Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Republic Of Texas

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by saltmarsh View Post
    Texas lost the Civil War?
    Must be a product of Texas education.
    L. T.

Quote Originally Posted by Lush Lumbago View Post
    You lost an election. Too God damned bad! Ever since, you have been catawalering like some three year old. Grow up, Booty. Put on your big boy pants and suffer through it. The rest of had to do it when that last scourge from Texas was POTUS.

You mean "suffer through it" like all the good Michiganders have suffered through one of the worst Governors in the History of our Nation? Who just happens to be a Democrat with almost the exact same policies Obama is pushing nationwide. We need look no further than your State (where I grew up) to see what these policies will bring. I would have thought the Democrats in Michigan would have at least figured that out. Some never learn apparently.

Skywatcher Salem Orchard Hard "Cider"

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    I figured that after I demonstrated how fatuous that argument/statistic is (particularly re: a state that borders Mexico, has numerous military installations, NASA, etc.) you would have given it a rest....but like a 6 year old who refuses to part with his comforting pacifier you trot it out yet again.
    Hew, your response illustrates the deep difference in perspective between us. The fact remains that many states that claim to be dominated by "fiscal conservatives" get more money from the federal government than they pay in. It is a wash for Texas over the long term.

You can discount federal spending for military bases, etc. all you want or consider it irrelevant but the fact remains that the economies of these states are more dependent upon the federal government than states who pay out more in federal taxes than they get in return. This is simple macroeconomics.

Look at a where most of the tea bagger rallies were held. Mostly in states that get more federal money back than they pay in. I think that is pretty ironic and will continue to reiterate this point every time it is relevant.

Thanks for the little diversion off topic again. This was about Texas seceding, as was my post. I am glad you further pointed out what the state would lose if it was not part of this great nation.

Seems like you took the bait from a six year old again. Perhaps you, as proclaimed by many of the other grown up conservatives here, should expand the list of folks that you "ignore". Apparently that is a sign of being grown up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    Do you know what the bold text is? If not google it then you can apologize to the people you're trying to insult. I think that fits under the personal attack thing we're trying to get away from.
    He knows what it means.
    That's what the marching orders are.

Olberman and his ilk are very proud of thier 3rd grade humor.
    It's who they are, it's what they do.
    They love to snicker at what they can pull.
    Last edited by road kill; 04-19-2009 at 04:05 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

From the Urban Dictionary:

"teabagger

One who opposes government policy which punishes its productive citizens under the cloak of "fairness" by seizing a disproportionate part of their assets for distribution to the irresponsible and unproductive members of its society. Shawn Hannity, Neil Cavuto, hundreds of thousands of other hardworking Americans (teabaggers) who believe hard work and responsible behavior should be rewarded, not punished by a government to reward the irresponsible and lazy in an effort to maintain its power over the same. "

If you have a problem with some of the other uses of the term you should probably take it up with FOX which has learned to milk a business out of out of the faned populist outrage of millionaires.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    You mean "suffer through it" like all the good Michiganders have suffered through one of the worst Governors in the History of our Nation? Who just happens to be a Democrat with almost the exact same policies Obama is pushing nationwide. We need look no further than your State (where I grew up) to see what these policies will bring. I would have thought the Democrats in Michigan would have at least figured that out. Some never learn apparently.
    This should read: You mean "suffer through it" like all the good Michiganders have suffered through several of the worst Governors in the History of our Nation? John Engler was no prize either. Sure he cut taxes but left the infrastructure go to hell. Drove out industry any way. Last good governor was Milliken--a Republican. I think Jennie is doing her best but she is in over her head.
    L. T.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    From the Urban Dictionary:

"teabagger

One who opposes government policy which punishes its productive citizens under the cloak of "fairness" by seizing a disproportionate part of their assets for distribution to the irresponsible and unproductive members of its society. Shawn Hannity, Neil Cavuto, hundreds of thousands of other hardworking Americans (teabaggers) who believe hard work and responsible behavior should be rewarded, not punished by a government to reward the irresponsible and lazy in an effort to maintain its power over the same. "

If you have a problem with some of the other uses of the term you should probably take it up with FOX which has learned to milk a business out of out of the faned populist outrage of millionaires.
    I would love you to look me in the eye and tell me that's what Keith Olberman meant.
    (without cracking a smile)
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I would love you to look me in the eye and tell me that's what Keith Olberman meant.
    (without cracking a smile)
    No, I suspect he was thinking more along the lines of this much more popular definition from the same source:

"teabagger

A whining fool shouting loudly for liberty but not willing to pay the bill. "

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    No, I suspect he was thinking more along the lines of this much more popular definition from the same source:

"teabagger

A whining fool shouting loudly for liberty but not willing to pay the bill. "

Not willing to foot the bill?? Quite a lot of Veterans at those rallies, have you layed your life on the line for your country? The major organizers of our local protest were all veterans as was at least 1/2 the crowd of 500 or so.

You can have your fun calling us all teabaggers with your snickering humor but we all know the liberals are just Obama's Teabaggees.

Skywatcher Salem Orchard Hard "Cider"

To evidence the sheltered nature of my own life, I was completely unaware of the sexual meaning of teabagging until I Googled it. I guess that must be a Republican pastime. However, it does seem to me that anyone wearing tea bags on their hats or mailing tea bags to others is inviting the use of that term to describe their activities. To pretend to be outraged when the term is used is to add a whole new dimension to notions of being "PC". Of course, if someone were truly outraged, and not just making a pretense for the sake of argument, dementia might be a more appropriate descripton.