country and stay even after being stopped by police. I think they blatant disregard for the rule of law is un-American. It's un-American that in my hometown which had about 15000 manufacturing jobs now has a couple of hundred and those are getting taken up by temp working illegals. Don't seem very American to me that a bunch of my friends who were in construction are now unemployed and the people who are working in those jobs now are mostly illegal immigrants. I went to look at some condos a couple of years ago to buy as an investment property. When we went through the units there were probably 30 Mexican drywall finishers in there working. They had 5 or 6 kids between 8 and 12 years old mixing and carrying mud for them, one in each unit. This was in the middle of the day on a school day. So I tried to call immigration to report it. When I called INS they didn't give an extension for enforcement. After calling around a lady told me the key is to enter extension 8, this wasn't even one of the options they gave. When I got through it was an answering machine, and said leave a message if they thought it was important enough they would get back to you.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Don't blame me I voted Republican, always have!
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

I agree with Pelosi on this. It's very unamerican to seperate families...we should be sending them all back. Stupid anchor baby law should be stricken from the books asap although i doubt it will happen