The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: n korea missile launch

  1. #1
    Senior Member precisionlabradors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    st anthony idaho
    Posts
    584

    Default n korea missile launch

    pretty interesting. very defiant. it will be interesting to see how everything pans out with this. one question that came to mind during it is that we went to Iraq because there were some supposed WMD's, nothing concrete, but we went there for that. But, then, for the past decade N Korea has been basically saying, "yeah, we have them and plan to use them. do something". And we don't. It gets the conspiracy theorist inside me going.
    find me on the web

  2. #2
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by precisionlabradors View Post
    pretty interesting. very defiant. it will be interesting to see how everything pans out with this. one question that came to mind during it is that we went to Iraq because there were some supposed WMD's, nothing concrete, but we went there for that. But, then, for the past decade N Korea has been basically saying, "yeah, we have them and plan to use them. do something". And we don't. It gets the conspiracy theorist inside me going.

    Don't worry, PresidentObama is going to talk to them!!
    Stan b & Elvis

  3. #3
    Senior Member Mike W.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    1,385

    Default

    Logistically, South Korea is much, much different. They have something on the order of 27,000 artillery pieces & who knows how many rockets that would reduce Seoul to fire & rubble within 30 minutes. Just can't knock all that stuff out all at once. Any conflict there would be a bloodbath on the order we haven't seen Stalingrad.

    He should have grown a sack and shot that missile down.

  4. #4
    Senior Member subroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dover, New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by junfan68 View Post
    ...He should have grown a sack and shot that missile down.
    I expect President George W. Bush would have. I am sure President Ronald Reagan would have. I am pretty sure President George Bush senior would have as well. bill clinton probably would have as well. I am not suprised obama did not. I do not have any faith that he will defend this country.

    The fact that I wrote this about obama and in reflection really believe it is a sorry state of affairs.
    Last edited by subroc; 04-05-2009 at 10:13 AM. Reason: added comment
    subroc

    Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

  5. #5
    Senior Member precisionlabradors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    st anthony idaho
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    I expect President George W. Bush would have. I am sure President Ronald Reagan would have. I am pretty sure President George Bush senior would have as well. bill clinton probably would have as well. I am not suprised obama did not. I do not have any faith that he will defend this country.

    The fact that I wrote this about obama and in reflection really believe it is a sorry state of affairs.
    bush is what i was referring to. he didnt do chit and n korea was flaunting that all during his presidency.

    "obama will talk to them". well that's more than bush did. bush pussy'd away from the whole thing during his whole presidency. prolly figured we were spread too thin in our Iraq conflict to do much good against a pretty tough n korean military.

    it just seems that there is not 'fiscal' interest for the US to be there, so our last pres never did anything about it. seriously, why go unarm a dictator on suspect of building of WMD's when there is one there flaunting it saying come get me?

    seems if we were really concerned with disarming the bad guys, n korea would have been a priority over iraq. but then, i guess, koreans don't wear turbins and pray to alah, so it would have been moot to punish them for 9/11.
    find me on the web

  6. #6
    Senior Member subroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dover, New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    Is your position, we should attack North Korea?

    Is your position we should or should not have shot down this missle?

    Should South Korea have taken any action?

    So you rejected any action anywhere else yet you now want us to engage on a third front?

    Should we enter Darfur as well?

    obama should have shot the thing down!

    BTW, obama is the president now. Any problem with President George W Bush and his foreign policy is falling on deaf ears, it is obamas responsibility now.

    What should he have done?
    Last edited by subroc; 04-05-2009 at 10:58 AM.
    subroc

    Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

  7. #7
    Senior Member precisionlabradors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    st anthony idaho
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Is your position, we should attack North Korea?

    Is your position we should or should not have shot down this missle?

    Should South Korea have taken any action?

    So you rejected any action anywhere else yet you now want us to engage on a third front?

    Should we enter Darfur as well?

    obama should have shot the thing down!

    BTW, obama is the president now. Any problem with President George W Bush and his foreign policy is falling on deaf ears, it is obamas responsibility now.

    What should he have done?
    typical copout subroc.

    no we shouldn't go to n korea because they would kick our ass because all our troops are in iraq.

    no we shouldn't have shot it down. obama is over kissing ass in europe trying to get some of our allies back that our last POTUS effed up. we will lose in n korea if we go at it alone. iran would be right in there kicking our ass too.

    so my opinion that obama is over talking and kissing ass is the right step for now. disarmment can come later.

    i see it kind of like tom brady can throw great but not accomplish a thing if he is flat on his back. we are on our back because our last pres pissed off the offensive line so badly they wanted to see us on our back and laugh the whole time. so BHO is over recruiting.

    you think we can take it on alone?

    lastly, this has everything to do with GWB. everything. these problems didn't arise since january. they have been going on with n korea for the past decade. and the original txt of this thread was about why we were so quick to go to iraq over wmd's when someone else had them right in front of our faces. i find it irritating that you say, "any problem about bush's foreign policy is falling upon deaf ears". i'll put that in my folder and post it up when the imminent cataclismic financial catrasrophe that your type say BHO is causing strikes and we are paying for it in 10 years. I'll be all-it's ________________ problem. What is________gonna do about it. Freaking great logic.

    maybe obama should have put on his superman cape and carried the missile to safety resting in the iraqi desert, while the crowds cheered.
    find me on the web

  8. #8
    Senior Member subroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dover, New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    What should obama do?
    subroc

    Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

  9. #9
    Senior Member subroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dover, New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    what should obama have done?
    subroc

    Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

  10. #10
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    what should obama have done?
    Not gotten elected!!!!!!

    I'm just sayin'
    Stan b & Elvis

Similar Threads

  1. N Korea Threatens the USA !!!
    By Franco in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-25-2009, 09:47 AM
  2. North Korea tests nuke
    By Bob Gutermuth in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 07:46 AM
  3. Guided Missile
    By RRalph in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 09:54 AM
  4. Air Launch King are they still in Business?
    By webfootkennel of IL in forum Product Review
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-02-2006, 12:30 AM
  5. Air Launch King
    By DKR in forum Product Review
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-19-2003, 03:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •