The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rightwing Extremism DHS Assessment

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I thought it was pretty clear from my post that I thought it was wrong then and wrong now.

I saw you wrote about your discomfort with the Patriot act, but to most leftys that is biased towards them.

Having said that, just to make sure you understand me, "I disagree with what you say, but would (and have) fight to the death for your right to say it!!"

Peace!!
    Stan b & Elvis

ANyone find it funny that while this is going on there is no mention of real terrorist groups like PETA??
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    ANyone find it funny that while this is going on there is no mention of real terrorist groups like PETA??
    Different OX!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Wow! After reading just a little bit of the DHS hit piece it's obvious that Dear Leader has found a true believer in his Lieutenant Janet Napolitano with her fascist report. I wonder how many pair of fashionable jackboots she owns. I bet she secretly has agents in the field right now collecting copies of Mark Levin's book, 'Liberty and Tyranny' so she can have them burned.

I guess Ms. Napolitano will be Dear Leader's point man to begin the process of separating the First and Second Amendments from our Constitution. We just can't trust the right wing with bibles and guns.

Maybe I'll go buy some ammo today, read the bible and listen to Rush! Maybe squeeze into my Marine Corps dress blues, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    My question is why DHS tagged "rightwing"? Why not just extremists?

Because this is part of a coordinated effort to finally do away with "traditional values", which includes strict interpretation of the Constitution, that are consistently identified with the the American political "right". Did you hear Sen. Schumers statement about "the hard right" and "traditional values kind of arguments and strong foreign policy, all those are over "... "but until the Republican grass roots pushes their people over, if that ever happens, we're not going to get change in the House & Senate". http://www.theminorityreportblog.com...olicy_are_over

it's a proven method of Alinsky "linking" that attempts to "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, polarize it."
    (Rule 11):and put them on the defensive on your terms as well as Rule 9: "The threat is more terrifying than the thing itself."

And who the heck cares if I buy extra ammo in case of shortages. I like to shoot alot. If I knew there was to be a shortage on milk I might just buy a few extra gallons to freeze and have later. Or batteries, emergency candles,ect ect. So I Prepare for and unseen or seen emergency I get labeled right wing extremist...nice! Oh...maybe pull some cash out of the bank to have just in case....Point...IT'S NOBODY'S BUSINESS WHAT I DO TO TAKE CARE OF MY FAMILY.
    You and your ammo are dangerous because you can resist "the change". When was the last time you heard of someone holding off the cops for hours with an arsenal full of milk? Besides having you stack up on groceries is good because those can be confiscated easily and re-distributed to those who "need" it more than you & yours, because after all, it wouldn't be "fair" for you to have all these supplies and your neighbor has nothing! . How many folks out there think FEMA is going to handout 5.56x55's along w/ MRE's in the event of civil unrest?

Whether anyone thinks I'm crazy or not! Leave me the heck alone...And GO Texas!
    Whether anyone thinks you're crazy or not?!? That's exactly the intent of getting this assessment out in public view, just after these recent shootings. So your neighbor, or sister-in-law that doesn't care much for your views, etc will call some LEA and inform them that "This guy Martin, you know I think he's getting ready to do something like that guy in Pittsburgh, can you check him out, please?"
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Wow! After reading just a little bit of the DHS hit piece it's obvious that Dear Leader has found a true believer in his Lieutenant Janet Napolitano with her fascist report. I wonder how many pair of fashionable jackboots she owns. I bet she secretly has agents in the field right now collecting copies of Mark Levin's book, 'Liberty and Tyranny' so she can have them burned.

I guess Ms. Napolitano will be Dear Leader's point man to begin the process of separating the First and Second Amendments from our Constitution. We just can't trust the right wing with bibles and guns.
    What??? You didn't hear the thunderous cheer when sweet Janet climbed aboard Dear Leader's jet to fly to DC? We 'Zonies' weren't applauding her success....we wanted all of you to understand our pain.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I'm sure neither of us will overdo that.

A few years ago I did a piece that I titled "A Tribute to the Patriot Act". I apologize in advance for those who might be offended by it. However, it captured for me the feeling that you cannot build a fortress without creating a jail.

Copyright Jeff Goodwin 2005
    The problem with the Patriot act is that it should be directed at non-citizens and/or all communications leaving or entering the USA. Neither of these should require a special law since non citizens should not have the same rights as citizens, and communications offshore should not have the same protection as those remaining domestic with only citizens involved.
    Terry Britton, P.E.

Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Britton View Post
    The problem with the Patriot act is that it should be directed at non-citizens and/or all communications leaving or entering the USA. Neither of these should require a special law since non citizens should not have the same rights as citizens, and communications offshore should not have the same protection as those remaining domestic with only citizens involved.
    Non-citizens do not receive many of the privileges and rights accorded citizens. However, they do retain rights of due process and habeas corpus under the constitution. They may be deported almost without restriction, but may not be imprisoned or convicted of a crime without being accorded the same protections available for citizens accused of the same crime.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I saw you wrote about your discomfort with the Patriot act, but to most leftys that is biased towards them.

Having said that, just to make sure you understand me, "I disagree with what you say, but would (and have) fight to the death for your right to say it!!"

Peace!!
    I am not sure exactly what you mean by that but I do find it ironic that the same people who are screaming loudest now about DHS policies (Malkin, Goldberg, Steyn ie) were during the last 8 years some of the loudest proponents of this expansive surveillance state we now live in. There were no outrages against anti-war demonstrators or others from the left when they were being targeted .
    I can't tell you how many times i heard "If you have nothing to hide then don't worry" . This misses the point. When the Patriot act was enacted the standards were lowered on who the government could put their focus on. Consequently whether we like or not this law is color blind and anyone could be affected by it foreign or domestic

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    DHS did a report similar to the rightwing extremism called Leftwing Extremism.