The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st they came for the banks......

Why force anyone?
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Mike D View Post
    And this surprises you how?

1. Attempt to seize control of census-Whitehouse control
    2. Attempt to place salary cap on execs recieving Tarp funds-Whitehouse control
    3.Attempt to stop bonuses for employees of companies recieving Tarp
    money-Whitehouse control
    4. Attempt to extend salary caps to businesses not recieving Tarp or Bailout money- Whitehouse control
    5. Attempt to place high level of control on states recieving bailout cash Whitehouse control
    6.Attempt to take over investment firms who are in trouble regardless of weather they are a financial institution or not Whitehouse control

HUGE power play for control by Obama, hell, who needs a Constitution when we have one man who is so brilliant and worthy
    I just wonder who's power he will want to usurp tomorrow
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm interesting..................The Laissez Faire policy of the previous administration has worked so well, why would we want to change that?
    I think we would all agree that we are in some kinda mess here. Decisions have to made and policys must be changed. We could argue what those changes should be and for certain we are not going to like all of them, but I am fairly sure most of you see the folly in continuing down the road we were on.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm interesting..................The Laissez Faire policy of the previous administration has worked so well, why would we want to change that?
    I think we would all agree that we are in some kinda mess here. Decisions have to made and policys must be changed. We could argue what those changes should be and for certain we are not going to like all of them, but I am fairly sure most of you see the folly in continuing down the road we were on.
    You just can't help it, can you? It's the default position to go to the "failed policies of the last eight years" card. No need to discuss the merits of the current issue being discussed. It would be funny if it weren't so sad.
    Matt McKenzie

It takes as long as it takes. Sometimes longer.

"It is better to own a $50,000 dog and have an old truck and crummy equipment than to own $50,000 worth of new equipment and a crummy dog..." EdA

Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    You just can't help it, can you? It's the default position to go to the "failed policies of the last eight years" card. No need to discuss the merits of the current issue being discussed. It would be funny if it weren't so sad.
    While I am still affected by the policies of the last eight years I am not about to forget "W" and his minions. Nor will I let up on criticizing them.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Nobody expects you to change your mind about the Bush years. Nobody expects you to stop speaking your mind about it. I just find it ridiculous (and telling) that some of those on the left can't manage to have a conversation about the actions of a Democrat without comparing it to the actions of a Republican. Why can't you just discuss the issue at hand? For example, I will not justify the excessive spending and pork-barrel projects that happened while the Republicans controlled Congress by citing examples of the same thing since the Dems took control. I was pissed off when the Republicans did it and I'm pissed off that the Dems do it. I will not justify Bush's actions in Iraq or Afganistan by comparing them to Clinton's actions in Bosnia or Somalia. I will, however, discuss Bush's actions, Clinton's actions, or Obama's actions on their own merits. From my perspective, the inability to directly discuss the issue without inserting the dig at Bush seriously diminishes the credibility of the poster. One man's opinion.
    Last edited by Matt McKenzie; 03-25-2009 at 08:54 AM.
    Matt McKenzie

It takes as long as it takes. Sometimes longer.

"It is better to own a $50,000 dog and have an old truck and crummy equipment than to own $50,000 worth of new equipment and a crummy dog..." EdA

we are the world,,,,,we are the people (puke emoticon needed)

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    we are the world,,,,,we are the people (puke emoticon needed)

Pete
    here ya go

Not as good as the one Ken had on his site, but it will have to do
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Maybe I am wrong but this scares the crap out of me. Chipping away....what is next? Your business?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29847658

Last week I completed a series of finals on how the Soviet Union came into existence. what is scary is how similar the political climate In Russia was at the time of Lenin's rise to power is to the political climate of America today.

The people willingly let Lenin and the Bolsheviks in and it did not take too long before they were sorry for their decision. By the time they realized what Lenin's ambitions were, it was too late the Bolsheviks had power and eerily enough for us, the first thing they did was ...take over private industry and banks.
    I am not suggesting that Obama wants to be another Lenin ( although i honestly don't think that would break his narcissistic heart) But I do believe the example is not lost on him that in extreme times extreme social changes can be made by the government. I would not trust this move by the Administration a bit ...It should scare the crap out of you.
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Thanks Corey
    I needed that,,,,I feel better now

Pete