The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Which Nation are we?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Just because people don't believe the written word doesn't mean they don't naturally apply the principles in their life.

Pete
    I agree Pete, many of these principles exsist in different religions too. I also beleive in man's inate ability to detemine right from wrong.

This has been a good discussion. I need to turn my puter off as we will soon have a severe thunderstorm/lightning/golfball size hail/possible tornados. I also need to pull my truck inside the garage.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Just thinking
    Should we then allow murder,and theft, After all they are written in the old testiment.
    where does this insanity stop

Pete
    Pete,

The point I was making is not to say there should be no laws, but that the laws of our government are those adopted by men. Neither of us can be prosecuted, for example, for idolatry or failing to honor our parents. While the Bible may contain commandments regarding both of these, those commandments are among the laws adopted in our country. Murder is illegal in most cases because it is against the law; in other cases the law may say that killing is justified. The fact that it's legal doesn't make it justified from a moral perspective, and the fact that it's illegal doesn't make it a sin.

Pete,

The point I was making is not to say there should be no laws, but that the laws of our government are those adopted by men. Neither of us can be prosecuted, for example, for idolatry or failing to honor our parents. While the Bible may contain commandments regarding both of these, those commandments are among the laws adopted in our country. Murder is illegal in most cases because it is against the law; in other cases the law may say that killing is justified. The fact that it's legal doesn't make it justified from a moral perspective, and the fact that it's illegal doesn't make it a sin. Today 06:48 PM
    I would definately agree that government and churches should stay very far apart and that anyone imposing their belief system on anyone is wrong.
    But politically I look at it the same way. I consider politics a type of religion,,,with men and women making rediculous laws in whichI must live and imposing their idiology on me..
    Isupport the right for liberals and conservatives to believe and live accordingly. what I do not support is them making their belief system my way of life.
    I know you don't support that either,,,but it happens time and time again.
    And we are bound by what our so called representives dictate according to law. Much of it is extremely immoral from a common persons point of view.

Happy Holiday Jeff

Pete

Zeus, my point was, as I stated, I like to have fun with my liberal friends...Fun...not a history lesson!

With Regards,
    Martin

Thanks, Martin. Sorry if I came across as a history lesson. Just responding to the origins of the terms left and right.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Incontrovertible truth;

There is a GOD, I am not him!!
    Stan b & Elvis

http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissue...s.asp?id=23909

This is a great article to refute the misguided teachings of the revisionists who have poisoned our National Heritage by secularizing our past in terms of our religiously...Christian based, foundations. Here is a quote from the last lines of the article:

President Obama’s declaration that Americans “do not consider ourselves a Christian nation” is a repudiation of the declarations of the national leaders before him and is an unabashed attempt at historical revisionism. Of such efforts, Chief Justice William Rehnquist wisely observed, “no amount of repetition of historical errors . . . can make the errors true.” <A href="http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissuesArticles.asp?id=23909#FN74">74
    Americans must now decide whether centuries of presidents, congresses, and courts are correct or whether President Obama is, but historical fact does not change merely because the President declares it.
    The best antidote to the type of revisionism embodied by President Obama’s statement is for citizens (1) to know the truth of America’s history and (2) share that truth with others.

Here is the case where the dissention of Rehnquist is cited...one should read the dissention fully!:

http://vftonline.org/TestOath/JaffreeR.htm
    Last edited by Keith Farmer; 06-16-2009 at 10:23 AM.
    In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth (Gen 1:1 NKJV)... 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. (John 1:1-4NKJV)

No evolution, no monkey ancestors, no big bang!