The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Dumb America"...

If you think there are some ridiculous safety regulations now, wait until we have nationalized health care!
    Matt McKenzie

It takes as long as it takes. Sometimes longer.

"It is better to own a $50,000 dog and have an old truck and crummy equipment than to own $50,000 worth of new equipment and a crummy dog..." EdA

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    This Nanny state crap has to end. It is a farce. Dont tell me they have any concern for any of this health stuff until the outlaw smoking. Pretty soon we will be wearing helmets in the shower and in the car. Maybe on Sat. nite might need a helmet to keep from multiple headboard impacts.

The motorcycle industry is still working on a ban of all ATV and motorcycle/minibikes because of lead issues. Evidently there is a high incidence of kids licking bike parts. Yet their are no bans of lead fishing weights that kids will put in their mouth to crimp the sinkers onto the line.

Now you see there is another thing, grew up using our teeth to crimp down slip shot weights..... lead posining is over rated

BTW- don't give them any ideas..........
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    You forgot bb gun tag
    One of my favorites until my Dad confiscated my gun after I shot it straight up in the air and hit my Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    One of my favorites until my Dad confiscated my gun after I shot it straight up in the air and hit my Mom.

Cool, I hit my mom in the head with a golf club when I was 4. Nobody told me you don't take a full swing on a putt putt course.....now if she had a hemlet on she would still be able to see out of that eye......
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Ah yes, many hours of countless fun playing BB gun tag in the orange groves...wishing I had one of those 10 pump crossmans instead of the level action Red Ryder. Another fun/stupid game we played...take real darts and stand about 20 yards or so apart. Throw dart at the other kid (had to have an arc of at least above his head). You could do whatever you needed to do to dodge the dart except lift either of your feet. First person to make the other kid pick up a foot wins. Good times. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Ah yes, many hours of countless fun playing BB gun tag in the orange groves...wishing I had one of those 10 pump crossmans instead of the level action Red Ryder. Another fun/stupid game we played...take real darts and stand about 20 yards or so apart. Throw dart at the other kid (had to have an arc of at least above his head). You could do whatever you needed to do to dodge the dart except lift either of your feet. First person to make the other kid pick up a foot wins. Good times. Good times.
    Well what about lawn darts.... of course we loved mumbly peg (sic?) where you throw a knife near the other persons feet , trying to make them spread out so far they fall......
    Corey Burke

Alright...I gues we are officially derailed so how about this...

We use to tie a piece of plywood via a 50 foot rope to the back of a motorcycle and after a good rain we would "sled" around the fields. Had to stop when we slung a kid in to a building and he broke something (on his body that is)...or maybe that was when he just ran into the building on his own...can't remember.
    In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth (Gen 1:1 NKJV)... 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. (John 1:1-4NKJV)

No evolution, no monkey ancestors, no big bang!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Farmer View Post
    Alright...I gues we are officially derailed so how about this...

We use to tie a piece of plywood via a 50 foot rope to the back of a motorcycle and after a good rain we would "sled" around the fields. Had to stop when we slung a kid in to a building and he broke something (on his body that is)...or maybe that was when he just ran into the building on his own...can't remember.

Oh yeah....that is/was fun, we always used a cardboard box, never thought about plywood. Probably would have gotten less "road rash" with the plywood
    Corey Burke

Back in the day Mosquito control would fog the neighborhoods. You could hear them coming for miles. Our parents use to encourage us to get out bikes and go chase the fog trucks. Nothing like hammering a bike (no helmet)as hard as you can and sucking up all that mosquito spray. To this day mosquitoes don’t bite me……
    Last edited by badbullgator; 03-30-2009 at 01:44 PM.
    Corey Burke

One of our favorites was CO2 rockets. Set a CO2 cartridge on a grooved board. Place foot on cartridge to hold it lightly. Use nail and hammer to "light" it and watch that sucker fly. This was followed closely by cherry bomb mortars. Stick a pipe in the ground. Drop in lit cherry bomb and jam tennis ball in the end -- boom!