The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: "Dumb America"...

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Back in the day Mosquito control would fog the neighborhoods. You could hear them coming for miles. Our parents use to encourage us to get out bikes and go chase the fog trucks. Nothing like hammering a bike as hard as you can and sucking up all that mosquito spray. To this day mosquitoes don’t bite me……
    Ha, my parents didnt have to tell me to do that, I was smart enough to do that on my own.....that reminds me, I gotta get to the doc and get this twitch checked out.

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    rugby! now we are talking. played for 22 years. talk about the pussification of america. the kids at our elemenatry school can't play dodgeball, tag, and now they can't even play kick ball because some idiot kid wasn't paying attention and got hit in the face with the ball. parents raised hell now all kids suffer. if that was one of my kids i would have told them to pay attention next time and you won't get hit in the face. and they wonder why the kids are over weight and obese. heck all you have to do is send in a note to saying my little tommy doesn't like to run and he gets out of having to actually exercise in gym class. it is becoming a total joke. we use to play smear the queer at recess and when the new school was built we continued to play on the pavement. got my first concussion playing red rover on the pavement.
    You know, one of the very special treats in life was listening to "the red ball" SPLAT against some smaller kids head!!
    I don't know how to describe it!!

What a shame that none of the big kids ever get to feel that again!!
    Stan b & Elvis

you guys are killing me! about the time i am trying to remember the name of something one of you guys nails it. first was the mumbly peg then the tennis ball cannon. i am cracking up remembering all the stupid stuff we did as kids! oh yea i was also a kidd wishing he had the crossman pump instead of the lever action crap. then one of the rich kids got a CO2 pistol and lit my butt up with about ten shots to the leg. at that point i went for the old fashion way of defending yourself, two fists a flyin'! LOL!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Oh yeah....that is/was fun, we always used a cardboard box, never thought about plywood. Probably would have gotten less "road rash" with the plywood
    A old car hood worked the best
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

In I think 3rd grade while playing dodge ball in gym class the teacher threw a ball and broke my finger. Now it would be national news. My parents were not mad or anything no law suit no job loss or even a phone call. Those were the days the principal had a paddle hanging on the wall and would use it. Dont remember any shootings, rape, stabbings or car jacking either. We also ate the candied apples from the lady down the street for Halloween. My wife was saying that she used to have to ride in/on the rear window ledge in the car cause the car only sat 6 and they had 6 kids in the family and the baby rode in moms lap. How about the treat to ride in the back of a pick up or going to the dump on Sat. nite and shooting rats with a .22
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    One of our favorites was CO2 rockets. Set a CO2 cartridge on a grooved board. Place foot on cartridge to hold it lightly. Use nail and hammer to "light" it and watch that sucker fly. This was followed closely by cherry bomb mortars. Stick a pipe in the ground. Drop in lit cherry bomb and jam tennis ball in the end -- boom!
    I am still a big spud gun fan.

Also impressive was filling a garbage bag up with oxygen & acetelyn (sp) from a cutting torch, tape it to a long pole and send it over the campfire. Very loud but not much damage.

I work with a guy whose folks ran a fireworks stand. Even if only half of what he told was true, he is very lucky to have all his fingers and eyesight.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    In I think 3rd grade while playing dodge ball in gym class the teacher threw a ball and broke my finger. Now it would be national news. My parents were not mad or anything no law suit no job loss or even a phone call. Those were the days the principal had a paddle hanging on the wall and would use it. Dont remember any shootings, rape, stabbings or car jacking either. We also ate the candied apples from the lady down the street for Halloween. My wife was saying that she used to have to ride in/on the rear window ledge in the car cause the car only sat 6 and they had 6 kids in the family and the baby rode in moms lap. How about the treat to ride in the back of a pick up or going to the dump on Sat. nite and shooting rats with a .22
    We still do that!!
    Stan b & Elvis

bb gun tag!!!!!!! It was all good til the dude got a pump crossman for Christmas. "You pumped it up More than three times!" "No I didn't" "Yes you did!" rofl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a quote, "YOu can't legistrate stupitidy!" Jessi Ventura.

Talking

I just googled Cherry bombs! I ve heard my dad talking about them. Man there must be some old farts on here!!!!!!!

I had a science teacher shows us how to make a spud gun, on the down low, and we made one. Broke my neighbors window. fessed up, got beat, and paid for the window by raking leaves and anything she wanted!!!!

I needed a laugh today gentelmen, Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I just googled Cherry bombs! I ve heard my dad talking about them. Man there must be some old farts on here!!!!!!!

I had a science teacher shows us how to make a spud gun, on the down low, and we made one. Broke my neighbors window. fessed up, got beat, and paid for the window by raking leaves and anything she wanted!!!!

I needed a laugh today gentelmen, Thanks!
    Cherry bombs were the M-80's of the 1950's. They were illegal in my town but could be purchased in nearby Oliver Springs which we could reach by bicycle.