The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The letter regarding for profits making money from out sport?

Default The letter regarding for profits making money from out sport?

Quote Originally Posted by [B
    tshuntin][/B]
    Are you serious? They sent out a letter like that? Who cares about addressing costs or anything else or if EE made $100 or $1 million. That is just flat out tacky and low class for a competitor to send out a letter discussing their competitions financials in any capacity, especially with details (positive or negative). I would love to see that letter...

One more reason my club and I will continue to use EE.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayne Mehringer View Post
    What's tacky is that the letter, which stresses how it is wrong for a for-profit company to profit from our sport, was written and distributed by a person who makes a living building dog boxes for our sport. LOL

The National clubs are getting in the porta-potty business next regards,

SM
    OK so if you weren't making catalogs then Kinko's is making profit off of it right?
    Last edited by achiro; 04-10-2009 at 10:36 AM.

Can someone post more specific on where this letter came from, who it went to, and/or where a response can be made?

The people in this sport are not stupid. They know what the real reason behind this kind of stuff is.

It was a very tactful letter written by the President of the Nat'l Am Club and sent to all Field Trial Secretaries that don't use thier service.

I'll also say that though they have dropped all the service fees, I still see no reason to drop a service that we are happy with. Selling on a position of "cheaper" is not something that appeals to me.

Again, I appriciate not only ee.net service because, I can be a big pain in the rump to do business with and I will never forget what they did for many after Katrina and Rita!
    Last edited by Franco; 04-10-2009 at 06:48 PM.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

Am not sure what letter you are talking about, but we got a letter asking us to go with RFTentry. It explained how we would be contributing our entry money to back into the sport since the national clubs own the entry system. So instead of EE making money, the money would be put back into the sport supposedly.

Anyhow, we like EE and are sticking with them.

Mary O.........
    www.alaskaworkingretriever.com
    Princess Darla of Nottingham MH ***
    Copper's Darlin' Rascal "Spanky" ***
    Spanky's Darlin Rascal "Wheezy"

Yellow dogs rule the world!

If EE were to go out of business tomorrow, I'd still have to think long and hard about doing business with RFTentry. They might be a good alternative now, but if they were the only entry service how would RFTentry act in the future based on what we know about their business ethics now? Obama must be one of their consultants since they certainly don't want anyone to make any profit from a job well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Booty View Post
    I'll also say that though they have dropped all the service fees, I still see no reason to drop a service that we are happy with. Selling on a position of "cheaper" is not something that appeals to me.
    They only dropped the online entry service fees. They charge the club for catalogs, postcards, etc...

Their catalogs are more expensive than ours and they do not offer discount ribbons or discounted poppers/equipment. So using RFTentry is MORE EXPENSIVE to the club than using EE.

They also charge $5 per entry to mail in an entry if the entry form is mailed by someone other than the actual owner of the dog. (which is completely contrary to the AKC rulebook)

The letter explains how they put money back into the sport by donating to canine health foundation and the bird dog hall of fame... we, on the other hand, choose to give our club customers a free case of poppers, established our giveback fund, provide discounted ribbons and equipment, and give every user Dogs Afield Dollars as our way of putting money back into the sport.

While they are publishing the VERY INCORRECT math on how much money EE makes, I wish they would also publish the math on how much they have contributed to the sport vs how much they have contributed to a for-profit, non-dog related, software vendor to build their first system, and a completely different company to build their second system. The only people making any real money in the entry business is the various software companies they keep hiring.

I suppose there is a fundamental difference of opinion between the two companies as to what is considered putting money back into the sport. We will continue to do so by contributing directly to the clubs.

The letter also has no mention of hunt tests or their significance to our sport.

Again, i think it is ironic that the author of the letter owns a for-profit company and makes money off our sport.... and his letter speaks directly against that very thing.

I'm off my soapbox regards,

SM

you can make money in this sport?? news to me.
    War Eagle!
    Gig 'em Aggies!

Greene's Stryker Brigade Commander "Stryke"
    HR Crbn Pnch's Makin U Surrender "Siege"

Quote Originally Posted by DEDEYE View Post
    Am not sure what letter you are talking about, but we got a letter asking us to go with RFTentry. It explained how we would be contributing our entry money to back into the sport since the national clubs own the entry system. So instead of EE making money, the money would be put back into the sport supposedly.

Anyhow, we like EE and are sticking with them.

Mary O.........
    www.alaskaworkingretriever.com
    Great logic. I think we should all get behind Obama and the Spendocrats for the same reason. We should also give more since "they" will give it back to all "Americans". Totally effiecient! Do you believe this?

I would also like to add that we truly appreciate the continued support we have received from the retriever community since 2003. It could not have happened without RTF, many friends and clubs who believed in the concept, and a ton of great feedback that we have incorporated over the years to continually improve our product and services. I don't care what any National officer says about rftentry being your entry service, EE is YOUR entry service and we will continue to bust our butts to prove it everyday.

We also welcome back with open arms the various clubs that tried RFTentry and have returned to EE for their entry service and catalog needs. Its good to have you back...

Happy Easter!

SM

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Funny thing, the RFTN entry folks don't list any hunt tests, yet one of the things they did 20 or so years back to stay afloat was to start showing hunt test results in the monthly publication.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!