The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rightwing Extremism DHS Assessment

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy 6 View Post
    Well, I guess... If the shoe fits...
    Well apparently you have the same shoe size as Gov's Rick Perry - TX & Mark Sanford - SC.

Not bad company, imo.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

When i was in college, there was a leader in the anti-war movement who was always complaining about phone taps and being followed everywhere he went. Years later, FOIA requests for FBI records showed that he had been the target of a Hoover plan to discredit anti-war leaders by tapping their phones and following them so obviously that they would be dismissed as crackpots when they complained.

Today the right is getting some of the treatment previously reserved for the left: anti-war protesters and civil rights advocates. The shift in intelligence focus actually started in the 90's, not with Obama. However, the fact is that "internal security" efforts can be aimed in either direction. I am not comfortable with the Patriot Act or with having a department with a mandate for internal security for that reason. Once you start using the power of the state to weed out potential wrong doers, you are giving too much up to the government. Personally, I believe we are strong enough to value our freedom more and to fear less.

I'll be damned Jeff, that is the 2nd thing I have agreed with you on this week! Well said.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Booty View Post
    I'll be damned Jeff, that is the 2nd thing I have agreed with you on this week! Well said.
    I'm sure neither of us will overdo that.

A few years ago I did a piece that I titled "A Tribute to the Patriot Act". I apologize in advance for those who might be offended by it. However, it captured for me the feeling that you cannot build a fortress without creating a jail.

Copyright Jeff Goodwin 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Booty View Post
    Nothing more than the Democrats setting us up for a complete power grab!

Anyone read where Obomo was named, "Gun Salesman Of The Year" by the NRA?

Folks are stocking up on guns and ammo before he bans/severly limits thier ability to be purchased.
    The last time I purchased 5.56 ammo the source had sold 7.2 million rounds in 48 hours.

By the way, I'm not crazy. This leads the Drudge report today...

Sometimes I look at some of the stuff I see, and wonder if I'm taking crazy pills or something. I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees something out of place here.
    Richard
    Legacy 6

Legacy's Lady Jade "Jade" (d. 23JUNE08)
    Legacy's Tallgrass of Natoma "Natti"

My question is why DHS tagged "rightwing"? Why not just extremists? And who the heck cares if I buy extra ammo in case of shortages. I like to shoot alot. If I knew there was to be a shortage on milk I might just buy a few extra gallons to freeze and have later. Or batteries, emergency candles,ect ect. So I Prepare for and unseen or seen emergency I get labeled right wing extremist...nice! Oh...maybe pull some cash out of the bank to have just in case....

Point...IT'S NOBODY'S BUSINESS WHAT I DO TO TAKE CARE OF MY FAMILY. Whether anyone thinks I'm crazy or not! Leave me the heck alone...And GO Texas!

And another thing...Some people are so gun crazy...I mean the bad way...Ban all guns. What do these people think that protect our president, the head of DHS and so on...Fire power! Heck, My family means more to me than the president means to me and I will Protect them how I say fit..within the confins of the law of course.....

Again. GO TEXAS! The Republic of Texas. Cannot wait to see the turn out of the tea parties!

"Give me liberty or give me death!"

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    When i was in college, there was a leader in the anti-war movement who was always complaining about phone taps and being followed everywhere he went. Years later, FOIA requests for FBI records showed that he had been the target of a Hoover plan to discredit anti-war leaders by tapping their phones and following them so obviously that they would be dismissed as crackpots when they complained.

Today the right is getting some of the treatment previously reserved for the left: anti-war protesters and civil rights advocates. The shift in intelligence focus actually started in the 90's, not with Obama. However, the fact is that "internal security" efforts can be aimed in either direction. I am not comfortable with the Patriot Act or with having a department with a mandate for internal security for that reason. Once you start using the power of the state to weed out potential wrong doers, you are giving too much up to the government. Personally, I believe we are strong enough to value our freedom more and to fear less.
    UHHHHH.....if it was wrong then, wouldn't it be wrong now??

Or is it just whoever's OX is getting gored??

Right Winged Extremist Regards,
    Stan b & Elvis

An opposing opinion of this drivel!!

http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=93067

I especially like this;

"The militia report was never reviewed by me or by the Director of Public Safety, John Britt, at any point prior to its issuance. Had that report been reviewed by either my office or by leaders of the Department of Public Safety, it would never have been released to law enforcement agencies."

John Wayne Regards,
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    UHHHHH.....if it was wrong then, wouldn't it be wrong now??

Or is it just whoever's OX is getting gored??

Right Winged Extremist Regards,
    I thought it was pretty clear from my post that I thought it was wrong then and wrong now.