The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Hr45

Default Hr45

Flying below the radar screen perhaps. HR 45, proposed Jan 6 by Bobby Rush(D) Illinois and now in the subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism and Homeland Security. Basically would make it illegal to own a firearm- any rifle with a clip or any pistol UNLESS
    It is registered, You are fingerprinted, you supply a current drivers license, you supply your Social Security number, you submit to a physical and mental evaluation at any time of their (the governments) choosing.
    You can check it out at the Library of Congress website.

If this has been discussed I hadn't heard about it. I am not about to allow my second amendment rights to go quietly away.

Mac
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

Quote Originally Posted by saltmarsh View Post
    Flying below the radar screen perhaps. HR 45, proposed Jan 6 by Bobby Rush(D) Illinois and now in the subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism and Homeland Security. Basically would make it illegal to own a firearm- any rifle with a clip or any pistol UNLESS
    It is registered, You are fingerprinted, you supply a current drivers license, you supply your Social Security number, you submit to a physical and mental evaluation at any time of their (the governments) choosing.
    You can check it out at the Library of Congress website.

If this has been discussed I hadn't heard about it. I am not about to allow my second amendment rights to go quietly away.

Mac
    Yes, it has been discussed. On this board. Enter in the search function ,
    "Bobby Rush" , you will be directed to the threads discussing this issue.

This type of legislation never makes it out of committee without co-sponsorship, and there is none on this proposed bill.

JD

a guntoting, second amendment liberal, (OMG! can there be such a thing?)

Yes, virginia...we're all over the place.
    Last edited by JDogger; 04-22-2009 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Why not?
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift