The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: My neighbors got a "curly coated lab".

Default My neighbors got a "curly coated lab".

I kid you not, that's what they told me. It's being kept at his parent's house because their landlord won't allow dogs, but they brought it down today while they used his parent's truck to haul brush away. Their "curly-coated lab" is a giant Chessie. I so love my daughter, because she told them "that's not a lab" and came running in to get her AKC Complete Dog Book for Kids and showed them the difference between a lab and a chessie.

Now they feel like they got screwed by the person they got the dog from because they were assured is a was a pure bred lab without papers. Can you say sucker.

Seriously, they did tell us yesterday or the day before that they got a curly coated lab. Brad and I thought it was a lab with a wavy coat or they were just dumb. So, the latter wins.

(Yes, this is the same family of the little girl in my venting thread from Friday. You know, the one without many branches in their family tree.)
    Joni
    I don't wear black because it makes me look slim, I wear black because it hides the dog hair.

Go Harleigh!!!!!!
    Steph

Brittany - Border Collie/Springer Spaniel CGC
    Meka- Basset/Aussie
    Zoe's Taller N Me - Zoe Irish Wolfhound 9/04/2004 - 11/20/2013 I love you Big Girl!
    Ember Raise The Bar CGC - Corona (a fluffy)
    Embers Aint Misbehavin - Flirt (Corona's mini me)

A good friend helps you up when you fall. A best friend pees their pants laughing and trips you again!

I was staying in Tulsa a couple of weeks ago for a hunt test, and at the hotel I was carring stuff in, this guy walks up to me and says "I used to raise labs, and I had a great female that threw all three colors. But the last litter she had several blks, yellows, a couple of choclates, and a chessie." How did that get in there. Clearly your neighbor and that guy have met.

Quote Originally Posted by Fowl Play WA View Post
    I kid you not, that's what they told me. It's being kept at his parent's house because their landlord won't allow dogs, but they brought it down today while they used his parent's truck to haul brush away. Their "curly-coated lab" is a giant Chessie. I so love my daughter, because she told them "that's not a lab" and came running in to get her AKC Complete Dog Book for Kids and showed them the difference between a lab and a chessie.

Now they feel like they got screwed by the person they got the dog from because they were assured is a was a pure bred lab without papers. Can you say sucker.

Seriously, they did tell us yesterday or the day before that they got a curly coated lab. Brad and I thought it was a lab with a wavy coat or they were just dumb. So, the latter wins.

(Yes, this is the same family of the little girl in my venting thread from Friday. You know, the one without many branches in their family tree.)

ehh-----some of the trees have many branches, just that the branches aren't all from the same seed.....

widening the S.W. gene pool one baby daddy and two second place trophies at a time......

Quote Originally Posted by Labhunter View Post
    I was staying in Tulsa a couple of weeks ago for a hunt test, and at the hotel I was carring stuff in, this guy walks up to me and says "I used to raise labs, and I had a great female that threw all three colors. But the last litter she had several blks, yellows, a couple of choclates, and a chessie." How did that get in there. Clearly your neighbor and that guy have met.
    UHHHHHH......I think they more than met!!

Just sayin'
    Stan b & Elvis