The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rush and the HSUS

Default Rush and the HSUS

First it was Carrie Underwood and now Rush Limbaugh has joined up with the HSUS. Here is a snippet of the release from the US Sportsmen's Alliance, and the link to the full release.
    http://www.wlfa.org/Page.aspx?pid=1971

“The HSUS is the number one opponent of sportsmen in America today,” said Pidgeon. “It uses seemingly harmless campaigns like the ones endorsed by Mr. Limbaugh to raise funds for the organization to advance its controversial mission. It is our hope that once Mr. Limbaugh hears from American sportsmen and women he will understand how his endorsement aids HSUS in its quest to to destroy American freedoms such as hunting fishing and trapping.”

Take Action: All sportsmen and sportswomen should immediately contact Rush Limbaugh and urge him to sever his ties with HSUS. Explain that regardless of the issue being promoted by HSUS, their true agenda is to destroy America’s heritage of hunting, fishing, trapping, and all scientific wildlife management methods.

Call his line at 1-800-282-2882 from noon to 3pm eastern standard time on weekdays

E-mail him at elrushbo@eibnet.com.

Mail a letter to:

The Rush Limbaugh Show
    1270 Avenue of the Americas
    New York, NY 10020

E-mail sent
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Email sent!
    Wm. Mark Edwards
    Pascagoula, MS

HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH
    SHR Tipsy

e-mail sent
    ---------------------------------------------
    HRCH "Boomer" MH
    UH HR "Hunter" SH (RIP)

"When you go to a test or a trial, your dog should be underwhelmed." ~ Evan Graham

"It is unreasonable to expect a dog to be more precise than you are." ~ Rex Carr

"You own what you condone." ~ Mike Lardy

You bet, an email sent!

Rush is usually well informed on such underlying issues.

Has he acknowledged the letter from USSA? I usually listen, but haven't recently because I wasn't in a coverage area carrying his show.

I did hear him answer the "hundreds" of emails he received concerning their disbelief of those '24' actors promoting global warming. I was also PO'd about that, but wasn't near a computer to fire off my displeasure of that show he's promoted so heavily.

He stated that even his buddy at Fox News has been commercializing about global warming. You'd think Ales would see that for the hoax it is, but mebbe it's like the mandatory seatbelt laws that are tied to highway funding. Big Government at work again.

Hope some of us get an answer from Rush as to WHY???? Hard to believe he's allowed the wool to be pulled over his eyes.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

e-mail sent

Until he breaks all ties and gives back HSUS's $$$$, I'm boycotting Rush and I hope all Sportsmen and Responsible Pet Owners do the same!

I commend Rush's fight for this country's direction and our constitutional rights, but I guess even he can be bought.

What exactly was the nature of his association? What was he promoting in conjunction with the HSUS?

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDogRem View Post
    I commend Rush's fight for this country's direction and our constitutional rights, but I guess even he can be bought.
    I do not think that he could be bought. He has far too much wealth to be motivated to do anything that he doesn't want to do just for more money. I think it far more likely that he is either a) misled about the real nature of the HSUS or b) believes that whatever he is working on with the HSUS is important enough to collaborate with them on anyway (sort of an end justifies the means situation) or that it is compartmentalized and won't have any affect on their other activities. I think that he would be wrong if that were the case. I think that his audience is so huge and respects him so much that his teamwork with the HSUS lends even more credibility to an organization that already has a great deal of undeserved credibility with the general public.
    ---------------------------------------------
    HRCH "Boomer" MH
    UH HR "Hunter" SH (RIP)

"When you go to a test or a trial, your dog should be underwhelmed." ~ Evan Graham

"It is unreasonable to expect a dog to be more precise than you are." ~ Rex Carr

"You own what you condone." ~ Mike Lardy

e mail sent
    SEMPER FI . FROM MY COLD , DEAD HANDS .

www.bashakilllabradors.com

E-mail sent....