The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Superstar!!!!!!

Default Superstar!!!!!!

'Stunned' is the word," Obama replied in a taped appearance on "Tonight." He said he found it hard to fathom how anyone would accept lavish payments in those circumstances. "People just had this sense of entitlement. We must be the best and the brightest."

The taste of vomit will not leave my mouth. He can’t fathom how… he was stunned…he is full of crap and trying to be a movie star. Campaigning to keep his popularity up. Who cares what he does wrong as long as he is a star. Did anybody see the interviews with people trying to get In to the show? You would think Madonna or the Beatles were coming. “oh he is such a great man, I will be able to tell my children about seeing him” was the comment of one woman. WTF? Really?
    Note the statement above, nowhere does he say anything illegal was done in giving or accepting a bonus, just that it is moral outrage. The congress drafted a bill to tax the people, the people not the company, who got the bonuses. Sorry guys but how many of us would turn down a pay raise or bonus in these times? Why are they going after the PEOPLE who got them? Why would they even go after the company if what they did was legal? I am outraged that AIG gave the bonuses, but if what they did was legal then not much can be done about it. Now congress wants to tax those who got them and passed this in anger and in very short time. The short time passing is one of the big things that worries me because that is why these occurred in the first place. If they had taken more time to evaluate the bailout package in the first place this could have been avoided, but instead they chose to rush it through and look how it turned out.
    Boy I hope they don’t decide I make too much money. I would hate to see them pass a new law to take mine away. Hummm maybe I can convince my boss to pay me in chickens or something that will be more work for them to take away

BTW- what do you think Obummer’s visit to the Tonight Show cost us? Did anyone see what Ms.Obummer hosted yesterday? Tell me they are not wanting the spotlight and celebrity more than anything…….
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    'Note the statement above, nowhere does he say anything illegal was done in giving or accepting a bonus, just that it is moral outrage. The congress drafted a bill to tax the people, the people not the company, who got the bonuses. Sorry guys but how many of us would turn down a pay raise or bonus in these times? Why are they going after the PEOPLE who got them? Why would they even go after the company if what they did was legal? I am outraged that AIG gave the bonuses, but if what they did was legal then not much can be done about it. Now congress wants to tax those who got them and passed this in anger and in very short time. The short time passing is one of the big things that worries me because that is why these occurred in the first place. If they had taken more time to evaluate the bailout package in the first place this could have been avoided, but instead they chose to rush it through and look how it turned out.
    [/FONT]
    The problem with this whole thing is that what AIG leaves a bitter taste in the mouths of most Americans. Granted what they did was not illegal however it certainly isn't something a company should do while they are the dole to the American taxpayer. There is something fundamentally wrong with rewarding the very people who put you into bankruptcy. It is the smugness and arrogance of these Wall St. company's that are pissing people off.

Basically this is now a publicly held company with the tax payers as shareholders. They have shown that they are not happy with how things are and now Congress is forced to act. The dog and pony show they put on the other day questioning the CEO of Aig was laughable. How in the hell do you feign outrage and indignation ,about all of this, when what your screaming about was already known by a part of the government that was deeply involved in trying to fix it. Pathetic.

What is just as pathetic is Congresses attempt to fix it all by taxing the individuals who received these bonuses at a rate of 90%. Who are the kidding with this? This bill will go nowhere because of it's unconstitutionality

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    The problem with this whole thing is that what AIG leaves a bitter taste in the mouths of most Americans. Granted what they did was not illegal however it certainly isn't something a company should do while they are the dole to the American taxpayer. There is something fundamentally wrong with rewarding the very people who put you into bankruptcy. It is the smugness and arrogance of these Wall St. company's that are pissing people off.

Basically this is now a publicly held company with the tax payers as shareholders. They have shown that they are not happy with how things are and now Congress is forced to act. The dog and pony show they put on the other day questioning the CEO of Aig was laughable. How in the hell do you feign outrage and indignation ,about all of this, when what your screaming about was already known by a part of the government that was deeply involved in trying to fix it. Pathetic.

What is just as pathetic is Congresses attempt to fix it all by taxing the individuals who received these bonuses at a rate of 90%. Who are the kidding with this? This bill will go nowhere because of it's unconstitutionality

We agree and pissing people off is not a good enough reason to hastely pass a bill to take away form the PEOPLE who recieved the money. Hey if we don't give anymore money to AIG becasue they have proven they abuse it that is one thing, changing or making new laws is another
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

The problem is the gooberment should have never handed out OUR money to a failing company...LET THEM FAIL!!!

It will not be the end of the world...someone will come in and pick up the pieces and make those pieces work.

Was Dear Leader reading from his teleprompter on Leno's show last night when he made the comment about his poor bowling skills being "like the Special Olympics or something". Nice job Mr. President.

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    We agree and pissing people off is not a good enough reason to hastely pass a bill to take away form the PEOPLE who recieved the money. Hey if we don't give anymore money to AIG becasue they have proven they abuse it that is one thing, changing or making new laws is another
    The bill will die because it targets individuals and is enacted ex post facto. Both are unconstitutional. They are on the right track, though. Hopefully when the Senate gets their shot at the bill, they will create a more fair tax structure for all bonuses with a threshold that results in the 90% (or more) tax. Just think how much money the government could raise! It is really the patriotic duty of those getting large bonuses to give most of it to the goverment so they can help those more deserving ie; working Americans. These are exciting times...

From those according to their ability, to those according to their need regards.

SB

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Was Dear Leader reading from his teleprompter on Leno's show last night when he made the comment about his poor bowling skills being "like the Special Olympics or something". Nice job Mr. President.
    I agree, his true colors do show from time to time when he isnt being someones puppet.

Kevin
    "SR Isabel's Going for gold"
    "Kallie's Anatomy Of Grey"

Both lazy house pets untill you ask, "do you want to go play"!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post

Cotts,
    I'm marking my calendar. We agree!
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Johndrow View Post
    The problem is the gooberment should have never handed out OUR money to a failing company...LET THEM FAIL!!!

It will not be the end of the world...someone will come in and pick up the pieces and make those pieces work.
    What should have happened - AIG should have been allowed to go under - money should have been made available to buyers for the assets of AIG to be auctioned for their true value - much cleaner & less hysterics. No money to AIG, NO lavish party in Vegas, No bonus, No theatrical opportunities for the loony's in DC.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    What should have happened - AIG should have been allowed to go under - money should have been made available to buyers for the assets of AIG to be auctioned for their true value - much cleaner & less hysterics. No money to AIG, NO lavish party in Vegas, No bonus, No theatrical opportunities for the loony's in DC.

That has always been my opinion
    Corey Burke