The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rahm Emanuel's board membership on Freddie Mac

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    $2 billion to ACORN??? That must have been in a different bill. It isn't in the stimulus bill which provides no money directly to ACORN. With respect to being cut off by our creditors, I share your concern. Had it not been for the doubling of the deficit over the prior eight years because of increased spending combined with massive tax cuts for the rich we would not be facing that problem today and would probably not be an economic basket case as we are today. Obama's 10 year plan calls for continuing deficits even assuming the economy rebounds. I am opposed to that aspect of his plans.

there i fixed it for you. i guess your right ACORN will have to fill out applications for grants and there is no guarantee they will recieve the money. i am sure there are many other groups that obama worked for that will be trying to recieve grants for community organization! what ever! what was the deficit when bush left office and what is it now two months later? what will it be in two more months or by the end of the year? who was it that said liberalism is a disease?
    Last edited by duckheads; 03-27-2009 at 05:44 PM.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    there i fixed it for you. i guess your right ACORN will have to fill out applications for grants and there is no guarantee they will recieve the money. i am sure there are many other groups that obama worked for that will be trying to recieve grants for community organisation! what ever! what was the deficit when bush left office and what is it now two months later? what will it be in two more months or by the end of the year? who was it that said liberalism is a disease?
    Deficit:

It's hard to say who said "liberalism is a disease" first. Ann Coulter, brainless diva of the right, used that as the title for one of her books. Reagan is often associated with the phrase. But for now every person who is so far right that they have forgotten how to use the left side of their brain seems to have put the phrase on a coffee mug or bumper sticker. ACORN, by the way, has previously announced that they will not be seeking grants under the stimulus bill since they do not do the types of work covered by the program.

With respect to the post-WWII growth of the deficit as a percentage of GDP, you can blame almost 100% of that on the deified Republican duopoly of Reagan and Bush Jr. There is no doubt that Obama could join that pantheon. I hope he does not and will criticize him if he does in the same manner that I have criticized Reagan and GWB.