The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 40% of babies in US born out of wedlock

Default 40% of babies in US born out of wedlock

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090319/...d_baby_boomlet

This is what the welfare mentality gets us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post

Thank You - LBJ!!!!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Thank You - LBJ!!!!
    Interestingly, it seems that nothing increases the unmarried birth rate more than having a republican in the white house. The overall rate unmarried birth rate remained relatively stable throughout the 60's and 70's. It began growing rapidly under Reagan and Bush Sr before stabilizing and then actually going down under Clinton. Following GWB's election, the rate began to grow again with a 50% increase during his presidency. The same pattern is followed by teen pregnancies, which actually declined fairly steadily except for increases under Reagan and increases again under GWB. Now I'm not saying that the total hostility of the Reagan and GWB presidencies to any form of education on birth control had anything to do with these increases (), but it certainly makes it hard to blame the increases on LBJ or the Democrats.

Data on this are available from a variety of sources for the period since 1997 (there are actually links in the yahoo pages referenced in the initial post). The early data is harder to find but is available on the CDC web site at http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/statab/tab1x18p.pdf.

Jeff,
    That is a very interesting statistic and should be looked at more closely. I agree that those who propose "abstenence only" birth control education may be doing almost as much harm to out youth as a whole as the teacher's unions are.
    Matt McKenzie

It takes as long as it takes. Sometimes longer.

"It is better to own a $50,000 dog and have an old truck and crummy equipment than to own $50,000 worth of new equipment and a crummy dog..." EdA

Not always true. We see many women who are single and in their mid 30's to 40ish that want to have childern but their clock is ticking, they are far from being on welfare. I know three couples that are friends of mine that have children, one that I work with, and not one of them is in any way on welfare, in fact far from it. Why don;t they marry? I don't know, but you are painting with a broad brush
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

BBG is correct....I am a single dad that has a child out of wedlock, did I choose to have it that way,no I didnt.You may pass judgement on me if thats your thing but I would not subject my son to being in a fake marriage with his mother, because we do not get along anymore. Was my son a mistake ? certainly not, he was unplanned we were both 45 when we had him and we are both pro life, he is not on welfare and I pay child support and hopefully will get custody in the upcoming year...divorce also happens in this world and there are many that together for the sake of the children which is also just a harmful for all involved....
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Sounds like NObama should tax screwing.

Yes, it must be that simple. Welfare is the reason.

Does the study site any specifics rates for various states to support your conclusion? Oh, yes, it does at http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr57/nvsr57_12.pdf . See table 12, page 17.

Gosh, since its so simple, a good conservative state like Alaska with a strong "family values" governor must have a lower rate of out of wedlock births than a commie liberal high welfare state like Minnesota. Hmmm, I guess it isn't so simple after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    since its so simple, a good conservative state like Alaska with a strong "family values" governor must have a lower rate of out of wedlock births than a commie liberal high welfare state like Minnesota. Hmmm, I guess it isn't so simple after all.
    Henry you are assuming Alaskan represent Palins values while Minnesotaans reflect Govenor Pawlenty's values. Next figure the % of Minnesotans that receive just welfare vs the percent of Alaskans receiving welfare + their share of oil money + value added from food hunted, fished, grown, gathered. Would that make a difference in your statement?
    Last edited by Richard Halstead; 03-20-2009 at 05:50 PM. Reason: ? changeded to statement
    cave canem...beware of the dog
    Richard Halstead (halst001 at yahoo.com)

http://www.browndogmafia.com/finalists.html

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Not always true. We see many women who are single and in their mid 30's to 40ish that want to have childern but their clock is ticking, they are far from being on welfare. I know three couples that are friends of mine that have children, one that I work with, and not one of them is in any way on welfare, in fact far from it. Why don;t they marry? I don't know, but you are painting with a broad brush
    You are probably right that I painted with to broad a brush. There is however a direct correlation between number of parents in the home and poverty. There is also a marked negative effect in likelihood of serving prison time for children raised in single parent homes.