The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smoke 'em if you got 'em

I don't mean to offend anyone with the "idiot" comment. But it is true. I smoked for over twenty years. That has to be the stupidest thing I ever did. It finally reached critical mass one day as I was standing out on the sidewalk outside of the Baptist Cancer Center having a smoke while my wife was inside getting her chemotherapy treatment. I finally realized what a complete idiot I was for smoking and what a coward I was for not quitting.
    I also used illegal drugs when I was young, I have driven drunk, and plenty of other idiotic things over the years. So I by no means think that I"m superior to any of the other idiots out there, but I call a spade a spade. Also keep in mind that I have adult children that have tattoos, piercings and that smoke. I love them dearly, but those were idiotic decisions that they made.
    There is nobody alive today who started smoking who didn't know that it was bad for them. They chose to smoke, they chose to become addicted and they can chose to stop. Blaming it on anything other than themselves is cowardice. The same applies to any drug out there. Addictions are self-inflicted diseases. I disagree with my tax dollars being used to prevent others from using legal or illegal drugs and I disagree with my tax dollars being used to cure someone of their self-inflicted diseases.
    Keep in mind that I'm not one of those ex-smokers who preaches to smokers. I don't care what you do with your life and your body. I certainly disagree with the current trend of treating smokers like second-class citizens. But smoking is stupid and those who chose to do so are making a stupid choice. That includes me and some of my family members. One man's opinion.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Hookset
    Also keep in mind that I have adult children that have tattoos, piercings and that smoke. I love them dearly, but those were idiotic decisions that they made.
    Key is in the phrasing: Caring and intelligent people can often make idiotic choices. Making some stupid choices along the way doesn't always mean they are basically stupid people
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.