Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whoa! GDG

Angry Whoa! GDG

I don't even know what to say!

http://keloland.com/NewsDetail6162.cfm?Id=83760
    Steph

Brittany - Border Collie/Springer Spaniel CGC - 03/03/1999 - 12/05/2014 My everything!
    Meka- Basset/Aussie
    Zoe's Taller N Me - Zoe Irish Wolfhound 9/04/2004 - 11/20/2013 I love you Big Girl!
    Ember Raise The Bar CGC - Corona (a fluffy)
    Embers Aint Misbehavin - Flirt (Corona's mini me)

A good friend helps you up when you fall. A best friend pees their pants laughing and trips you again!

child endangerment?? are you serious??

More like attempted murder!! Hope she's put away for a long time.
    Rainbow's November Rain MH***
    Freeridin' Whiskey River Don't Run Dry***

Might want to check her out for mental illness...then again maybe the kid had it coming. JK

Quote Originally Posted by JeffLusk View Post
    child endangerment?? are you serious??

More like attempted murder!! Hope she's put away for a long time.
    That is what I was thinking. Can they seriously say beating a kid with a claw hammer among other things is only chlid endangerment?
    Steph

Brittany - Border Collie/Springer Spaniel CGC - 03/03/1999 - 12/05/2014 My everything!
    Meka- Basset/Aussie
    Zoe's Taller N Me - Zoe Irish Wolfhound 9/04/2004 - 11/20/2013 I love you Big Girl!
    Ember Raise The Bar CGC - Corona (a fluffy)
    Embers Aint Misbehavin - Flirt (Corona's mini me)

A good friend helps you up when you fall. A best friend pees their pants laughing and trips you again!

Quote Originally Posted by 1st retriever View Post
    That is what I was thinking. Can they seriously say beating a kid with a claw hammer among other things is only chlid endangerment?
    I don't know Iowa law, but I think the charge of child endangerment escalates all other subsequent charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Johndrow View Post
    Might want to check her out for mental illness...then again maybe the kid had it coming. JK
    No kid has it coming to that point of abuse.
    If you dont want someone to get your goat
    dont tell them where you tied it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Johndrow View Post
    Lots of people think it's alright to "discipline" a child in similar fashion. You'd be surprised how many do. It's not mental illness, just usually what also happened to them growing up. People do what they know. Although that's a moot point, no 5 year old child has something like that coming and it's not an excuse.

Might be considered child endangerment if she only used the handle of the hammer to him him with instead of the metal part, or if she didn't hit him hard enough to cause any sort of life threatening injuries. Just a thought to explain that. Media says hammer and people will just assume the worst. On the flipside when media says belt people assume a parent used the leather when in fact many chose to use the hardware at the end of the leather on a child to inflict more damage. The article doesn't specify, and frankly I'm glad it doesn't.

Sad in any event. I'm glad to hear he's now out of there before things escalated further.

Quote Originally Posted by gsc View Post
    I don't know Iowa law, but I think the charge of child endangerment escalates all other subsequent charges.
    Nope, it's a lesser charge, and many times one that doesn't end up sticking despite incredible evidence.

You want a bigger woah, she'll likely have a chance to get her child back. If offered a case plan and she works it she can and will get him back.

Early in my career I was touring a hospital in New York when I was introduced to an 18 month old boy who was what was called a "boarder baby." He had been in the hospital for more than a year after his mother sunk him up to his waist in a large pot of boiling water because he wouldn't stop crying. Both legs had to be amputated and he required surgery every two months to remove scar tissue so that the rest of him could grow normally. Because of his problems the social workers had not been able to find a suitable foster home and the boy simply lived in the hospital. It was one of the few times that I "abused" political power. I called the head of the City's child care agency and suggested that if he were not placed in a suitable foster home within a few days it might be time to get a new agency. He had a family and moved out of the hospital two days later. I don't know what happened to his mother or ultimately what happened to him. But the image of that poor child will be with me for the rest of my life.

I probably deserved a claw hammer in my younger days! LOL. If thats what was close daddy may have used it on me. But usualy just hand or belt when i needed it. She needs to be hit in the head with it twice as many times and see is she does it again.
    GEAUX TIGERS
    LSU!!!