The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Go Gayturds GDG

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post

In Florida, the redistricting process is controlled by the legislature as a matter of law. Republicans won control of the senate in 1992 and of the house in 1996. The initial redistricting plan was developed and implemented for the 1994 elections. One of the issues addressed was that Florida was under investigation because of the absence of any minority representatives. A number of safe black districts were created as part of a settlement of litigation. The effect of this was the creation of an even larger number of overwhelmingly white districts. This helped increase Republican control of the legislature and left it completely unchallenged in its control of the redistricting process following the 2000 census. The results of that are shown in the edited comments in my prior post, but have basically given republicans two-thirds control of the legislature despite having only 50% of votes in any statewide elections. By the way, the third district was itself the subject of litigation through 1996 as a racially gerrymandered district. Ultimately the courts punted, leaving the question until after the 2000 census. The Bush supreme court then chose not to hear further challenges. Of course, by then it had become apparent that the Republican party was the primary beneficiary of the newly created "black" and "hispanic" districts. I have posted a lot of sources since most of the information concerning 1990 came from a variety of court filings throughout the 90's. I can point you to more readily accessible sources for the 2000 redistricting if you are interested.
    So Jeff,
    Who sued to get the black districts? I know cause I was here, but why don't you fill us in?
    And when was it refused by the Supreme court before or after Bush made his appointments?

Just another example of how demands by a minority for Affirmative Action sometimes leads to undesired consequences! (see the videos in the history thread for more examples)

If Jeff can't find the answers perhaps another "AXESCADEMIC" will post the answers for us
    Last edited by Captain Mike D; 03-25-2009 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2gIsUCDDfI

Yes, it truly does suck, to be, a florida gayturd.

Hooked on Ebonics???
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by eildydar View Post
    umm no that is clearly photoshoped lol
    The picture is. It's a joke based off her "Babble". The youtube video however is real. Youtube Corrine Brown and you'll find it numerous times.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Mike D View Post
    So Jeff,
    Who sued to get the black districts? I know cause I was here, but why don't you fill us in?
    And when was it refused by the Supreme court before or after Bush made his appointments?

Just another example of how demands by a minority for Affirmative Action sometimes leads to undesired consequences! (see the videos in the history thread for more examples)

If Jeff can't find the answers perhaps another "AXESCADEMIC" will post the answers for us
    I agree that the litigation -- which actually involved four states -- completely backfired and may have been one of the inspirations for the Republican redistricting strategy following the 2000 census. In Florida it backfired twice. First it ended up creating three times more safe conservative districts than it did black districts. Second, the delays caused by the litigation opened the door for tinkering with the plan after the 92 and 96 elections where Republicans gained control of the legislature. While it is fair to say that the Republicans exercised complete control over the redistricting following the 2000 census, they only exercised partial control over the 1990 census redistricting. Without the litigation, they would have been in a much weaker position in the 1990's. You'll notice that for all the complaints about the gerrymandered third district, it was left untouched because of its value in preserving relatively conservative districts on its borders.

Both sides have learned a lot since the 1990 redistricting. I fully expect Republicans to begin lobbying for the appointment of redistricting commissions in those states where they have now lost control of legislatures in the interests of "good government."

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    your a bunch of dumbasses, I have a picture of a duck with a gators head on it that is as real as that picture.....

no wonder bho got elected

this should say everything that needs to be said

Brown was elected to the Florida House of Representatives in 1982. She served five terms, gaining wide recognition in the Jacksonville area, and served as a delegate to the 1988 Democratic National Convention.[citation needed] After the 1990 census, the Florida legislature carved out a new Third Congressional District in the northern part of the state. This district was designed to enclose an African-American majority within its boundaries. A horseshoe-shaped district touching on predominantly African-American neighborhoods in Jacksonville, Gainesville, Orlando, and Ocala,[2] the Third District seemed likely to send Florida's first African-American to Congress since Reconstruction, and Brown decided to run.[3]

Does anyone wonder why the White House wants to control the census
    That is amazing how did a duck get a gators head?
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

I once saw a picture of a rabbit with antlers!

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    I once saw a picture of a rabbit with antlers!
    Did you ever see a picture of a SNIPE??

If not, would you like to learn how to hunt them??
    Stan b & Elvis

Are you saying jackalopes aren't real?????

And snipe are tastey little birds... But no I don't want you to take me snipe hunting.
    Some people dream of success, while others wake up and work hard for it.

"Five in the hole is better then 250 circling overhead." - Jase Robertson

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Newcomb View Post
    Are you saying jackalopes aren't real?????

And snipe are tastey little birds... But no I don't want you to take me snipe hunting.
    I just bought a whole box of Snipe hunting bags from a dealer in Nebraska.
    He had some Jackalope bait on sale too!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Currently middle of the "Great" Plains- Ord NE

Ummm, there REALLY IS a snipe season...no bags needed, but there is a bag limit! And yes, I do know what the other type of snipe hunting is.
    Raina Anderson WWW.FIREHOUSELABS.COM

According to this BMI chart, I am too short !!!