The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tea Party

We had about 1,500 folks at ours, lots of great signs. I'd say it was mostly Republicans but there were many Democrates there as well. Everyone upset with the out-of-control spending. It went great for the first hour until a group of ministers from several denominations wanted to lead the rally in group prayer. When they started, most left. When are the Republicans going to, get it?
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

There were four here in the Lehigh Valley (PA). The local paper gave it space, and I heard coverage on radio of one of the "parties" in Philadelphia.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Then there's this...

http://briefingroom.thehill.com/2009...es-despicable/

Schakowsky: Tea parties 'despicable'
    @ 1:23 pm by Eric Zimmermann

Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.) blasted "tea party" protests yesterday, labeling the activities "despicable" and shameful."

"The ‘tea parties’ being held today by groups of right-wing activists, and fueled by FOX News Channel, are an effort to mislead the public about the Obama economic plan that cuts taxes for 95 percent of Americans and creates 3.5 million jobs," Schakowsky said in a statement.

-More_

A reader comment suggests that since her husband has been convicted for tax fraud and since she signed the forms, maybe she shouldn't talk.

Here's what Anderson Cooper had to say;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I64Ed5iLu4M

Pathetic.
    Stan b & Elvis

Those comments are nothing compared to the most pathetic individual on TV...Keith Olberdork. He outdid himself. Is he married to that CNN broad that claims to be a reporter? How obvious does it get before folks realize this country no longer has a news-reporting media...everyone has an agenda, with most in the tank for the Obama crowd.

I could care less if the left continues to listen and follow the MSP, just don't pass what they report as NEWS. They just can no longer seperate the "reporting of news" from their biased comments. And they wonder why their print media are going under.

Rapid City had over 1,000 at their TEA party. 1st one I've ever attended.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

I was pleasantly surprised by the turnout in our little state. There were about 2,000 that attended and it was very peaceful. About 20 speakers and the signs that people carried were great. I have never been to a ralley before and glad that i went.

As a few speakers said, it is not about one party or another, this is for the people who work hard and pay their taxes. We even said the pledge of allegiance in english!!

Paula

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Richard View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised by the turnout in our little state. There were about 2,000 that attended and it was very peaceful. About 20 speakers and the signs that people carried were great. I have never been to a ralley before and glad that i went.

As a few speakers said, it is not about one party or another, this is for the people who work hard and pay their taxes. We even said the pledge of allegiance in english!!

Paula
    Gadzooks........you sound like a potential "Right Wing Extremist!!"

Hand over my heart regards,
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.) blasted "tea party" protests yesterday, labeling the activities "despicable" and shameful."
    It figures that a Congresscritter from IL would be familiar with such activities.

just for gits & shiggles I sent her this e-mail through her website. I have no illusions that it will change anything but I don't mind

April 16, 2009

To Rep Jan Schakowsky,

I have just read your statement regarding yesterday's nationwide events and find them deeply troubling.
    Having hundreds of thousands of Americans from across the country gather to voice their views, for whatever reason, should be cause to rejoice as it is proof that our country, for all it's problems is still the best in the world.
    Did you issue a similar opinion when groups such as MoveOn.org organized protests against President Bush's tax cut policies which honestly benefited my family that only makes $50k a year or when people such as Cindy Sheehan demonstrated against our soldiers & the Iraq War? I highly doubt it!
    Yes, there were "shameful" and "despicable" activities yesterday. Chief among them were the refusals by elected officials such as yourself, selected to represent the views of all their constituents, to acknowledge the valid feelings of those voters. Whether you agree with them or not, your job, that you swore an oath to do, is to help uphold the rights of all the People, that are guaranteed by the Constitution.
    If you can not support "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.", then I submit that you should immediately tender you resignation, madam.

Sincerely
    Brian K. Welch
    Athol, Idaho
    United States of America
    Last edited by BrianW; 04-16-2009 at 04:05 PM.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Gadzooks........you sound like a potential "Right Wing Extremist!!"

Hand over my heart regards,

shhhh, don't tell anyone!!! We're grouped with all of those veteran terrorists!!

P

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    It figures that a Congresscritter from IL would be familiar with such activities.

just for gits & shiggles I sent her this e-mail through her website. I have no illusions that it will change anything but I don't mind

April 16, 2009

To Rep Jan Schakowsky,

I have just read your statement regarding yesterday's nationwide events and find them deeply troubling.
    Having hundreds of thousands of Americans from across the country gather to voice their views, for whatever reason, should be cause to rejoice as it is proof that our country, for all it's problems is still the best in the world.
    Did you issue a similar opinion when groups such as MoveOn.org organized protests against President Bush's tax cut policies which honestly benefited my family that only makes $50k a year or when people such as Cindy Sheehan demonstrated against our soldiers & the Iraq War? I highly doubt it!
    Yes, there were "shameful" and "despicable" activities yesterday. Chief among them were the refusals by elected officials such as yourself, selected to represent the views of all their constituents, to acknowledge the valid feelings of those voters. Whether you agree with them or not, your job, that you swore an oath to do, is to help uphold the rights of all the People, that are guaranteed by the Constitution.
    If you can not support "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.", then I submit that you should immediately tender you resignation, madam.

Sincerely
    Brian K. Welch
    Athol, Idaho
    United States of America
    It's pretty obvious that you are a right-wing extremist. I mean, heck, you even live in Idaho! There's probably a satellite moving into position over your house right now.
    Matt McKenzie

It takes as long as it takes. Sometimes longer.

"It is better to own a $50,000 dog and have an old truck and crummy equipment than to own $50,000 worth of new equipment and a crummy dog..." EdA