The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tea Party

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    It figures that a Congresscritter from IL would be familiar with such activities.

just for gits & shiggles I sent her this e-mail through her website. I have no illusions that it will change anything but I don't mind

April 16, 2009

To Rep Jan Schakowsky,

I have just read your statement regarding yesterday's nationwide events and find them deeply troubling.
    Having hundreds of thousands of Americans from across the country gather to voice their views, for whatever reason, should be cause to rejoice as it is proof that our country, for all it's problems is still the best in the world.
    Did you issue a similar opinion when groups such as MoveOn.org organized protests against President Bush's tax cut policies which honestly benefited my family that only makes $50k a year or when people such as Cindy Sheehan demonstrated against our soldiers & the Iraq War? I highly doubt it!
    Yes, there were "shameful" and "despicable" activities yesterday. Chief among them were the refusals by elected officials such as yourself, selected to represent the views of all their constituents, to acknowledge the valid feelings of those voters. Whether you agree with them or not, your job, that you swore an oath to do, is to help uphold the rights of all the People, that are guaranteed by the Constitution.
    If you can not support "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.", then I submit that you should immediately tender you resignation, madam.

Sincerely
    Brian K. Welch
    Athol, Idaho
    United States of America
    Great letter, Brian. Who do these people represent? Certainly not us. It is sad that they are laughing at all of us that are concerned, and we are the people that put them there.

p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMxKMr2wnhk

and people say CNN is does not have a liberal agenda

Yes...I attended the one here in Tulsa

Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    It's pretty obvious that you are a right-wing extremist. I mean, heck, you even live in Idaho! There's probably a satellite moving into position over your house right now.

I've been called a lot worse by a lot better people than those who would set to "divide this house against itself" .

If that's the label that some would put on me, so be it.
    The mantle that I must wear in order to celebrate my freedom, I'll accept it.

The people who fought and died to establish this great country were called "traitors" and "enemies of the Crown" and were subject to horrible torture and the forfeit of all their assets & property, before death.

A pitifully small price for me to pay for the privilege of being an American compared to theirs.
    And if there is a "sky spy" taking pix of my place, I hope they get a nice shot of my US & Gadsden flags with a clear view of the words, "DON'T TREAD ON ME"!
    Last edited by BrianW; 04-17-2009 at 10:44 AM.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Richard View Post
    Great letter, Brian. Who do these people represent? Certainly not us. It is sad that they are laughing at all of us that are concerned, and we are the people that put them there. p
    Thank you Paula!

Let them laugh, for while they do, they can't hear the "distant thunder" and prepare for the storm they are bringing upon themselves.
    Let them claim to be "unaware" so that they will take the next elections for granted.
    And finally, let them "hold their own event" to further demonstrate where the true American "arrogance" is, in order that people on ALL sides will finally say "Enough!"
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Jeanine Garafolo quoted in the Washington Times:

"Let's be very honest about what this is about. This is not about bashing Democrats. It's not about taxes. They have no idea what the Boston Tea party was about. They don't know their history at all. It's about hating a black man in the White House," she said on MSNBC's "The Countdown" with Keith Olbermann Thursday evening. "This is racism straight up and is nothing but a bunch of teabagging rednecks. There is no way around that."

So at least we have that going for us.... which is good.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    Jeanine Garafolo quoted in the Washington Times:

"Let's be very honest about what this is about. This is not about bashing Democrats. It's not about taxes. They have no idea what the Boston Tea party was about. They don't know their history at all. It's about hating a black man in the White House," she said on MSNBC's "The Countdown" with Keith Olbermann Thursday evening. "This is racism straight up and is nothing but a bunch of teabagging rednecks. There is no way around that."

So at least we have that going for us.... which is good.
    Uhhhhhhh....what about all the Black People that attended??
    Did she SEE the crowds??
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post

A pitifully small price for me to pay for the privilege of being an American compared to theirs.
    And if there is a "sky spy" taking pix of my place, I hope they get a nice shot of my US & Gadsden flags with a clear view of the words, "DON'T TREAD ON ME"!
    Uh oh, time to get the tin foil out to wear on our heads at night!!!

Wink

My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to 99
    cents a can. That's almost $7.00 in dog money."

-- Joe Weinstein

My wife and I ended up attending a TEA Party closer to home in Mansfield, OH. There were around 1000 people there. We had several politicians including the local congressman, Jim Jordan speak. The best speech was by one of the local judges.

The funniest part was this guy, I think they were male, who looked like he had just rushed out of bed wearing an Obama button. This guy though he was some kind of undercover agent. He was walking around with a small digital camcorder held just above his waist. Periodically he would stop and slowly turn in a full circle. Who knows if he was actually recordinging anything. I don't think anyone there was trying to hide their appearance. It was pretty sad and pathetic.

Still clinging to my God and my guns,

Tom

PS I guess by the sec of DHS standards I should expect a 24 hour FBI tail considering I have 4 different bumper stickers that qualify me as a rightwing radical. Anti-abortion, TEA's enough already, NRA and homeschooling.
    Tom Wall

Neil Cavuto had a guest on Thursday who said the Tea Parties were stupid and lame because it was like someone protesting Sears for increasing the cost of her lipstick...

In the Left's efforts to downplay the importance of these events, they completely lose sight of reality...

Unless this women spends 40-50% of her yearly income on lipstick, I think this was a terrible comparison and really showed how "lame and stupid" even the Best of the Left's spokespersons are at voicing their own "reasoned" point of view.

I've always wanted someone (smarter than me) to breakdown where and how money is spent in the US.

For example: Coming right out of our paychecks, we pay for Social Security, Fed and State income taxes, etc etc etc.

Then after we get our reduced paychecks, we put money into our personal retirement accounts, and we either pay taxes on the money going into the account, or we pay taxes on the money as we take it out when we retire (which seems unfair to pay income taxes on money we already paid income taxes on before we put it in/before we even got that money in the first place). Then if we buy a car, we pay sales tax (even if we buy it from a person rather than a dealership), if we go grocery shopping, buy shoes, paint, gas... everything we spend money on is TAXED!!

We get taxed before we get it, after we get it, and on what we save for ourselves, and then taxed on taking the money out that we saved for ourselves... That's a double, triple, or quadruple dip for the government.

Watch the movie "the Matrix" again, but perceive that instead of machines using us for batteries, it's the government using us for income. The government doesn't see us as anything more than a source of income (and power).
    Richard
    Legacy 6

Legacy's Lady Jade "Jade" (d. 23JUNE08)
    Legacy's Tallgrass of Natoma "Natti"