The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frontline from Australia.

Default Frontline from Australia.

is the frontline from australia on all of the discount sites the same stuff i would get here in the US at my Vet?

just curious, cause i found one site that is almost 50 dollars cheaper for 6 months worth.

here is the site
    http://www.joespetmeds.com/
    Blazin' Rebel General
    "Jackson"

I bought the ProMeris flea and tick from Australia on ebay. Cheaper and is fine. Maak sold it and now they're emailing me coupons.

John Lash

Banned

We get Frontline from Australia and it's fine...

Angie
    Last edited by Angie B; 04-05-2009 at 08:51 PM.

we get heartworm meds from aussie land.
    War Eagle!
    Gig 'em Aggies!

Greene's Stryker Brigade Commander "Stryke"
    HR Crbn Pnch's Makin U Surrender "Siege"

Smile

SORRY FOR THE NOVEL BUT SOME GOOD INFO!! Be careful when you are buying these products from someplace other than your veterinarian. I used to work for a vet and we had many meetings with our Merial rep (makers of Frontline and Heart gard) although buying frontline from another source will not seriously affect your pets health except for having them covered with fleas and some minor illnesses worms etc. that fleas can cause many pet owners are not aware that when purchasing Heart gard and Frontline from another source other than a vet Merial will not cover your pets medical bills !!

Anyone that has had the misfortune of their pet getting heart worms knows that it is in the 1000.00 to treat and may not always save your pets life. That's why it is mandatory to have your pets blood checked for you to buy Heart gard to make sure they are clear of worms. Merial will not cover the cost of your dogs heartworm treatment unless you have had your pet currently checked for Heart worm (at least a year) and been purchasing your heart gard from a vet. One of the many reasons Merial does this is because the Heart Gard and Frontline have to be stored at a certain temp and if they are not the products will not work effectively. Merial stores the product and sends directly to the vets office. If it is being sold through another company they will not gaurentee it because they don't know how the product has been stored. Also may people do not know that when purchasing from 1-800-pet meds Merial will not cover your pets illness either.

i used to think this was a way for vets to make money but after seeing dogs die from Heart worms because owners were using a counterfeit product and unaware of it and also seeing dogs have serve reactions to the counterfeit Frontline. The true frontline is such a middle product and one of the safest flea products you can buy.

One way companies are getting counterfeit frontline and i know this because our clinic received these letters is a company will send a letter saying how they will pay the clinic + some to order the frontline for them and the clinic will make money in return. Now most these letters are addressed to the owner of the clinic thinking they will buy into the extra money and unfortunately some actually do and then sell it to another company for a profit but again Merial will not cover it because they do not know how it was stored. On all our Heart gard and frontline products we would sticker them with the vet clinic info so if someones pet got sick they could tell by sell records the product was covered. My suggestion is to ask the the company you are think of buying the product from if they bought the product from Merial if they do say yes i would call Merial to verify they will cover the product from that company which in most cases no they will not! Hope that helps
    Last edited by Britt&Angie S.; 04-06-2009 at 11:57 AM.
    HRCH Scotts Ten Gage Hunter SH EIC-Clear
    (FC-AFC Cuda's Blue Ryder MH x HRCH Lietner Farms Dark Breez SH)

Van's Smokin Kaycee EIC -Clear
    (Esprit's out of the Woods QAA x Van's Smokin Pepper)

My dogs listen better than my kids

Platte Labs is right.

Check out this article from the FDA website.

http://www.fda.gov/consumer/updates/...line121407.pdf

http://www.fda.gov/fdac/features/2006/606_pets.html
    JoAnn Stancer
    Sandspring Chesapeakes
    MySpace Blog:
    http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...ndID=442677052

To live for today

Banned

It's absolutely the same packaging sold by the same manufacturer. No knock off...

Angie

I bought some Frontline form a major Aussie supplier. I noticed they still were getting ticks, and were not dying when the bit in. I looked around a bit and found that it was actually a counterfeit batch of Frontline as described here:

http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/factsheets/petproduct.htm

Never again! The few $ saved isn't worth the chance of heartworm or tick borne diseases.

Ya you just have to be careful when buying there are a lot of counterfeit out there that's packaging is the same or just not covered by Merial. Just be cautious especially when buying Heart gard
    HRCH Scotts Ten Gage Hunter SH EIC-Clear
    (FC-AFC Cuda's Blue Ryder MH x HRCH Lietner Farms Dark Breez SH)

Van's Smokin Kaycee EIC -Clear
    (Esprit's out of the Woods QAA x Van's Smokin Pepper)

My dogs listen better than my kids

I bought K9 Advantix from an Australian supplier and it did not work at all. I called Bayer and the first question they asked was where I got it. They said any of their products out of Australia or Britain were fake, not the real stuff. They stated that even the packaging and pictures on them was identical, but the actual product was fake. They said since item was made offshore their copy rights etc. could be easily bypassed. Stated to get it from a reputable North American dealer (eg. PetMeds) and you get the real deal. Luckily my online source returned my money for the unused portion.