The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Go Gayturds GDG

Quote Originally Posted by eildydar View Post
    umm no that is clearly photoshoped lol
    nope unfortunately its a new plaque outside one of the sports facilities on campus from what I saw reported..almost makes you want to hurl
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by eildydar View Post
    umm no that is clearly photoshoped lol

your a bunch of dumbasses, I have a picture of a duck with a gators head on it that is as real as that picture.....

no wonder bho got elected

this should say everything that needs to be said

Brown was elected to the Florida House of Representatives in 1982. She served five terms, gaining wide recognition in the Jacksonville area, and served as a delegate to the 1988 Democratic National Convention.[citation needed] After the 1990 census, the Florida legislature carved out a new Third Congressional District in the northern part of the state. This district was designed to enclose an African-American majority within its boundaries. A horseshoe-shaped district touching on predominantly African-American neighborhoods in Jacksonville, Gainesville, Orlando, and Ocala,[2] the Third District seemed likely to send Florida's first African-American to Congress since Reconstruction, and Brown decided to run.[3]

Does anyone wonder why the White House wants to control the census
    Last edited by badbullgator; 03-25-2009 at 11:54 AM.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5tXMLI-OsI

Just in case some of you missed the video
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    your a bunch of dumbasses, I have a picture of a duck with a gators head on it that is as real as that picture.....

no wonder bho got elected

this should say everything that needs to be said

Brown was elected to the Florida House of Representatives in 1982. She served five terms, gaining wide recognition in the Jacksonville area, and served as a delegate to the 1988 Democratic National Convention.[citation needed] After the 1990 census, the Florida legislature carved out a new Third Congressional District in the northern part of the state. This district was designed to enclose an African-American majority within its boundaries. A horseshoe-shaped district touching on predominantly African-American neighborhoods in Jacksonville, Gainesville, Orlando, and Ocala,[2] the Third District seemed likely to send Florida's first African-American to Congress since Reconstruction, and Brown decided to run.[3]

Does anyone wonder why the White House wants to control the census
    I assume you realize that the reason for establishing safe black districts is to prevent those same voters from tipping elections in neighboring districts towards more liberal candidates. That type of gerrymandering has been implemented in states, like Florida, where the last redistricting was controlled completely by Republicans.

EDIT:
    The following is from the Daily Kos, but is consistent with information from other sources:

"No state, however, saw a more partisan, less democratic gerrymander, both at the Congressional level and the state legislative level, than the state of Florida. Florida has become famous for being a toss-up at the presidential level (most famously in 2000), and generally competitive in statewide races as well. Democrats actually outnumber Republicans in terms of registration within the state.
    Yet the Republican legislature created a Congressional map after the 2000 census which included 18 Republicans against only seven Democrats.
    The situation is even worse at the legislative level, where Democrats are in a virtually hopeless minority in both houses. Republicans control the state House with a 76-44 majority, and control the Senate with 26 seats to the Democrats' 14.
    In a state essentially split down the middle between Republicans and Democrats, this kind of single-party dominance is as absurd as it seems on its face."

The primary tactic used to achieve this type of imbalance is to create districts like the 3rd.
    Last edited by YardleyLabs; 03-25-2009 at 01:10 PM.

As an alumnus of UF, I'm embarrassed that Corrine Brown went to school there and is a fan. She's an embarrassment to the school, to Florida, to mammals and to all sentient life. BBG is dead on...her district is a gerrymandered joke that meanders 120 miles through every black neighborhood from Jacksonville to Orlando...often not much wider than a highway easement. In 2000, while doing some volunteer work for the GOP I got to meet and talk w/ Brown's GOP opponent. A black lady who had just retired as a Lt. Commander from the Navy. She promoted self-reliance and personal responsibility. She was smart. She was articulate. She was hot lookin'. And she got trounced by that corrupt ignoramus Corrine Brown.

BTW, what's the first thing a Georgia teenager says upon losing her virginity?

Wait for it....

Wait....

"Daddy, get off me! You're squishin' my smokes!"

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I assume you realize that the reason for establishing safe black districts is to prevent those same voters from tipping elections in neighboring districts towards more liberal candidates. That type of gerrymandering has been implemented in states, like Florida, where the last redistricting was controlled completely by Republicans.

so you disagree that is why the white house wants to control the census? see jeff you do have to always take the other side. I never mentioned who established the black districts in an effort not to make it dem vs rep. I only pointed out that is why this woman is in office. Who made the districts is not really an issue in this, is it?
    BTW- just for fun and you direct me to the information you are used to say that it was republicans who controlled the redistricting? I am not saying they did not, I just don't know....you may be right
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post

BTW, what's the first thing a Georgia teenager says upon losing her virginity?

Wait for it....

Wait....

"Daddy, get off me! You're squishin' my smokes!"

Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Um yeah, not so much. The 1990 redistricting in Florida that handed Brown a lifetime seat was done by a Democrat controlled legislature and a Democrat governor. I suppose that the GOP could have taken it away after they took power, but then people like you would have raised hell about how racist they were. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    so you disagree that is why the white house wants to control the census? see jeff you do have to always take the other side. I never mentioned who established the black districts in an effort not to make it dem vs rep. I only pointed out that is why this woman is in office. Who made the districts is not really an issue in this, is it?
    BTW- just for fun and you direct me to the information you are used to say that it was republicans who controlled the redistricting? I am not saying they did not, I just don't know....you may be right
    The white house has controlled the census process for a long time. Bush, for example, overrode the recommendations of staff on methods to improve census counts in urban minority neighborhoods and replaced the leadership to ensure that no such programs would be implemented. Democrats can be expected to exercise similar judgment to reverse those positions and implement programs that will expend substantial resources to capture those urban populations. However, the real impact of the census will be felt in redistricting efforts at the state level. Since the early 1990's, Republicans have dominated control of redistricting in most states in the country. The last election reduced the extent of Republican control in state legislatures, but not by much. However, I expect that Democrats will use whatever new strength they have to reverse some of the things that the Republicans pulled off following the 2000 census.

In Florida, the redistricting process is controlled by the legislature as a matter of law. Republicans won control of the senate in 1992 and of the house in 1996. The initial redistricting plan was developed and implemented for the 1994 elections. One of the issues addressed was that Florida was under investigation because of the absence of any minority representatives. A number of safe black districts were created as part of a settlement of litigation. The effect of this was the creation of an even larger number of overwhelmingly white districts. This helped increase Republican control of the legislature and left it completely unchallenged in its control of the redistricting process following the 2000 census. The results of that are shown in the edited comments in my prior post, but have basically given republicans two-thirds control of the legislature despite having only 50% of votes in any statewide elections. By the way, the third district was itself the subject of litigation through 1996 as a racially gerrymandered district. Ultimately the courts punted, leaving the question until after the 2000 census. The Bush supreme court then chose not to hear further challenges. Of course, by then it had become apparent that the Republican party was the primary beneficiary of the newly created "black" and "hispanic" districts. I have posted a lot of sources since most of the information concerning 1990 came from a variety of court filings throughout the 90's. I can point you to more readily accessible sources for the 2000 redistricting if you are interested.

The Bush supreme court? I was under the impression that the President and the Supreme Court were in different branches of government. Was there a justice named Bush?
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford