The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Now Fearless Leader is backing amnesty for illegals bill

But, let me ask you, how much of your tax dollars do you want to spend to round up 11,000,000 or so illegals?
    They way I look at it it is my tax dollars round up 11mm or so illegals that will eventually vote democrat after Comrade Obama gives them amnesty. Then my tax dollars will go toward funding their entitlement programs.

Money well spent.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

I agree, I would mcuh rather see my tax $$$ used to round em up and send em back than I would see it used to pay for their entitlements and hospitalization and such. We need an Iron Curtain on the border, but designed to keep people out not in as the USSR had it.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Let me pitch this out for the sake of discussion:

Isn't it a conservative mantra that government is too bloated and costs too much? Aren't you advocating bloating the government here?

Isn't it true that conservative business interests are importing illegals to bust unions?

Isn't it another conservative mantra that government can't do anything right? Do you expect them to guard the border more efficiently with more men and money? Maybe we ought to hire Blackwater to do the job.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Let me pitch this out for the sake of discussion:

Isn't it a conservative mantra that government is too bloated and costs too much? Aren't you advocating bloating the government here?

Isn't it true that conservative business interests are importing illegals to bust unions?

Isn't it another conservative mantra that government can't do anything right? Do you expect them to guard the border more efficiently with more men and money? Maybe we ought to hire Blackwater to do the job.
    Illegals cost tax payers billions of dollars a year. Just look at California, that state is broke because of the money they have to spend in medical care, education, housing, law enforcement and more. Money should be redirected in securing our boarders and deporting the those illegally here.

Bust unions? The hiring of illegals is against the law. The unions are busting themselves except for the UAW which our govenment is in the process of bailing out under the guise of saving GM and Chrysler.

And yes, I don't have any faith in our government to do much correctly. It is Keystone Congressmen, they made the mess and they will make the mess even bigger.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Sarge,

For sake of discussion try reading the constitution

It's the legislative branches job to establish the immigration laws and the executives job to enforce said laws. We have immigration laws on the books that congress is trying to subvert and the executive branch is failing to enforce.

The government needs to step up and do what is right by its legal citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    Sarge,

For sake of discussion try reading the constitution

It's the legislative branches job to establish the immigration laws and the executives job to enforce said laws. We have immigration laws on the books that congress is trying to subvert and the executive branch is failing to enforce.

The government needs to step up and do what is right by its legal citizens.
    I read the constitution many times. Congress legislates and if Congress so desires it can pass or repeal any act as it is inclined . It can also fail to appropriate sufficient funds to make the law work. You are also correct about the executive branch as well and there is immense pressure to not enforce the law. It's not just the present administration.

On top of it the nation has been hot and cold on immigration enforcement. There have been times when the nation has called for strict enforcement. Other times it has opted for cheap strawberries by importing stoop labor.

It maybe illegal to hire illegal immigrants but the network is unbelievably well organized. All kinds of documents are counterfeited. Immigrant owned siding and roofing companies don't care if their cousin has forged papers. There isn't enough ICE agents to mount an effective crackdown. The Feds have not given local law enforcement the ability to enforce. (Immigration is a Federal issue.)

The bottom line for so many Americans is that their concern for their fellow citizens ends at the opening of their hip pocket. If no one hired them they would not come.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

The blame goes all the way around but if I were found to be hiring illegals I would be arrested and charged. If the President does not do his part he should also be punished for not doing his job.

I think the majority of Americans would like the borders enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    ...Got Link?...

By and large, I agree with most of what you're saying, though. Both parties pay lip service to doing anything substantive about illegal immigration. Building a giant fence and trying to patrol/maintain it is a monument to futility and stupidity. All that will do is make some Mexican ladder manufacturers rich. If they really wanted to stop illegal immigration they could very simply and cheaply do it by:

1) Either going to a national ID or codifying state drivers license requirments/issuance to a non-forgable (or as near as possible) form of identification. As it is now, some states have LAUGHABLE requirements that are easily forged (and they know it, too).

2) Require that employers verify these IDs prior to hiring.

3) Go HARD after businesses that are caught with employees that don't have the proper ID.

Problem solved. No jobs = no pay = no reason to be here = mass exodus home.
    Last edited by Hew; 04-11-2009 at 03:41 PM.