Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: The great divider!

Default The great divider!

The great divider does not unite!

http://pewresearch.org/pubs/1178/pol...roval-historic
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Interestingly, Republican approval for Obama at 27% is slightly higher than it was for Clinton at a similar time. The difference is that Democratic approval of Obama is higher than was Democratic approval of Clinton. Ever since the Gingrich revolution, Republicans have taken the attitude that their way is so right that compromise is unthinkable. Where Democrats have generally been willing to accept Republican leadership at least initially, Republicans have demonized Democratic leaders consistently.

As long as one side insists on demonizing the other, we will continue as a country to be paralyzed by the "great" partisan divide. In my mind, the demonizers -- be it Pelosi or Rush or Sharpton or Gingrich -- are the ones that should be rejected by all who would rather live with the messiness of Democracy than the totalitarianism of ideological purity.

EDIT:
    Of course, it's possible that this could also have something to do with the apparent increase in partisanship based on Republican disapproval of Obama -- there are many fewer Republicans.....

(Source http://pewresearch.org/pubs/1015/dem...n-swing-states)
    Last edited by YardleyLabs; 04-06-2009 at 08:48 AM.

Is it ironic that overall approval at this early stage of a presidency was highest for Carter ... who turned out to be a president that history has not rewarded with such acclaim?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Is it ironic that overall approval at this early stage of a presidency was highest for Carter ... who turned out to be a president that history has not rewarded with such acclaim?

I posted the same thing on a previous thread. Jimmy was a __________ president. I really doubt anyone (jeff will just to argue) would fill in the blank with great or even good. Far more would put bad or worst....

Keep up the work Obummer
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    I posted the same thing on a previous thread. Jimmy was a __________ president. I really doubt anyone (jeff will just to argue) would fill in the blank with great or even good. Far more would put bad or worst....

Keep up the work Obummer
    No argument here. Great person, terrible President.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    No argument here. Great person, terrible President.

My dear mother is the ONLY perosn in the world who tinks JC was a great potous. She is so gld obummer is in office because she thinks he will be as great a leader as Jimmy was..... I am not sure she is actually my mother.......... She is 84 and her mind wanders....
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Interestingly, Republican approval for Obama at 27% is slightly higher than it was for Clinton at a similar time. The difference is that we've graduated four more years' worth of dumbed-down voters who think Obomo is magic and will provide them with enough money and perks that they will never need to work.
    There Jeff....fixed it for ya

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    There Jeff....fixed it for ya
    Ah Julie. I don't know what I would do without you. I'm so grateful I sent a $25 contribution to the National Democratic Committee in your name.

BTW, I was going to your web site so I could make some appropriately smart___ comment and was blocked by my security software with the following message:

Safe Browsing

Diagnostic page for juliereardon.com

What is the current listing status for juliereardon.com?
    Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.
    Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.
    What happened when Google visited this site?
    Of the 8 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 3 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-04-06, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-04-05.Malicious software includes 3 scripting exploit(s), 3 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 8 new process(es) on the target machine.
    Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including said7.com/, v3i9.cn/.
    1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including said7.com/.
    This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS7784 (ATLANTECH).
    Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
    Over the past 90 days, juliereardon.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.
    Has this site hosted malware?
    No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.
    How did this happen?
    In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.
    Next steps:
    Did you get hacked? I pass this on since you may not be aware of the problem. I can try more diagnostics if you want.

George Bush did it.

Unfortunately Jeff is correct, my website juliereardon.com was hacked over the weekend so if you visited it check your computer and if you haven't visited it DONT GO THERE!! Problem is being worked on.