The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 77

Thread: Which Nation are we?

  1. #61
    Senior Member Keith Farmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    waycross, georgia united states
    Posts
    1,156

    Default

    To God be the Glory...Christ is risen!!


    Jeff,

    I figured you would back the courts throwing out the will of the people since that type action supports the twisted mind set of liberalism.

    I figured you would support International law since it fits with post modern theology (which, in its full embodiment, is what you are ascribing to as a religion...like Bob Dylan said: you gotta serve somebody...)

    I figured you would support Harold Koh since he epitomizes the face of post modernism and liberalism in the 21st century. I guess you see no problem at all with using sharia law in America as Koh has suggested will be ok?..(for those who don't know sharia is theocratic law based on extreme (if there is such a thing) Islamic rule).

    In terms of religion...I stated before that biblical Christianity is not a religion. There are groups that call themselves Christian that are as far away from biblical Christianity as is Islam or any other religion. If you want to bow out of the debate then that is fine...I just expected more.

    By the way, you never answered my question about the Declaration. Next time you look in the face of those whom you have educated with liberalism ask yourself this: Am I sure I am right about this stuff? Because if you are wrong Jeff they will be the recipients of your arrogance with respect to not being opened minded about the one aspect of life that really counts.
    In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth (Gen 1:1 NKJV)... 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. (John 1:1-4NKJV)

    No evolution, no monkey ancestors, no big bang!

  2. #62
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Farmer View Post
    To God be the Glory...Christ is risen!!


    Jeff,

    I figured you would back the courts throwing out the will of the people since that type action supports the twisted mind set of liberalism.
    How did you feel about the courts throwing out the "will of the people" in DC with respect to gun control. The role of the courts is to help ensure that laws are followed even by law makers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Farmer View Post
    I figured you would support International law since it fits with post modern theology (which, in its full embodiment, is what you are ascribing to as a religion...like Bob Dylan said: you gotta serve somebody...)
    I can't even pretend to understand what point you are making here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Farmer View Post
    I figured you would support Harold Koh since he epitomizes the face of post modernism and liberalism in the 21st century. I guess you see no problem at all with using sharia law in America as Koh has suggested will be ok?..(for those who don't know sharia is theocratic law based on extreme (if there is such a thing) Islamic rule).
    I strongly oppose the use of any religious law -- that is law based on religious documents as distinct from adopted laws and related court precedents -- regardless of whether those religious documents are Christian, Islamic, or from any other source including the direct voice of God. Let God take care of his own justice; let humans take care of ours.

    [quote=Keith Farmer;428961]
    In terms of religion...I stated before that biblical Christianity is not a religion. There are groups that call themselves Christian that are as far away from biblical Christianity as is Islam or any other religion. If you want to bow out of the debate then that is fine...I just expected more./quote]
    As Pete noted, you either accept the Gospels or you do not. I do not. I have found very few religious people who seem to believe that their own beliefs are based on anything other than a revealed truth. You have that in common with them even though your beliefs are very different.

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Farmer View Post
    By the way, you never answered my question about the Declaration. Next time you look in the face of those whom you have educated with liberalism ask yourself this: Am I sure I am right about this stuff? Because if you are wrong Jeff they will be the recipients of your arrogance with respect to not being opened minded about the one aspect of life that really counts.
    And if the Muslims are right and you are wrong, where does that leave you? The fact is that those who, like you, appear to believe that true believers/practicers will be saved while others will not, are assuming that most will find their way to eternal death or damnation. Personally, I'll stick with Mark Twain and choose Hell for the company. As for "the Creator" in the Declaration, I have no problem with that. Call the mystery anything you will. I find no logic leading me to ascribe creation to a deity, but it is no less miraculous for that.
    Last edited by YardleyLabs; 04-12-2009 at 08:40 AM.

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    bryant, Arkansas
    Posts
    140

    Default

    This Has been Great! Happy Resurection Day!

    Debate is a wondreful thing! Man where to begin? All of your posts have been educating, Im sure to non-believers and belivers. Many facts have been provided thaqt are helpful to both sides.

    My friends, Religon was created by men FOR men! We thought we could do all this stuff and get close to holiness, pure, clean our concious and the stuff. But That all falls pitifully short! God Created Jesus for us. He is tht image of an invisible God, Col. 1 I think.

    This day is of very great significance, Jesus conquered death, took the keys of hell form satan so we can have an assurance that if we Belive in HIm we will have everlasting life. John 3:16. Very simple. Believe in HIM. Rom. 10:9-10, If you confess Jesus as Lord and Believe in your heart God raised him form the dead you will be saved. With the tounge you confess and with the heart you believe." Simple.

    We can debate the existance of God all day long but the fact remains, There is a God , He is alive and in him we live. Just because we cannot prove Him does not mean that he is not there. Gravity....Debate that one. You cannot touch gravity, can't smel gravity, can on ly feel the effects of gravity! Go jump off a two story building and tell me if gravity does not exist! lol! The wind. Can you see it? Smell it? Touch it? NO. YOu can only see the effects, smell the effects, like when my neighbor cranks up the smoker..yeah baby, or feel it blowing across your face. But does it exist? Yes.

    Jesus said " I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the father but thru me" John 14:6 If this wer not so, He woul be a liar adn would nulify his sinless life, there fore making his sacrifice viod. With the greatest of respects.....No Other prophet, good person, preacher, or anyother man in history was or is a sinless person. Making Jesus The only one that could be our way to the father. Belive it or not. That is each person's choice...Period!

    I have learned to respect each persons choice, see Im just the messenger, they have to deal with Jesus. In fact I have to deal with my Jesus with my own crap. But what's cool is Everyone of us has our crap to deal wiht and it is all different.. But God in his Power and Wisdom gave us one man, Jesus, that can help us, each one of us deal with our crap. That is Sweet!!!!!!!!

    I used to be a youth minister and the c-string worship leader. Long story short, I lost my humbleness adn created havoc in my life. Perscription drug use and many more unspeakable behaviors. Lost my family for a short time and almost lost my business. I fell flat on my face and had to live in the sewage I created..BUT GOD is GREAT. He Restored what the devil meant for destruction. He SLOWLY restored and is restoring every day. I screwed up and with only His help would I be where I am today. That is what I'm talking about each one of has crap.. You crap could not be worse than mine or worse than mine. Heck your crap could not seem loike crap to you at all. You could be an upstanding person, never having done anything bad at all, infact living a sinless life.. but YOu still have to deal with the Man JESUS> Period.......

    He loves you. He gave his life for you. He rose from the dead for you. He created the world for you! Heck he is sitting right ther with you while you read this calling me crazy or agreeing with me. He is Omnipitent...SP? Omnipresent. How...I can only say that by faith! Sometimes He doesn't want us to have all the answers...lol..I remember my dad telling me, because i told you so. Why? Becaue I said so, only to find out later the reason! Wisdom from my father.

    Gentlemen and ladies,

    Jesus Loves you no matter where you are in your life...Period.
    Talk to him today and see what difference he will make in your life!

    Martin

  4. #64
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,062

    Default

    Let me rile the pot here a bit.

    Who says that liberalism or conservatism holds the keys to paradise? They are both a form of political "religion" whose viewpoints are often arrived at in a similar manner to that of religious beliefs. Like different religions they seem to develop differing views of the world. The adherents tend to look at the others as heretics and evil incarnate.

    But, who is justified in calling the others heretics? I don't see the sky opening and hearing a booming voice saying, "You Liberals shalt go to Purgatory" or "You Conservatives shalt go to Gehenna."
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  5. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2,779

    Default

    We can debate the existance of God all day long but the fact remains, There is a God , He is alive and in him we live. Just because we cannot prove Him does not mean that he is not there. Gravity....Debate that one. You cannot touch gravity, can't smel gravity, can on ly feel the effects of gravity! Go jump off a two story building and tell me if gravity does not exist! lol! The wind. Can you see it? Smell it? Touch it? NO. YOu can only see the effects, smell the effects, like when my neighbor cranks up the smoker..yeah baby, or feel it blowing across your face. But does it exist? Yes.
    Excelent post Martin.
    However in my bible God oftens asks his people to prove him.
    Romans 12:2,,,,,Malichi 3:10 ,,,IThes.5 :21 are a just few

    If we diligently abide by his word it will be proven. Also I cor 12 will explain the proof in a totally different area,
    Happy ressurection day.

    Pete

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2,779

    Default

    strongly oppose the use of any religious law -- that is law based on religious documents as distinct from adopted laws and related court precedents -- regardless of whether those religious documents are Christian, Islamic, or from any other source including the direct voice of God. Let God take care of his own justice; let humans take care of ours.
    Just thinking
    Should we then allow murder,and theft, After all they are written in the old testiment.
    where does this insanity stop

    Pete

  7. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    bryant, Arkansas
    Posts
    140

    Default

    very true Pete! I can only offer proof in my life and hope someone looking for hope and proff, can look at my story and see HOPE and proof that situations or circumstances can change if we are willing, and have a willing heart. Cuz I've screwed crap up.

    Going through all the recovery i went through, listening to the people who conqured addictions, gave me hope and the faith in Jesus that got me through. I hope someone who is struggling with their own nightmare can look around a find the hope and faith they need to get help to come out of the pit!

    We are the body and there are no unimportant parts!!!!!

    Fatih, Hope and love. But the greatest is LOVE!

    Zeus, nice...lol! My way is right, no my way is right...or left rather...lol!
    It all boils down to a point of view. For the point of view to be revelent or concrete, it has to be based on fact..truth...history and the such.
    Check this out....I have alot of fun with my liberal Christian friends with this one..Ecclesiastes 10:2...The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Wish I knew how to put a laughing smiley here.


    Make it a Great Day!
    Martin

  8. #68
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Let me rile the pot here a bit.

    Who says that liberalism or conservatism holds the keys to paradise? They are both a form of political "religion" whose viewpoints are often arrived at in a similar manner to that of religious beliefs. Like different religions they seem to develop differing views of the world. The adherents tend to look at the others as heretics and evil incarnate.

    But, who is justified in calling the others heretics? I don't see the sky opening and hearing a booming voice saying, "You Liberals shalt go to Purgatory" or "You Conservatives shalt go to Gehenna."
    I'll just say that in the true sense of the lable, "Conservative" has nothing to do with religion. Religion was added to the Conservative movement in the last 25 years and could be the very reason why the Republican Party is in such disarray. True Conservatism borders on Libitarian ideals, that government's roll is to protect The Constitution, its citizens and to provide the infastructure for commerce.

    I'll also clarify that I do beleive ina "Higher Power". I just don't beleive in man-made religions. I don't think any human has a grasp of what exsist beyond our mortality and certainly not ancient man.
    Last edited by Franco; 04-12-2009 at 11:49 AM.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

  9. #69
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,062

    Default

    Martin, I don't think that Ecclesiastes has much to do with the the political terms right and left. Rather it goes back to the French practice of seating the French National Assembly according to political philosophy.
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  10. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2,779

    Default

    I'll just say that in the true sense of the lable, "Conservative" has nothing to do with religion. Religion was added to the Conservative movement in the last 25 years and could be the very reason why the Republican Party is in such disarray. True Conservatism borders on Libitarian ideals, that government's roll is to protect The Constitution, its citizens and to provide the infastructure for commerce.

    I'll also clarify that I do beleive ina "Higher Power". I just don't beleive in man-made religions. I don't think any human has a grasp of what exsist beyond our mortality and certainly not ancient man.
    __________________
    Borders - Language - Culture
    Last edited
    Booty
    I don't want to scare you,,,but over the years I have read your posts and much of the way you post is biblically accurate.
    even if you never posted a verse.
    I could run a list of many things you said over the years and post a scripture or contexual reference to it.
    Just because people don't believe the written word doesn't mean they don't naturally apply the principles in their life.

    It rains on the just and unjust alike and the more biblical principle people use in their life the more they get the benefit,,weather they believe or not.
    But being a nice guy and operating biblical principles is not enough to get a person through the gate at the end.

    Believing romans 10;9 and 10 was as simple as God could make the process,,,,yet it is a requirement,and yet most people have trouble swaollowing it.

    That why those who believe are often refered to as a remenant. Just not many out their that truely believe.
    But those that do believe are no better than those that don't. Everyone of us is askew to some degree .

    Pete

Similar Threads

  1. Anybody watching Kid Nation?
    By Kristie Wilder in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-28-2007, 04:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •