The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rightwing Extremism DHS Assessment

Default Rightwing Extremism DHS Assessment

I was listening to Roger Hedgecock tonight on my drive home from the extended familys' places and heard him break the news that the Deptartment of Homeland Security has issued an assessment saying that right-wingers might be getting more extreme and LEO/LEA (Law Enforcment Officers/Agencies) should be on the look-out for [conservatives] those with opposing views from the current administration.

Highlights:

1. * (U) Rightwing extremism in the United States can be broadly divided into those groups, movements, and adherents that are primarily hate-oriented (based on hatred of particular religious, racial or ethnic groups), and those that are mainly antigovernment, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or rejecting government authority entirely. It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration.

2. (U//FOUO) Proposed imposition of firearms restrictions and weapons bans
    likely would attract new members into the ranks of rightwing extremist groups,
    as well as potentially spur some of them to begin planning and training for
    violence against the government. The high volume of purchases and
    stockpiling of weapons and ammunition by rightwing extremists in anticipation
    of restrictions and bans in some parts of the country continue to be a primary
    concern to law enforcement.

3. (U//FOUO) Returning veterans possess combat skills and experience that are attractive to rightwing extremists. DHS/I&A is concerned that rightwing
    extremists will attempt to recruit and radicalize returning veterans in order to
    boost their violent capabilities.

4. (U//FOUO) The possible passage of new restrictions on firearms and the return of military veterans facing significant challenges reintegrating into their communities could lead to the potential emergence of terrorist groups or lone wolf extremists capable of carrying out violent attacks.

5. (U//FOUO) Many rightwing extremist groups perceive recent gun control legislation as a threat to their right to bear arms and in response have increased weapons and ammunition stockpiling, as well as renewed participation in paramilitary training exercises. Such activity, combined with a heightened level of extremist paranoia, has the potential to facilitate criminal activity and violence.

ETC ETC ETC: Linked below is the whole thing. This is NOT a joke, this is a release from DHS to LEA's around the US. And it's scary... Those they are calling extremists in this, are... me.

http://www.rogerhedgecock.com/resour...ril%202009.pdf
    Richard
    Legacy 6

Legacy's Lady Jade "Jade" (d. 23JUNE08)
    Legacy's Tallgrass of Natoma "Natti"

Hhhmm.....this doesn't sound like the reaching across the aisle that our current president campaigned on. Maybe they are reaching across the aisle to slap handcuffs on the "disenters!"

Tom
    Tom Wall

This goes "hand in glove" with the Missouri assessment (MIAC Strategic Report) on the Modern Militia Movement that I posted about the other day from the Glenn Beck Program.

Just the thing that law enforcement needs to read before heading out to cover the Tea Parties on 4/15

Regardless of which viewpoint you represent, pro or anti "TDTP", please pray for restraint by all sides involved this Weds, a flashpoint like this could only need one small spark along the lines of 3/5/1770 at Congress Street in Boston.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Can you imagine what the media here would do if anything like the "violence" in GB during the G-20 Summit happened??

The media would SLAUGHTER conservatives as violent and so on I think... and it didn't really seem like anyone cared that the protestors in GB were throwing stuff through local business' windows...
    Richard
    Legacy 6

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Its part of that'vast rightwing conspiracy' that Hillbillery spoke of when Slick Willy was POTUS
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Fascism????
    Terry Britton, P.E.

Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.

By the way, just bought a bunch of ammo... I guess that means I'm a domestic rightwing extremist, and probably a white sepremacist too...

I quote further:

1. (U) A prominent civil rights organization reported in 2006 that “large numbers of potentially violent neo-Nazis, skinheads, and other white supremacists are now learning the art of warfare in the [U.S.] armed forces.”

2. (U//LES) DHS/I&A has concluded that white supremacist lone wolves pose the most significant domestic terrorist threat because of their low profile and autonomy—separate from any formalized group—which hampers warning efforts.

3. (U) A recent example of the potential violence associated with a rise in rightwing extremism may be found in the shooting deaths of three police officers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, on 4 April 2009. The alleged gunman’s reaction reportedly was influenced by his racist ideology and belief in antigovernment conspiracy theories related to gun confiscations, citizen detention camps, and a Jewish-controlled “one world government.”
    -- I'm sorry, did they just associate the Pennsylvania shooter with him being first rightwing, and saying that his being right-winged then caused him to go crazy and extremist!? That every right-of-center SOB in the nation is probably an extremist? (This is an actual question... I am trying to figure out what their point is here. Why connect this guy with conversatives? To what end????)

4. (U//FOUO) Proposed imposition of firearms restrictions and weapons bans likely would attract new members into the ranks of rightwing extremist groups, as well as potentially spur some of them to begin planning and training for violence against the government. The high volume of purchases and stockpiling of weapons and ammunition by rightwing extremists in anticipation of restrictions and bans in some parts of the country continue to be a primary concern to law enforcement.
    --This one clearly states that if you have started buying ammo or additional firearms, you are a "rightwing extremist."

Well, I guess... If the shoe fits...
    Last edited by Legacy 6; 04-13-2009 at 08:22 PM. Reason: typo
    Richard
    Legacy 6

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and
    hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H. L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
    Which "base" is alarmed and who is fostering the alarm?

I am trying to figure out what their point is here. Why connect this guy with conversatives? To what end????)
    Because, first, he also fits right into the profile they're trying to mold, that ex-militray personnel are dangerous and especially that "the threat posed by lone wolves ... is more pronounced than in past years." "potentially making extremist individuals and groups more dangerous and the consequences of their violence more severe"

(U//FOUO) Lone Wolves and Small Terrorist Cells
    (U//FOUO) DHS/I&A assesses that lone wolves and small terrorist cells embracing violent rightwing extremist ideology are the most dangerous domestic terrorism threat in the United States. Information from law enforcement and nongovernmental organizations indicates lone wolves and small terrorist cells have shown intent—and, in some cases, the capability—to commit violent acts.
    — (U//LES) DHS/I&A has concluded that white supremacist lone wolves pose the most significant domestic terrorist threat because of their low profile and autonomy—separate from any formalized group—which hampers warning efforts.
    — (U//FOUO) Similarly, recent state and municipal law enforcement reporting has warned of the dangers of rightwing extremists embracing the tactics of “leaderless resistance” and of lone
    wolves carrying out acts of violence.
    — (U//FOUO) Arrests in the past several years of radical militia members in Alabama, Arkansas, and Pennsylvania on firearms, explosives, and other related violations indicates the emergence
    of small, well-armed extremist groups in some rural areas

Childhood friend Edward Perkovic said ..."He wasn't involved in any gangs, any militias. (An LW) He believed in his right to bear arms. ( a "conservative" value)
    Poplawski's mother said her son enlisted with the U.S. Marine Corps a few years ago but was discharged for assaulting a drill sergeant in basic training. Since his discharge, Poplawski's mother said her son had been stockpiling weapons, according to the criminal complaint because he believed that as a result of economic collapsethe police were no longer able to protect society."According to the criminal complaint, Poplawski's mother said her son "only liked police when they were not curtailing his constitutional rights, which he was determined to protect." (Obviosly a conservative !).
    "He wasn't fully a Marine. He got a dishonorable discharge out of boot camp," Perkovic said. "He wanted to get out of the Marine Corps."

Doesn't anyone think the timing on this "assessment" is just a little TOO coincidental? The release date on this is 7 April, 2 days after the shoting. Imo, this report was ready to go out already just prior to Tax Day Tea Parties when 100,000's of "anti-government" types are preparing to assemble and quickly edited to add this reference to add to the scare factor.

thesis, antithesis, synthesis
    • The thesis is an intellectual proposition. "America is in danger from RWE's, especially LW's"
    • The antithesis is simply the negation of the thesis, a reaction to the proposition. "DHS & other LEA's can protect you from RWE's."
    • The synthesis solves the conflict between the thesis and antithesis by reconciling their common truths, and forming a new proposition. "If you just let us ___________________________ and the public just __________________________we can eliminate this LW RWE threat"
    Anyone care to fill in the blanks?

Remember, " Never let a crisis go to waste" (paraphrase).
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Nothing more than the Democrats setting us up for a complete power grab!

Anyone read where Obomo was named, "Gun Salesman Of The Year" by the NRA?

Folks are stocking up on guns and ammo before he bans/severly limits thier ability to be purchased.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge