The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: True Biparticianship

Default True Biparticianship

Today, many Americans crossed party lines in sharing their outrage for our Career Politicians in Washington DC. The Tea Parties were not a Republican stunt to unite the base, it was an event for everyone wanting to voice their anger with the shambles our supposed leaders have left us with and are currently making bigger. The out-of-controll spending needs to stop now!
    It was great to see citizens of both parties together excersing their right to call their Federal Government out. I for one am looking forward to more! It also made me aware of how many citizens now classify themselves as Independents.
    Last edited by Franco; 04-15-2009 at 06:29 PM.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

Cheers To That!!!
    Richard
    Legacy 6

Legacy's Lady Jade "Jade" (d. 23JUNE08)
    Legacy's Tallgrass of Natoma "Natti"

Hope it lasts long enough to get their attention. I also saw some GOP politicians on tv coverage. Hope they can't turn this into their partisan political groundswell. I'm sick of every one of these royals wrenching money from those of us who work our a$$es off to spend on any ridiculous whim that hits 'em. No respect for the value of our hard earned money. No respect for us! Don't let these republicans fool you. They have tricked me out of my vote for many years. Target the political careers of every one of these thieves. That's the only change you can believe in.

I think we will witness a ground swell of Independents over the next two years. The GOP may be done for good.

Independents are about drastically cutting Federal spending, lowering taxes on businesses and shrinking the Federal Government. They will attract supporters from both parties as the movement in not tied into the Religious Right nor the Secular left. It is about ousting the irresponsible and bring accountability back to DC.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Booty View Post
    I think we will witness a ground swell of Independents over the next two years. The GOP may be done for good.

Independents are about drastically cutting Federal spending, lowering taxes on businesses and shrinking the Federal Government. They will attract supporters from both parties as the movement in not tied into the Religious Right nor the Secular left. It is about ousting the irresponsible and bring accountability back to DC.
    Well said, but I'm afraid we'll still only end up with two choices. The cycle needs to be broken, I just don't see how it will happen with the current system in place, it's self protecting for now.
    We have not to gain his confidence or his friendship; he is born our friend; while his eyes are still closed, already he believes in us, even before his birth....
    -Maurice Maeterlinck

Quote Originally Posted by Dukdawg View Post
    Well said, but I'm afraid we'll still only end up with two choices. The cycle needs to be broken, I just don't see how it will happen with the current system in place, it's self protecting for now.
    You are so right on...there is no infrastructure for a viable third party,so we can be libertarians and independants, but the candidates will still be republicans and democrats. neither side wants a third party because that would free up many deadlocks and their stranglehold on power...the only viable change could be accomplished in two words ...TERM LIMITS
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I think the swing will go more and more to the left. As big brother continues to take care of those on the brink of distaster that they created ,,and illegal people from around the world come in not only for free,,,but with hopes of nursing off the communal teat,,,more and more people will cave and loose their will to be self sufficient. Then those of us who refuse to bend and stand our ground will be left with only one option.

History will tend to repeat itself ,,and follow the same road all other great nations followed. There must be a mathmatical equation to it somewhere.,,, because it seems that 1+1 will always equal 2.

We have seen how great a nation can become,,,,,,, where person freedom and liberties exist.
    And we have seen through history how it can all crumble

Pete

I am all for term limits but I don't see it happening. Not with the Democrats trying to solidify their power through reGerrymandering districts after the 2010 Census and encourging illegal immigration to grow thier base.

The Republicans are leaderless. Newt Gingrich is a smart man but has no charisma and tied to the Religious Right. One can't win if they are not good on camera. Just a reality of today's candidates and what it takes to win. Sarah Palin's only appeal is with the Religious Right and that is too small a base to become elected President.

I think we will see a Third Party Independent rise similar to Ross Perot of the past. Someone that speaks for most Americans who are tired of the ninconpoops we have in DC.

Fwiw, I think (hope) the Demoplicans & Republicrats have shot themselves in the foot by becoming Progressive & Progressive Lite. (As others have put it). At this point in time, someone like a Rick Perry or Mark Sanford could become a serious player quickly, IF they can tap into the groundswell & overcome "the machines".

As one of the speakers at our TDTP put it yesterday, "Even if they pretend not to, they ARE hearing us in DC today. It's like the distant thunder from a gathering storm." Even if you weren't at a Tea Party, you CAN put pressure on your elected officials. Don't threaten them, bur rather promise them, and then KEEP THAT PROMISE. Promise that you will be keeping an eye on them and that you WILL hold them responsible for their actions and inaction!

Make it part of your daily routine;
    Get up
    Coffe/shower
    PRESSURE ELECTED OFFICIALS
    Go to work ...

The force of one finger may not do much but the force of a million fingers focused on a single point could be awesome to behold.
    The force of a tornado can drive straw into a wooden post!
    Last edited by BrianW; 04-16-2009 at 09:59 AM.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post

It's like the distant thunder from a gathering storm."
    Damn, I like that and will have to plagerize that in the future!

If a new gathering storm is to wash away the idiots we have in DC, it has to be focused on two issues. The Economy and Foreign Policy, period. Most all other issues need to be tabled.

The message has to be simple, consistent and focused.