The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Republic Of Texas

With social security our government has been stealing money from us for years and years. It's not a government bond fund but it most certainly is a government ponzi scheme. Open up the social security lock box and you will find absolutely nothing in it for you. Zero, zilch, nada. Your contribution has already been spent. You get a big, fat IOU.

And Dear Leader is as gutless as past political leaders in this country when dealing with this monstrous problem. He'll punt if he can.

Another great reason for Texas to secede.

Name calling does not bring anything to the discussion. Whats really sad the same people that are using "tea Bagging" to to demean protester's are the same folks that would call for someone to be fired or imprisoned for using faggot or nappy headed. The so called party of tolerance continues to show it true colors.

Maybe if the term is so funny that those that use it would not mind the modern tea bagging act pics shown to wives and kids..

OOOOOOOOOOOOh now it inappropriate........... I get it.
    Last edited by Steve Amrein; 04-20-2009 at 07:39 PM.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Please note, this is a response to an off topic post directed at me. I apologize in advance. If you are interested in "the republic of Texas" it will not be mentioned.
    As you had broached the subject in a previous post I felt an obligation to correct your lack of knowledge.

I believe that the stock market related events of the past six months reinforce the need for the social security program. It was never intended as a primary retirement income source and should never be viewed as such. It should not be raided. In my simple world, I view it as investing a part of my retirement portfolio in federal government bond funds and got over it long ago.
    GW's proposal did not eliminate the SS program, but would have allowed a portion of their input to be directed to a self directed account.If one views the Stock Market in a somewhat larger perspective, one finds that it is the superior return mechanism.

As for getting over it, those of us posting recognize you are a superior being, at least to the majority of us who post here. Personally, I enjoy the exchanges where you wallow in your presumed superiority.

Ok, but you may want to double check whether public employees get a plush retirement compared to the private sector these days. I work regularly with state, federal, and local government employees. Aside from old timers in the federal system, they seem to get get a pretty average retirement package. The feds do get an great match on their 401K and can buy health care in the system after retirement. Not sure about elected officials retirement packages. Based on what I have read, it is medicare that is the giant problem looming in the future.
    I'll just deal with the 3 highlighted items -

Work as defined by Webster - 1) exertion or effort directed to produce something. 2) productive or operative activity. So did you & the employees produce something?

How would one define pretty average - what's not much to one is a bundle to another - Numbers would have gone a long way toward making your point. As my granddaughter asked her dad, If teachers are so poor, why are they all going to Hawaii for Spring Break? It's very relative, but numbers are much better to make that determination.

Medicare is only in the shape it's in because of mismanagement by the political class. Once the government establishes a program seniors have to enroll in order to obtain the little protection & oversight available. It's called covering your bases.

The prescription drug program was done without my support & I did write my congress critters. But AARP was behind it & it was a done deal. Did you know the AARP hierarchy consists mainly of public employees?

Now we can get back to talking about Texans - my 1st employment when I got the BS degree was at a mine with a bunch of UTEP'ers also in somewhat my same predicament. They were fun people, though on occasion would take themselves a little seriously. As I used to tell them - 20 pounds of cow crap crammed into a 5 pound container. You might ask yourself if you fit in there somewhere?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Hi Marvin, just a few quick responses since it's late. I am still in the office "not producing anything".
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    As you had broached the subject in a previous post I felt an obligation to correct your lack of knowledge.
    I made the disclaimer comment because on more than one occasion recently there have been accusations that "liberals" just post off-topic to divert the discussions. Just wanted to be clear. I also note that my first post was generally on topic.

GW's proposal did not eliminate the SS program, but would have allowed a portion of their input to be directed to a self directed account.If one views the Stock Market in a somewhat larger perspective, one finds that it is the superior return mechanism.
    You might be surprised, but I think it would be OK to allow a small portion of SS to be directed to another account, as long as the existing beneficiaries could be covered during a transition but if it gets left more or less alone that's Ok too. It depends on the level of risk you are comfortable with.

As for getting over it, those of us posting recognize you are a superior being, at least to the majority of us who post here. Personally, I enjoy the exchanges where you wallow in your presumed superiority.
    Not sure of what I posted that makes you think I think I am superior. Are you trying to play the "all liberals think they are superior to us card" here? Sorry, it does not fit me. Far from it if you knew me.

How would one define pretty average - what's not much to one is a bundle to another - Numbers would have gone a long way toward making your point. As my granddaughter asked her dad, If teachers are so poor, why are they all going to Hawaii for Spring Break? It's very relative, but numbers are much better to make that determination.
    Yes. I agree. I tried to respond to your original point by presenting a perspective based on recent direct discussions with public employees. You did not present any numbers or provide any evidence to make your original point on this issue, did you? Why is the burden of proof only on me?

The prescription drug program was done without my support & I did write my congress critters. But AARP was behind it & it was a done deal. Did you know the AARP hierarchy consists mainly of public employees?
    Agreed on first points. Don't know about the last one.

Now we can get back to talking about Texans - my 1st employment when I got the BS degree was at a mine with a bunch of UTEP'ers also in somewhat my same predicament. They were fun people, though on occasion would take themselves a little seriously. As I used to tell them - 20 pounds of cow crap crammed into a 5 pound container. You might ask yourself if you fit in there somewhere?
    Texas seems to be a great state with many great people. I never said anything different. Yes, Marvin, sometimes I get too serious, but for the record, please note that my original post was far from being in this category.

Today marks the anniversary of the glorious Battle of San Jacinto where Texas kicked Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna's butt and won its independence from Mexico.

What a great day for Texas to secede! Remember the Alamo!

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Today marks the anniversary of the glorious Battle of San Jacinto where Texas kicked Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna's butt and won its independence from Mexico.

What a great day for Texas to secede! Remember the Alamo!
    Ga bye! Hip Hip Hooray! No more W's or LBJ's!
    Sarge

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Sarge

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

I like this quote from Mr. Pitts jr. ;

"That it is borderline traitorous for Perry to obliquely threaten it might be tried again goes without saying. That it is dangerously irresponsible in a nation where there are, in fact, goobers in the woods with guns, is likewise obvious."

Any questions on this guys crdibiliy.....you "GOOBERS!!"

In the woods regards,
    Stan b & Elvis