Thread: Now Fearless Leader is backing amnesty for illegals bill

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Default Now Fearless Leader is backing amnesty for illegals bill

NO way, send em back and make em get in line and come here legally

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/firs...h-immigration/
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

If we're lucky, it'll be passed by Congress, middle America will revolt (how many jobs will have been lost by then?), then at least the House will be returned to the Republicans after the mid-term elections. Then, in just under four years, a Republican majority will be elected in the Senate and it won't matter WHO is President...

Or...it'll get shot down because the Democrats are afraid of the above scenario....

Win-win regards,

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Yep, immigration reform is a political third rail during this economy. That he's testing the waters on it indicates to me that he's either not politically savy (which I don't believe for a minute) or he's so arrogant that he believes his own press and thinks his silver tongue will allow him to jam ammnesty down an unwilling and hostile (on this issue, anyway) populace. I'm w/ KG. If he tries to push this there will be a lot of nervous Dems come the mid-term elections.

When President Reagan declared amnisty for over 10 million illegals, it created a flood of some 20 million more illegals. Another declaration of amnisty would create even more illegals. We should have learned something from Reagan's folly.

Neither party wants to touch the subjest, just notice how it wasn't an issue in the last election. As mush as the Republicans pandered to the Hispanics and illegals over the last 8 years, what good did it do them? Obomo got the large majority of Hispanic votes.

Maybe the Republicans have learned thier lesson and hopefully they will stop the pandering.

A voter backlash by non-blacks and non-Hispanics? I doubt it as most non-ethnics are too apathetic to care.

I am afraid that the only way we will get our country back, is to take it back.
    Last edited by Franco; 04-09-2009 at 12:02 PM.
    "Well, when I went off to college, the guys I used to hang with were pumping gas and voting Democrat. Today they're still pumping gas and voting Democrat. Guess the Democrats didn't do much for them." Charles Barkley

If you went through a hole in the fence, or came as human cargo you are going back.

Give me your tired, your poor,Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me: I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

The only way to get in this house is through the front door
    cave canem...beware of the dog
    Richard Halstead (halst001 at yahoo.com)

http://www.browndogmafia.com/finalists.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Booty View Post

Maybe the Republicans have learned thier lesson and hopefully they will stop the pandering.
    The Republican business community just loves illegal immigration. So does the US Chamber of Commerce. They are as patriotic as hell, until it comes down to hiring an American.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

In regards to the illegal immigration problem, the Democrats are just as treasonist as the Republicans.

I was merely addressing the falicy of amnisty.
    "Well, when I went off to college, the guys I used to hang with were pumping gas and voting Democrat. Today they're still pumping gas and voting Democrat. Guess the Democrats didn't do much for them." Charles Barkley

From the good Republicans at the Chamber:

"Throughout our history, the dreams and hard work of immigrants have been a driving force behind America's success as a strong, prosperous nation. We need the continued contributions of these immigrants to grow and remain competitive.

For the 111th Congress, the Chamber will:

* Continue to push for comprehensive immigration reform that: increases security; has an earned pathway to legalization for undocumented workers already contributing to our economy, provided that they are law-abiding and prepared to embrace the obligations and values of our society; creates a carefully monitored guest or essential worker program to fill the growing gaps in America's workforce recognizing that, in some cases, permanent immigrants will be needed to fill these gaps; and refrains from unduly burdening employers with worker verification systems that are underfunded or unworkable.
    * Urge Congress and the administration to address delays, backlogs, and disruptions in our immigration and border management systems that impede the movement of legitimate cargo and travelers across U.S. borders.
    * Ensure the continuity and expansion of H-1B, L-1, and EB visas for professionals and highly valued workers.
    * Lobby for reform to enable seasonal and small businesses to continue to use the H-2B temporary visa."

It appears those folks are for amnesty, too!
    Zeus

This whole immigration thing boils down to the Democrats buying votes. In the way they did with the welfare class, so too are they doing it with the hispanic issue. It very well could solidify their powerbase for decades.

Makes you want to move to New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by junfan68 View Post
    This whole immigration thing boils down to the Democrats buying votes. In the way they did with the welfare class, so too are they doing it with the hispanic issue. It very well could solidify their powerbase for decades.

Makes you want to move to New Zealand.
    The point is that both parties are caving on the issue. If this is true then, it is not quite fair dinkum to lay the blame solely on Obama.

But, let me ask you, how much of your tax dollars do you want to spend to round up 11,000,000 or so illegals? How much whining do you want to put up with from the civil rights advocates about breaking up families? How much do you want to spend in sealing the borders with more federal employees or the military? Is it worth it, when American manufacturing is taking American jobs elsewhere, anyway?
    Zeus