The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A counter to the "torture debate"

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post

I'd bet you also know that following WWII the United States of America successfully tried and convicted people of war crimes. One of the crimes: waterboarding...but then you knew that.

Oh please! Do you really hate our heritage that much that you would use this completely out of context?

The soldiers of the Imperial Empire of Japan that were executed for waterboarding also had at least 15 other counts of torture, all more harsh that waterboarding! Try starvation, beatings, electrical shock, sleeping in human feces are JUST SOME OF THE CHARGES that got them in front of a firing squad.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

All I can say is god help us all if we as a nation are ever involved in another war such as WWI or WWII.

I would love for somebody to tell me from the sociology end of it how we have morphed into a country of WEENIES!

I stand by my earlier statement. I want the government / professionals whose feet are on the ground in the thick of it to do what is necessary to keep me and my family safe... period.

What we do not need is a bunch of pansy politicians playing politics with our national security and putting our soldiers in the position where they begin to second guess their actions on the field. That is how people get killed.