RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Golden Puppy Alaska Update

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  WRL 
#1 ·
UPDATE ON PUPPY Jan met Daryl at SeaTac. I guess spot went straight to Jan upon introduction, end of story. She now owns a alpha golden with a white spot on its forehead. Now the big story: Dispite having reserved space in cargo for the dogs, Alaska Air refused to ship dogs due to the ReDoubt eruption, Jan and Daryl both had seats on the same plane, Jan had a in cab carry bag for her pup so she ended up flying north to Alaska. Daryl ended up splitting a room with 5 other dog owners and calling her hub to come back and get her, a 4 hr drive over Snoqualimi Pass with a blizard. She will reschedule and fly again in a few days. Jans flight to Anchorage was diverted to Fairbanks, 400 miles north. AA would not do squat for her or others on the plane, just said they were in Alaska, and not reponsible for a "act of God". I guess several groups of about 5 each ended up renting cars and driving to Anchorage that night for about $500 per car for one way rental. I think they were told by AA that they could hang out in Fairbanks a few days at thier own epense and AA would get them back to Anchorage eventually. She called me at 5am, home at last, and wanting instructions on how to turn the water back on in the house.....Bud

#2 ·
Congratulations! .. to Jan...and "Spot". Hope there will be an update with registered name when it is decided!! Picture?

Best of Luck..and have fun :)

Judy

#4 ·
Glad to hear that Jan and 'Spot' made it home and sounds like a great way to pick a pup!!!! :) Sounds like a nightmare for traveling!

Can't wait to meet the new little guy.... :)

Juli

#5 ·
At least it sounds like the most important thing happened and she got the "Right Pup".

Sorry about the whole traveling disaster story, it sounds awful and very expensive.

Can not wait to see pictures when everyone is safely settled in their correct locations.

Colleen

#6 ·
Wow! You would think Alaska Airlines would do Better than that. :( It's to Bad that it's so Scary flying your Dog in Cargo. It really should not have to be like that. Thank God everybodies Home safe and sound.
Micki

#7 ·
I don't really want to come to Alaska Airline's defense to much.

But, they've been cancelling flights to up here right and left. No one knows what that volcano's going to do. Or exactly where that ash is going to go.

Better to have haphazard schedules on flights than have an airplane go down with all aboard.

#8 ·
I don't really want to come to Alaska Airline's defense to much.

But, they've been cancelling flights to up here right and left. No one knows what that volcano's going to do. Or exactly where that ash is going to go.

Better to have haphazard schedules on flights than have an airplane go down with all aboard.
Howard, i agree fully with that, what my problem was with Alaska is why didn't they charter a bus for a plane load of people and get them to Anchoarge that night. In my opinion they took repsponsibility for the passengers when they flew them to Alaska. If the flight had been cancelled at SeaTac, that would have been another story, blame the valcano. What if somebody flew up there with only a couple dollars cash, they would have to camp in the airport and have nothing to eat until AA decided to fly them to Anchorage. Things like that do happen. Bud

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.