The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: "Dumb America"...

After having your thread splattered with GDG, not sure it will get back to your beginning, Keith. But to proffer some additional info to what you have pointed to, here's something from across the pond that illustrates we aren't the only lunatics on the globe.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...ntingPage=true

I recall when the PC movement began. It was so ludicrous we just figured it was a silly fad. Then the Ebonics was added to the mix. Guess the jokes on us...any sane logical thinking person that thought this would go away like racoon coats and spats.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I just googled Cherry bombs! I ve heard my dad talking about them. Man there must be some old farts on here!!!!!!!

I had a science teacher shows us how to make a spud gun, on the down low, and we made one. Broke my neighbors window. fessed up, got beat, and paid for the window by raking leaves and anything she wanted!!!!

I needed a laugh today gentelmen, Thanks!
    Yep, Cherry Bombs!!

I may know of a couple of them that got dropped in the school plumbing system!!

Old farts??

Just well seasoned.
    I have found that no one truly respects age untill they get their own!!

If I may;

seasoned regards,
    Stan b & Elvis

The plywood post reminded me of one year when we got snow (not very often in south GA). There was about 3 inches or so on the ground, so my dad tied a sheet of masonite to his work van with a long rope and dragged me and my sisters around the dirt roads until one of my sisters fell off and broke her tailbone.
    Speaking of poor parental judgement, he also showed me how to build a gun with a threaded galvanized pipe nipple and cap, a marble and a firecracker. Just drill a hole through the cap for the fuse to go through and viola!
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    After having your thread splattered with GDG, not sure it will get back to your beginning, Keith. But to proffer some additional info to what you have pointed to, here's something from across the pond that illustrates we aren't the only lunatics on the globe.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...ntingPage=true

I recall when the PC movement began. It was so ludicrous we just figured it was a silly fad. Then the Ebonics was added to the mix. Guess the jokes on us...any sane logical thinking person that thought this would go away like racoon coats and spats.

UB

With all due respect, someone starts a thread titled "Dumb America," it's a lock it will go on some odd directions!

Sense of humor needed regards,
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    Pretty soon we will be wearing helmets in the shower and in the car.
    Not gonna happen with cars. Soccer Moms won't tolerate messing up their hair.

Did anyone else play the non-PC game of smear the queer. As I remember it, we'd play with around 5-6 people. One person would have the ball and everyone else went after him. I don't remember there being a point to the game beyond just takling people.
    Last edited by Steve; 03-30-2009 at 05:54 PM.
    Kelly, Weis, Willingham, & Davies

Being about as 'humorous' as one can find on RTF, you certainly didn't think I was complaining about Keith's thread taking a dive did you??? Au Contraire...just stating a fact. I've been known to detour many a well-meaning thread into the oblivion of GDG, for after all, I was the one to acronym the good Doctor's gobbledygook observation.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post

Did anyone else play the non-PC game of smear the queer. As I remember it, we'd play with around 5-6 people. One person would have the ball and everyone else went after him. I don't remember there being a point to the game beyond just takling people.
    Sounds like what we played reffered to as "Kill the Carrier".

Talking

I have enjoyed this thread.

Great laughs!

Amazing how we made it through to adult hood!

Have a great evening Gents, well seasoned and all!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    . How about the treat to ride in the back of a pick up or going to the dump on Sat. nite and shooting rats with a .22
    Man oh man, we use to live for the dump. Nothing better than getting in the back of the pick up and going our and shooting those rats (and seagulls). A trip to the dump may have actually saved my life. One Saturday we loaded up and went to the dump with my friends father. While we were gone a tornado came through our backyard and tore out a giant tree that he had a tree fort in. If we were home we probably would have been in the fort becasue he loved to stay out in it during rain storms (of course not so smart since our area is the lightining capital of the country).
    The only thing better than going to the dump was when we would get a freeze down here. Since several of our parents worked in the citrus industry we would get out of school so we could stay out in the groves all night lighting smudge pots to keep the orange trees from freezing. Nothing like 12-13 year old kids running around all night with kerosene torches

Not sure how a lot of us are still here today........
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post

Not only did we play it on our own we also played it under the sanctioning of the coaches/PE teachers during PE sometimes. It involved 15-30 kids at a time usually. It was also a lot harder to get away when confined in our PE gyms!