The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iraq's Yellowcake

Default iraq's Yellowcake

http://www.nysun.com/editorials/iraqs-yellowcake/81328/

550 metric tons of yellowcake uranium worth tens of millions of dollars were shipped out of Iraq to Canada. The material was transported in 37 military flights in 3,500 secure barrels, according to the Associated Press.
    this is going around the internet if you just check the names it seems believable.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/yellowcake.asp

Snopes says it's false.
    Last edited by Richard Halstead; 04-27-2009 at 12:33 AM.
    cave canem...beware of the dog
    Richard Halstead (halst001 at yahoo.com)

http://www.browndogmafia.com/finalists.html

Who checks out Snopes??

just askin'
    Stan b & Elvis

If it were true, Bush or Cheney would be grinning like schoolboys with frogs in their pockets, offering it as proof that WMD's were being manufactured in Iraq.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

In Minnesota we have identified at least 30 Somali men as missing. A few of those we know have gone back home or to other locations to receive terrorist training.

In Canada, they have 150,000 Pakistani men they don't have any tabs on... Can you tell me where THOSE people are?

I was in Iraq when they found a few thousand barrels of yellow cake. This was out in a farmer's field across MSR Tampa from Baquba. There are thousand's (millions?) of acres we can't search... what does that country have hidden? I don't know... do you?

And Canada, who knows what's going on up there...
    Richard
    Legacy 6

Legacy's Lady Jade "Jade" (d. 23JUNE08)
    Legacy's Tallgrass of Natoma "Natti"

Just for gits & shiggles, check out Snopes' sources at the bottom of their page;
    Time magazine, ABC News, NBC News, the New York Times, MSNBC, NPR, & Science Daily.
    I don't know about SD, but the others are renowned for their impartiality towards Bush, in general, & the Iraq War in particular and so MUST be taken as gospel.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Rich, (Legacy 6)
    Were you part of the team that dug up the stuff?

Are the areas you say we can't search--are they off limits to search? If so, why?
    Last edited by zeus3925; 04-27-2009 at 03:42 PM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Rich, (Legacy 6)
    Were you part of the team that dug up the stuff?
    No, THOSE lucky souls were from MND-Baghdad. I was a MND-North guy. We worked for those silly Loggies at Balad, and for 1st Cav who had command of MND-North.
    Richard
    Legacy 6

Legacy's Lady Jade "Jade" (d. 23JUNE08)
    Legacy's Tallgrass of Natoma "Natti"

I think snopes is off base on ths one. They call it false....hummmm....

Defense Personnel Transport Uranium Ore Out of Iraq

By Jim Garamone
    American Forces Press Service

WASHINGTON, July 7, 2008 – Defense personnel have completed the transfer of 550 metric tons of Iraqi uranium ore to Canada, Defense officials said here today. The Iraqi government asked the United States to help transfer the yellowcake -- as the ore is known -- from Tuwaitha Nuclear Research Center near Baghdad to its buyer in Canada, Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman said today.

The military dubbed the movement Operation McCall, and it ended July 5. DoD’s portion of the operation involved the transfer of the ore.

Yellowcake is a uranium ore that can be processed to become nuclear fuel. State and Energy Department personnel also participated in the transfer.

Officials transferred the uranium by convoy from Tuwaitha nuclear research facility to a secure location in Baghdad’s International Zone, Whitman said. The ore was in 110 shipping containers. The shipping containers were placed aboard Air Force C-17 Globemaster III airlifters and taken to an intermediate location. It took 37 sorties to transfer the yellowcake.

At the intermediate location -- which Whitman could not name -- the ore was loaded aboard the SS Gopher State, a Military Sealift Command ship, which took it to Montreal.

“This was material that was discovered when we initially went in to Tuwaitha,” Whitman said. “It was under the control of the United Nations International Atomic Energy Agency since that time.”

Whitman stressed that yellowcake is not of direct use in a nuclear weapon. “It is a commodity that is traded routinely in the global nuclear energy sector,” he said. “It can be used as a feed material for nuclear weapons if a country has access to the necessary fuel technology.”

The cost of the transfer was $70 million, and the government of Iraq will reimburse the United States for a portion of the cost, Whitman said.

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/news....aspx?id=50430

That is right off the DOD website.
    Also truthorfiction.com calles it true..... could it be that snopes is full of chit?
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy 6 View Post

In Canada, they have 150,000 Pakistani men they don't have any tabs on... Can you tell me where THOSE people are?

And Canada, who knows what's going on up there...
    Sir with respect, you are apparently receiving your information on Canada from the same ignoramus who briefed Ms. Napolitano. We might have a population of 150,000 persons of Pakistani heritage of whom 50% may well be males, however, these folks are registered citizens or immigrants.

As for your last sentence; just come have a visit and find out for yourself, you'll find us pretty civilized.
    power without lumber, raciness without weediness

A big man never looks down on others.... instead, he is someone to look up to.

Quote Originally Posted by blind ambition View Post
    Sir with respect, you are apparently receiving your information on Canada from the same ignoramus who briefed Ms. Napolitano. We might have a population of 150,000 persons of Pakistani heritage of whom 50% may well be males, however, these folks are registered citizens or immigrants.

As for your last sentence; just come have a visit and find out for yourself, you'll find us pretty civilized.
    Come on he is right about nobody knowing what is going on up there eh?

Canada is no worry and someone we can count on....

Now invite me up for some duck season and I will agree with you even more
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke