The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Republic Of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Lush Lumbago View Post

You lost an election. Too God damned bad! Ever since, you have been catawalering like some three year old. Grow up, Booty. Put on your big boy pants and suffer through it. The rest of had to do it when that last scourge from Texas was POTUS.
    When your man Clinton won, I accepted it. Didn't like it but resided to the fact that he was President. This is different. Oboma's mission is to redo the USA as he sees fit, irregardless of law. He thinks because he won he can do whatever he wants to. His administration will end our prosperity and liberty! He is a one-worlder and the USA's well-being is obviously not his priority. He will tell the folks one thing, deny it and do something different. Not sure who is pulling his strings; Soros, Wright, Pelosi Farakan, maybe just Soros. As a nation, we knew we could survive Clinton, we may not be able to survive Oboma!
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

There's a reason the San Jacinto Monument is taller than the Washington Monument and the Texas Flag can fly at the same height as the US Flag.
    GY

The word "Politics," is derived from "Poly," meaning Many and from "Ticks," meaning Blood Sucking Parasites-Kinky Freidman.

Quote Originally Posted by greg ye View Post
    There's a reason the San Jacinto Monument is taller than the Washington Monument and the Texas Flag can fly at the same height as the US Flag.
    Let me guess Greg--Is it because they have a penile fixation?
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Banned

Well....if Texas seceeded from the Union, then that would be about 1500 miles of border the US wouldn't have to fence or patrol

And then, GW could head up the Texas Air Force and fly missions to protect Texas from Oklahoma

And Mexico could declare war on Texas, and we could just sit back and let the best man win. That's a win/win in my opinion

And best of all...all the 'Tea Baggers' could move to Texas and have a street party where they would be welcome and suddenly irrelevant. Oops! Or, would they? Would Texicans have to pay some sort of tax...ya know...to pay for the Border Patrol and the Texas Air Force?

All in good fun. You guys are kidding....aren't you ???

Thumbs up

You lost at the Alamo!
    You had to have the Feds "bail" you out then.
    You lost the Civil War.
    My suggestion is "GO" but we keep all the property you have over run in Colorado. Questions: Do you want slaves again; never mind I know the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Snicklefritz View Post

And then, GW could head up the Texas Air Force and fly missions to protect Texas from Oklahoma
    If Texas does secede then they will need an air force. But since its citizens complain like ruptured camels at the mere mention of taxes, the new Republic of Texas won't be able to afford much in the way of aircraft. Finland has stepped in and offered one of its fighter bombers as a foundation for the new RTAF. Contact Jukka Oikarainen, Assistant Minister of Air Defense, Helsinki International Airport
    Attached Images Attached Images
    L. T.

Interesting. At least on this issue the conservatives here are consistent. In the past, when a person said that they would leave the USA because they were fearful of the policies of a President's administration some of the conservatives here have typed things like:
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy 6 View Post
    To any Hollywierd Lib who wants to leave I say:

Need help packing??
    and
    Quote Originally Posted by dixiedog View Post
    Didn't Alec Baldwin & various other Hollywood types say the same thing about Bush in 2000 & 2004??? Guess he figured America was pretty good to him after all.

Wouldn't it be nice if some of these movie stars actually followed up on some of these promises??
    and
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    To any Hollywierd liberal who wants to leave I say:
    A.M.F.
    That last one is particulary interesting.

Too bad though, just like these elite hollywood liberals, Texas (another state that gets more back in Federal taxes than they pay in) probably won't leave the USA either. We could really use a couple big military bases up here and any large state pulling out would sure reduce the long term social security and medicare/medicaid burden for the rest of the country. I hope Governor Perry has more guts than the liberal hollywood elite and not only talks the talk, but walks the walk.

Fortunately or unfortunately, the vast majority of Texans disagree with their governor on this. http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...75_opt_to_stay
    Last edited by Henry V; 04-19-2009 at 11:13 PM. Reason: had to copy for Hew

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Too bad though, just like these elite hollywood liberals, Texas (another state that gets more back in Federal taxes than they pay in) probably won't leave the USA either.
    I figured that after I demonstrated how fatuous that argument/statistic is (particularly re: a state that borders Mexico, has numerous military installations, NASA, etc.) you would have given it a rest....but like a 6 year old who refuses to part with his comforting pacifier you trot it out yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by sinner View Post
    You lost at the Alamo!
    You had to have the Feds "bail" you out then.
    You lost the Civil War.
    My suggestion is "GO" but we keep all the property you have over run in Colorado. Questions: Do you want slaves again; never mind I know the answer.
    Texas lost the Civil War?
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

Quote Originally Posted by Lush Lumbago View Post
    Your answer to your alledged assault is the courts. If you feel your "rights" are being violated --SUE to stop the music. See if Roberts, Scalia, Thomas and Co. at SCOTUS will hang with you. But, you won't because you have no case.

Don't preach about American ideals when you promote secession, because you say at the same time you don't want to be American.

You lost an election. Too God damned bad! Ever since, you have been catawalering like some three year old. Grow up, Booty. Put on your big boy pants and suffer through it. The rest of had to do it when that last scourge from Texas was POTUS.
    So more government intrusion, higher taxes, an apologetic approach to foreign policy and weaker defense are good things?
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.