The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Dumb America"...

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas D View Post
    If wearing helmets while skateboarding or biking will save one child (or adult) from a tramatic brain injury, I'm all for them.

Come on Tom,
    7 concussions from bikes, football, and rugby and I am pretty good………
    Far more brain dammage form partying as a youngin
    Sissys I tell you. You cannot find a 12 year old that can hold downba 6 pack any more. And smokes....forget about it. In my day we would bite off the filter, use the cig for a straw and then eat what was left......
    a bunch of little gilrs I tell you

what were we taking about agian
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Where does that logic stop? A two hour mandatory ladder training course required before buying/using a ladder would save a lot more than one person from serious injury/death. Mandatory cholesterol monitoring would save way more than one person. Outlawing hunting would save lots of human lives from accidental death.
    That has to be one of the dumbest comments I have seen on this forum.
    Maybe when you have a family member suffer a brain injury due to failure to wear a helmet you will change your opinion. I hope you don't.
    Tom Dorroh

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas D View Post
    That has to be one of the dumbest comments I have seen on this forum.
    Maybe when you have a family member suffer a brain injury due to failure to wear a helmet you will change your opinion. I hope you don't.
    Dumbest comments ever? Wow. That's saying something on this forum.

But your insult still doesn't answer my question. It wasn't rhetorical.

BTW, just so you don't think you have the market cornered on personal tragedy, I have lost a close loved one to a gun accident. I guess I should support outlawing guns?

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Come on Tom,
    7 concussions from bikes, football, and rugby and I am pretty good………
    Far more brain dammage form partying as a youngin
    Sissys I tell you. You cannot find a 12 year old that can hold downba 6 pack any more. And smokes....forget about it. In my day we would bite off the filter, use the cig for a straw and then eat what was left......
    a bunch of little gilrs I tell you

what were we taking about agian

Thanks, I needed a grin

Death is cost effective! Crippling for life is not!

I tend to think that there are few slopes more slippery than the one that puts government in the business of telling everyone how to be safe. In some cases, I tend to think the benefits are clear. An example would be mandatory use of seat belts by drivers of vehicles. By wearing a seat belt a driver is better able to retain control of a vehicle following an initial collision and thereby more likely to be able to reduce additional damage to others. For passengers I have more problems since I tend to believe that each of us has the right to be stupid even at risk of our own life and disability.

With kids one has the argument of diminished responsibility to justify protective regulation. However, it is impossible to make the world truly safe for kids and it seems to me that we only start creating regulations and laws where there is a product that can be sold so that someone else can make money.

If you want to save more kids' lives than will ever be harmed by bicycle accidents, focus on a real danger like Mcdonalds. Make it illegal for any kid to buy fast food unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian! I'm being facetious, but there is no question that such a law would save more lives than having every kid wear a helmet 100% of the time while doing anything.

Growing up is inherently dangerous. As parents we are responsible for helping our kids learn to navigate those dangers. They don't learn if wrapped in a cocoon. Getting hurt along the way is part of the learning process and helps most kids become stronger and smarter. Some are hurt seriously in the process of growing up, and that is tragic. In the end, though, I think most of those things improve our kids' abilities to survive.

rugby! now we are talking. played for 22 years. talk about the pussification of america. the kids at our elemenatry school can't play dodgeball, tag, and now they can't even play kick ball because some idiot kid wasn't paying attention and got hit in the face with the ball. parents raised hell now all kids suffer. if that was one of my kids i would have told them to pay attention next time and you won't get hit in the face. and they wonder why the kids are over weight and obese. heck all you have to do is send in a note to saying my little tommy doesn't like to run and he gets out of having to actually exercise in gym class. it is becoming a total joke. we use to play smear the queer at recess and when the new school was built we continued to play on the pavement. got my first concussion playing red rover on the pavement.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

You forgot bb gun tag
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

played that also until the police confiscated our bb guns! bastuurds i tell ya, bastuurds!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

This Nanny state crap has to end. It is a farce. Dont tell me they have any concern for any of this health stuff until the outlaw smoking. Pretty soon we will be wearing helmets in the shower and in the car. Maybe on Sat. nite might need a helmet to keep from multiple headboard impacts.

The motorcycle industry is still working on a ban of all ATV and motorcycle/minibikes because of lead issues. Evidently there is a high incidence of kids licking bike parts. Yet their are no bans of lead fishing weights that kids will put in their mouth to crimp the sinkers onto the line.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan