The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The only think slower than the US Postal Service

Default The only thing slower than the US Postal Service

The only thing slower than the United States Postal Service is Capital Hill letting the US NAVY know when they can rescue CPT Phillips.

Why did it take 5-6 days for our Administration to deem CPT Phillips in enough danger to finally take the "offensive?"

They reported it yesterday as if all the Navy was waiting for was some sign that CPT Phillip's life was in danger, like an AK-47 pointed directly at him??

When I was in Iraq, we had some pretty unreasonable Rules of Engagement. They really tied our hands at times when we needed to be able to use our training, combat experience and instincts, and instead at times, we waited for a radio or BFT message.

But this!? This take it to a whole new level!! Why did it take 5 days? Why did we need a Negotiator from the FBI there? The only Negotiator there should have been was a team of 7.62mm rounds.

When CPT Phillips tried swimming away, why wasn't there a team of SEALs there waiting to pick him up, or drag him underwater and stick a regulator in his mouth? ANYTHING!? He did his part, and we sat there in a big ship and sat on our hands...

WTF!? Over...
    Last edited by Legacy 6; 04-14-2009 at 07:09 AM. Reason: typo
    Richard
    Legacy 6

Legacy's Lady Jade "Jade" (d. 23JUNE08)
    Legacy's Tallgrass of Natoma "Natti"

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Comrade Osama likely didn't know whether to fish or cut bait.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy 6 View Post
    When CPT Phillips tried swimming away, why wasn't there a team of SEALs there waiting to pick him up, or drag him underwater and stick a regulator in his mouth? ANYTHING!? He did his part, and we sat there in a big ship and sat on our hands...

WTF!? Over...
    It goes directly to the lack of leadership in the Whitehouse. It took him 5 to 6 days to figure out that appropriate force may mean killing the bad guys.
    Terry Britton, P.E.

Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Idon't want to defend the president, but this out come of wating until the pirates guard was down.
    cave canem...beware of the dog
    Richard Halstead (halst001 at yahoo.com)

http://www.browndogmafia.com/finalists.html

It is always so damn easy when you're not there to second guess. They rescued the guy and that's what matters--and they killed three of them in the bargain. As for the last one--do they still have yardarms in the Navy?
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    It is always so damn easy when you're not there to second guess. They rescued the guy and that's what matters--and they killed three of them in the bargain. As for the last one--do they still have yardarms in the Navy?
    Agreed, President Obama is a HERO!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Agreed, President Obama is a HERO!!
    I'd like to point out that now they are arguing over they should try him in New York or DC, and whether they should prosecute him as an adult or a juvenile... Like he's got Rights here in the US...

Also, let's say he get convicted... they say he could face life in prison...

Okay, let me get this straight. He is a fricken Pirate. He takes an American Citizen hostage at gun point, he gets convicted, and he goes to prison for life...

AND WE HAVE TO PAY FOR IT!?

HERO!? I sure hope you're being sarcastic.

Also, you apparently didn't notice that Obama was VERY behind the scenes during the whole thing. We got more information from Secretary Clinton that PBO. Then as soon as CPT Phillips was rescued, Rahm started totting Obama as a Hero for strategizing the whole thing, and how involved he was, etc... ONLY AFTER.

God forbid he should take a stance before he can take credit for something good or bad that happens.
    Richard
    Legacy 6

Legacy's Lady Jade "Jade" (d. 23JUNE08)
    Legacy's Tallgrass of Natoma "Natti"

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy 6 View Post
    I'd like to point out that now they are arguing over they should try him in New York or DC, and whether they should prosecute him as an adult or a juvenile... Like he's got Rights here in the US...

Also, let's say he get convicted... they say he could face life in prison...

Okay, let me get this straight. He is a fricken Pirate. He takes an American Citizen hostage at gun point, he gets convicted, and he goes to prison for life...

AND WE HAVE TO PAY FOR IT!?

HERO!? I sure hope you're being sarcastic.
    Also, you apparently didn't notice that Obama was VERY behind the scenes during the whole thing. We got more information from Secretary Clinton that PBO. Then as soon as CPT Phillips was rescued, Rahm started totting Obama as a Hero for strategizing the whole thing, and how involved he was, etc... ONLY AFTER.

God forbid he should take a stance before he can take credit for something good or bad that happens.
    Sarcasm doesn't work well I guess.
    I am just amazed at what a big deal he thinks he is because HE defeated a couple pirates!!

Especially given his loathing for the military and all things USA!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Like the ending, reads like a headline: Captain safe; 3 Pirates dead.

If the Cap had successfully escaped the first time, the Navy wouldn't have killed the pirates without the hostage.

I'm sure the remaining pirate is wanted in some other country for previous offenses. Let's just turn him over to them.
    I reside on the left coast, but my ideals are right wing.
    LQP CN Double Hunter, SH (09/12/1996-12/22/2010)
    Waterstrike's Dynamic Amazon, MH (10/18/2000-09/08/2011)

I must have missed something. I do not watch much TV, but have seen and read nothing suggesting to me that the administration is trying to paint itself as the hero in this drama. They appear to have done no saber rattling in advance of acting -- a sharp contrast with the past -- and to have acted only when they could do so decisively without endangering the hostages. What exactly would you have wanted them to do differently? It seems to me the situation was handled competently with the focus on those who deserve it: the crew of the Alabama and the SEALs.