The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Men of Valor...not

Default Men of Valor...not

The book of First Samuel tells the story of David gathering about him "the discontented, the rebels, the outlaws" to come together as soldiers in the Army of God. They had to be summoned, trained, and encouraged, and many were eventually able to become his mighty men--great men of valor. (men-of-valor.org)

Where are the great men of valor in God's army now? Well, here is a prime example of the need for back-boned men in the pulpits of America's churches as I noted in another thread.

Pastor Rick Warren who weekly (or perhaps weakly) leads one of the nations largest organized assemblies of people has kow-towed to some sort of pressure to renounce his previous biblically-based stance on gay marriage (and a stance that even Hussein Obama supported while he was at "pastor" Warren's assembly) on the Larry King show.

Here is Warren's transcript from the pulpit before the prop.8 vote ( in which the people voted against gay marriage) followed by his statements on King's show...this is why America's churches are in dire need of revival and reform!

"The election's coming just in a couple of weeks, and I hope you're praying about your vote. One of the propositions, of course, that I want to mention is Proposition 8, which is the proposition that had to be instituted because the courts threw out the will of the people. And a court of four guys actually voted to change a definition of marriage that has been going for 5,000 years.

"Now let me say this really clearly: we support Proposition 8 -- and if you believe what the Bible says about marriage, you need to support Proposition 8. I never support a candidate, but on moral issues I come out very clear.

"This is one thing, friends, that all politicians tend to agree on. Both Barack Obama and John McCain, I flat-out asked both of them: what is your definition of marriage? And they both said the same thing -- it is the traditional, historic, universal definition of marriage: one man and one woman, for life. And every culture for 5,000 years, and every religion for 5,000 years, has said the definition of marriage is between one man and a woman.

"Now here's an interesting thing. There are about two percent of Americans [who] are homosexual or gay/lesbian people. We should not let two percent of the population determine to change a definition of marriage that has been supported by every single culture and every single religion for 5,000 years.

"This is not even just a Christian issue -- it's a humanitarian and human issue that God created marriage for the purpose of family, love, and procreation.

"So I urge you to support Proposition 8, and pass that word on. I'm going to be sending out a note to pastors on what I believe about this. But everybody knows what I believe about it. They heard me at the Civil Forum when I asked both Obama and McCain on their views."
    On King's show:

"During the whole Proposition 8 thing, I never once went to a meeting, never once issued a statement, never -- never once even gave an endorsement in the two years Prop. 8 was going,"
    "The week before the -- the vote, somebody in my church said, 'Pastor Rick, what -- what do you think about this?' And I sent a note to my own members that said, I actually believe that marriage is -- really should be defined, that that definition should be -- say between a man and a woman."
    "There were a number of things that were put out. I wrote to all my gay friends -- the leaders that I knew -- and actually apologized to them. That never got out,"
    Emphasis mine.
    In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth (Gen 1:1 NKJV)... 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. (John 1:1-4NKJV)

No evolution, no monkey ancestors, no big bang!

Where are the great men of valor in God's army now? Well, here is a prime example of the need for back-boned men in the pulpits of America's churches as I noted in another thread.
    Keith
    Back then it was a phisical army,,, which is one of the reasons the jews had a hard time believing JC was their redeemer. They were looking for a king to kick some butt. Today its a spiritual army.
    Ephesions explains it pretty good.

Is that what you mean?

Also that reverin is a 1000 years off. Man as spoke of in the bible has been around for slightly over 6000 years.
    I find it a travesty that supposedly educated theologins can't get the simplest of facts correct.
    They may have a PASTURE label on the outside but are old beans on the inside.

malichi defines these men well.

Pete