The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: News conference

I didn't see the news conference last night and am already getting annoyed that this buffoon insists on 'campaigning' and preening like a Hollywood starlet instead of actually LEARNING the issues. If he wanted to be a movie star so badly why didn't he learn acting? Oh, I get it, because unlike buying your way into the POTUS you might actually have to MEMORIZE lines instead of reading off a teleprompter. Take Obomo off his script and he stutters and bumbles and sounds like he's punch drunk.

As for changes, I agree with Jeff that this Pres. has or promises to initiate a boatload of them for the brief time he's been in office. However, his abysmal lack of knowlege of what's in his own stimulus and budget programs he's cramming through should make even his die hard supporters shudder. I doubt Obomo has substantive knowlege about a single one of them. He's a puppet on a string, being yanked by special interest groups and lobbyists, many of which he appointed to positions of power in his administration. He is nothing that he promised during his campaign and a sanctimonious hypocrite when called out. He even made a joke on Leno when asked about the dog he promised his kids. When Leno asked why they didn't have a dog yet, he said getting a dog was a campaign promise.

Quote Originally Posted by labraiser View Post
    Did anyone watch that wonderful news conference tonight. I like how the pres never answers any direct questions. He gets puff ball questions asked by his pet news reporters. When he did get a tough question, did you hear all the um's, stuttering and nonsence out of him. I can't wait until this idiot is out in 4 yrs. He way over his head.
    I didn't watch....was driving home from a HS baseball game in crazy Ft. Worth. But, given the fact that BHO is on pace to give 48 of these prime time pressers over the next 4 years I was able to relax once I came to the realization that I would probably get to see him again in about 30 days.....compare that pace to George W. Bush and Bill Clinton who each gave 4 of these East Room circle jerks over 8 years....the boy does love the attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Noel View Post
    I didn't watch....was driving home from a HS baseball game in crazy Ft. Worth. But, given the fact that BHO is on pace to give 48 of these prime time pressers over the next 4 years I was able to relax once I came to the realization that I would probably get to see him again in about 30 days.....compare that pace to George W. Bush and Bill Clinton who each gave 4 of these East Room circle jerks over 8 years....the boy does love the attention.

He wants to be a movie star when he grows up
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    If it looks like I am always liberal, it may only be because the basis for comparison is this forum.

Talk about calling a spade a spade!
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post

I am not crazy about the stimulus actions taken to date, but I don't disagree with the approach taken. I think the actions taken to date are much better than doing nothing and infinitely better than implementing permanent tax cuts as proposed by the minority.

I disagree, funding failed business models with Our money isn't a good way to destroy the toxic debt. For example, the money provided to GM/AIG has resulted in a request for more money from Us Demonizing those making over $250k/yr then submitting Paulsen's plan to have private investors buy bad debt from banks while those investors wonder if the contract will be honored doesn't seem to be better than nothing. Because if nothing was done We (actually our grandchildren) wouldn't be, according to the CBO, projected to be 4 Trilliion in debt

I tend to feel that Obama's current budget proposals for the next ten years would do as much damage to our economy as Bush's budget activities did over the last eight years. I complained about deficits during periods of economic growth under Bush and, if our economy begins to grow again, I will complain if deficits continue under Obama.

The Obama administration has implemented a number of different programs to date -- a remarkable number given that he has only been President for two months. Which ones would you classify as good programs?There are many legitimate issues with the programs implemented so far and those he has actually proposed for the future. Those should provide a lot of fodder for debate. Why argue about things that haven't been suggested or proposed by the administration (e.g. HR 45)? On health care proposals, why not say exactly what is wrong with Obama's proposals rather than trying to argue whether or not it is "socialized medicine", which means absolutely nothing (as I have noted before, I believe we already have socialized medicine)?

If it looks like I am always liberal, it may only be because the basis for comparison is this forum.
    So far with all the bumbling in DC I'm not impressed with the new administration. With so many broken promises it's hard to hope.