The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL College Draft gdg

Default NFL College Draft gdg

April is here, regular season schedule comes out on Tuesday and the NFL Draft is just around the corner.

Only 5 more months till both College and Pros tee it off!

So, how about a little draft chatter?

With the #14th pick, I'm hoping we take either Malcom Jenkins CB, Ohio St or Brian Cushing OLB, USC. Though they both play in weak conferences, there are some good players in those conferences. Mel Kiper has us taking Beenie Wells RB, Ohio State. I think we will go for Defense.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

If Mel gets 3 picks right, I'll be impressed. I'm afraid that Jacksonville is in no-man's-land at 8. There are maybe 5 players that I think are worthy of top 10 money and they will most likely all be gone before we pick. I would love to see us trade down, but unless we are sitting on Sanchez, I don't see how we can.
    I would like to get one of those top tackles, but they'll be gone early. My boy Stafford will probably go first and Sanchez may go soon after. If Sanchez fell to 8th, I would love to have him, but would probably trade down for more picks and hopefully pick up either Moreno or Wells and a good DB early. I'd still have my eyes open for big guys and wait until late to pick wideouts. We've wasted so many first round picks on receivers, I'd be happy if we didn't pick one at all.
    It's going to be very interesting how things fall out this year. The real value starts late in the first round, in my opinion.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    If Mel gets 3 picks right, I'll be impressed. I'm afraid that Jacksonville is in no-man's-land at 8. There are maybe 5 players that I think are worthy of top 10 money and they will most likely all be gone before we pick. I would love to see us trade down, but unless we are sitting on Sanchez, I don't see how we can.
    I would like to get one of those top tackles, but they'll be gone early. My boy Stafford will probably go first and Sanchez may go soon after. If Sanchez fell to 8th, I would love to have him, but would probably trade down for more picks and hopefully pick up either Moreno or Wells and a good DB early. I'd still have my eyes open for big guys and wait until late to pick wideouts. We've wasted so many first round picks on receivers, I'd be happy if we didn't pick one at all.
    It's going to be very interesting how things fall out this year. The real value starts late in the first round, in my opinion.
    I think Coach Del Rio may go for a DE or LB in the 1st round. I don't think Sanchez is worth an early 1st round pick and if I had to guess where he will wind up, I'd say Denver or Tampa.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

My Cowboys traded their picks away in the Roy Williams trade, and we are stuck with Jessica Simpson playing QB...he actually plays more like Homer Simpson
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by bonbonjovi View Post
    My Cowboys traded their picks away in the Roy Williams trade, and we are stuck with Jessica Simpson playing QB...he actually plays more like Homer Simpson
    I agree, I don't think he will get you to the promised land. There is enough talent on the Cowboys squad to trade for the rights to the QB from Kansas State. I like his prospects in the Pros better than Sanchez's.

The Packers surely need some help. The defense was hurting last year. I don't think Arakpo (sp) will still be there but I can always hope. Their CB's are getting older and surely thought they were better than what they actually were. I really don't like Harris.

Personally, I think Stafford will be another JaMarcus Russell. Big arm, poor decsion making. He had a fair amount of int's when compared to the other top college QB's.

As far as hoping your team trades down, with the current rookie salary situation most everbody wants to move down but few want to move up. Maybe, with Denver's new situation and draft picks they will make a play for Sanchez. Anybody's guess if he will still be there waiting for them.

The draft sure is fun to talk about. Too bad it takes 4 years to figure out if you were right or not. Plus, by then you've forgotten most of what you were talking about.

Edbuck

Six picks in the first three rounds, one 1st, three 2nd and two 3rd round picks. Eleven picks over all. I'm sure the Pats will be doing some trading before the draft.
    An OLB to replace Varbral would be nice. Larry English would be a good pick.
    Brady should be back on the field. With Moss, Welker and Galloway as the wideouts who needs a running game.
    Remember Brady was pick 199 of the sixth round.

Broncos have some first round picks!!

Hope for our arrogant, lyin , new coach and OLD owners sake, there is a decent Q.B. available!!

WE HAD a GReat one!!

Sour grapes regards:

Gooser (Still p.O'd)
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

I'm looking forward to seeing what Pioli can do for the Chiefs this year. I was happy with his trading the second round pick to the Pats for Cassel and Vrable as it was a bargain. It does put them in a bad spot picking #3 with no real interest in one of the 2 quarterbacks and already having a good young LT.

NO ONE at one of our needed positions, which is nearly all over the field, looks good to me at the #3 spot considering the cost to talent ratio. Many like Curry, but drafting an OLB who doesn't rush the passer that $high$ just doesn't make any sense to me.

I'm hoping the donkeys panic and want to trade up to snag one of the quarterbacks after pissing off Cutler......allowing us to trade down a few spots while regaining a second round pick.

If absolutely no one wants to move up, I wouldn't mind seeing them draft Sanchez as I don't see any real talent coming out of the draft at the QB position the next 2 years allowing them to develop him behind Cassel and trading one away when the time comes. If they did draft him I'd bet they could easily get back at least a high second rounder for Cassel if they don't get more than a one year deal worked out with him. This would essentially make it appear the Pats just gave us Vrable.

Quote Originally Posted by brian breuer View Post
    ...Personally, I think Stafford will be another JaMarcus Russell. Big arm, poor decsion making. He had a fair amount of int's when compared to the other top college QB's...
    You are welcome to your opinion but Stafford scored extremely high on his football IQ tests & also got high marks on his verbal. In contrast Russell was near an all-time low (for QBs) in both categories. As for interceptions, Matt Ryan was suspect in that category but has proven to be a good risk as a 1st round pick. Point is achievement and evaluations have indicated Stafford is the real deal & I'm guessing he will be an early 1st QB pick and eventually successful in the NFL.
    David Didier, GA