The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Subserveant Pres...

INteresting that all the libs here always see anything posted as being "made up" and have to check other sources

OR

They throw a red herring into the mix and pull up things that happened in the past administration

Seldom do you read one that will driectly answer a post and NEVER will you find one who agrees with ANYTHING posted by "the other side"

Oh and of course you have rosemary who even though as white as white gets LOVES to play the race card.......
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Tempest in a teapot.....

I thought it was a silly gaffe that lasted about a second and has done nothing to undermine what seems to have been a relatively successful trip. I'd rate it as somewhat less important than the gifts given to the Prime Minister.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I thought it was a silly gaffe that lasted about a second and has done nothing to undermine what seems to have been a relatively successful trip. I'd rate it as somewhat less important than the gifts given to the Prime Minister.
    But admit it Jeff, no matter how much you like Obomo even you have to admit the disregard of protocol and the tacky CDs were kind of boorish.

So you are in favor of him apologizing for all our “evils”?
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    But admit it Jeff, no matter how much you like Obomo even you have to admit the disregard of protocol and the tacky CDs were kind of boorish.
    Yes. Unfortunately, the DVDs are part of a long history of tacky gifts that try to provide a taste of Americana served with a hint of technology. Let the Queen buy her own iPod. The President should be giving gifts of American art -- possibly produced by unknown photographers who are supporters? Of course, either type of gift beats mounted Buffalo heads....

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    So you are in favor of him apologizing for all our “evils”?
    We certainly owe some to a variety of people. The only one I can think of in Iran -- and it's a biggie -- was our role in overthrowing their first democratically elected government and replacing it with the Shah and his secret service spies. That one sits in Eisenhower's lap. They owe a few more to us and the rest of the world.

relatively successful trip.
    Did you know that Hussein actually took along people just so he could play "pick up basketball"? I posted earlier that he was taking 500 people on the trip...appears it was more than 700 making the total more than 500 over NORMAL presidential travel...talk about success boy was it ever!
    In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth (Gen 1:1 NKJV)... 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. (John 1:1-4NKJV)

No evolution, no monkey ancestors, no big bang!

We certainly owe some to a variety of people. The only one I can think of in Iran -- and it's a biggie -- was our role in overthrowing their first democratically elected government and replacing it with the Shah and his secret service spies. That one sits in Eisenhower's lap. They owe a few more to us and the rest of the world.
    As I recall, at the time we backed installing the Shah, Iran was a giant cluster-you-know-what of dissent and unrest from all sides of the political dial. The communists, backed by the USSR, were also actively working to topple the govt. and insert their own stooge. We beat them to the punch. Had we not, it is likely that the USSR would have had a very friendly govt. controlling oil and providing them access to much-craved warm water ports; quite likely changing the face of the Middle East and the Cold War. Realpolitik isn't very pretty; further evidenced by the fact that three of the four Shah kids landed quite cushily on Ivy League campuses after their father's fall from grace.

BTW, I don't know why Barrack needed to apologize to Iran. Madeline Albright already did that for him back during Clinton's presidency.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

The mistake wasn't Ikes, it was Carters. Shah Reza Palavi belonged on the throne of Iran. Peanuthead helped displace him and what did we get? Ayatollah Cockamamie(SP) who destabilized the whole region and sponsored terrorism.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Farmer View Post
    Did you know that Hussein actually took along people just so he could play "pick up basketball"? I posted earlier that he was taking 500 people on the trip...appears it was more than 700 making the total more than 500 over NORMAL presidential travel...talk about success boy was it ever!
    Now thats an impressive Possy !
    Bruce Lyster

Creek Robber's Digin Duthman QAA
    Wind Dancers Jake SH 10/19/92 - 12/26/01