The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heard it with my own ears

Default Heard it with my own ears

Hillary told the midea today that the only way to stop the samolian pirates is to rebuild somallia. Then they would have no reason to hijack ships.

We are -u--ed. Bend over and open wide.

How about killing the pirates. Sounds a whole lot cheaper and easier

Pete

make em all us citizens and bring em over here...

then they can do the work Americans don't want to do, suck of our social programs and give the liberals more reasons to spend money.
    Darrin Greene

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Let the UN rebuild that sewer. It has already cost too many American military lives and too much treasure.

The way to stop the piracy is to turn all the pirates into SHARK S*IT.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

God save the queen...

Faaaaak!!!
    Richard
    Legacy 6

Legacy's Lady Jade "Jade" (d. 23JUNE08)
    Legacy's Tallgrass of Natoma "Natti"

Now I have not seen this myself, but did she say WE NEED to or just that it needs to be done? I know in the end it means US, but this is a case where I have to agree with the wicked which in PART. We can put as many ships and military out there as we want and we can kill them by the thousands, but these are desperate people with NOTHING to lose. If these guys stop being pirates what do they do for a living, and in this case living means a whole lot more than earning a salary. There are no jobs, no law, no government to attempt to create law or a stable economy… Do not read this to say that I support US rebuilding Somalia because I do not, but the way I see it there are two choices; wipe the entire country out or rebuild it. My option would be to wipe it out and start fresh, but there are of course innocent people in the country that are not criminals or pirates so that is not truly an option. I have to say she is right in that until Somalia has a viable economy and government all the military action in the world is not going to stop the pirates. Job for the useless UN maybe??
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

If the UN gets involved, guess who will foot the bill????
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post

Agreed, but what other option can you come up with?
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Agreed, but what other option can you come up with?

I agree with both of you. If we do go BACK in, we need to do it with enough force and commitment to be decisive. and not bail out or loose heart because of world opinion, and for god sakes back up the troops.

Our history in this department stinks. Also with our current politicians, I'll be surprised if they would stick their necks out. I watched thru the entire hostage affair, the "white house" said very little, until it turned into a success...then the news channels couldn't say enough about how Obama was monitoring the status, and gave the orders.....Had it been a failure, Obama would have been hands off, and they would be holding hearings on capitol hill today trying to find a scapegoat!!!!!
    We have not to gain his confidence or his friendship; he is born our friend; while his eyes are still closed, already he believes in us, even before his birth....
    -Maurice Maeterlinck

Let the African states deal with Somalia just like the OAS used to try and deal with problems in central and south America. We have NOTHING in Somalia and no strategic interests there. If we keep shooting brigands and stop the piracy that way it will be cheaper in the long run both in terms of treasure and lives.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Hillary told the midea today that the only way to stop the samolian pirates is to rebuild somallia. Then they would have no reason to hijack ships.
    Absolutely.

And Ms Clinton can start the process by donating her salary as SoS as well as all proceeds from her term as Senator. Then her husband & the foundation can make rebuilding Somalia their top priority instead of "his legacy".
    Maybe while they're at it, Chelsea Clinton can go over there, minus SS protections, and do something meaningful like lead a telethon straight from Mogadishu. George Soros thinks he's a player on the world's stage, let him & Sean Penn do a song & dance routine, etc. Maybe they can even get Michael Jackson to write a new song and dress up as a pirate!!

Let's how progressive they are when taxpayers funds are not involved!
    Last edited by BrianW; 04-16-2009 at 05:06 PM.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791