The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Replacing Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    You might ask the same of many in the financial industry. Many attorneys and coporate exec's earn this type of money. Business as usual, get over it.
    JD

First, she's not qualified to be a corporate exec. Second, those who are and earn that type of money WORK FULL TIME! Third, those who are qualified and work full time, aren't getting that kind of money because their husbands are shuffling money toward their wive's company from government contracts from a committee he's on to give her company the money to pay her salary.

Who else in the world who organizes “programs for community relations, neighborhood outreach, volunteer recruitment, staff diversity, and minority contracting” makes that kind of money???

Give me ONE example of someone doing that job, working part-time, and earns that much money in an honest way, and I'll get over it. Until then, I'll continue being pissed about someone wasting tax payer dollars for personal gain.

If you're not pissed about that kind of thing, then I guess you can just keep drinking koolaid and become a subject of the USSA.
    Richard
    Legacy 6

Legacy's Lady Jade "Jade" (d. 23JUNE08)
    Legacy's Tallgrass of Natoma "Natti"

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy 6 View Post
    First, she's not qualified to be a corporate exec. Second, those who are and earn that type of money WORK FULL TIME! Third, those who are qualified and work full time, aren't getting that kind of money because their husbands are shuffling money toward their wive's company from government contracts from a committee he's on to give her company the money to pay her salary.

Who else in the world who organizes “programs for community relations, neighborhood outreach, volunteer recruitment, staff diversity, and minority contracting” makes that kind of money???

Give me ONE example of someone doing that job, working part-time, and earns that much money in an honest way, and I'll get over it. Until then, I'll continue being pissed about someone wasting tax payer dollars for personal gain.

If you're not pissed about that kind of thing, then I guess you can just keep drinking koolaid and become a subject of the USSA.
    Following law school, she was an associate at the Chicago office of the law firm Sidley Austin, where she first met her future husband. At the firm, she worked on marketing and intellectual property.[2] Subsequently, she held public sector positions in the Chicago city government as an Assistant to the Mayor, and as Assistant Commissioner of Planning and Development. In 1993, she became Executive Director for the Chicago office of Public Allies, a non-profit organization encouraging young people to work on social issues in nonprofit groups and government agencies.[14] She worked there nearly four years and set fundraising records for the organization that still stood a dozen years after she left.[11]
    In 1996, she served as the Associate Dean of Student Services at the University of Chicago, where she developed the University's Community Service Center.[37] In 2002, she began working for the University of Chicago Hospitals, first as executive director for community affairs and, beginning May 2005, as Vice President for Community and External Affairs.[38] She continued to hold the University of Chicago Hospitals position during the primary campaign, but cut back to part time in order to spend time with her daughters as well as work for her husband's election;[39] she subsequently took a leave of absence from her job.[40] According to the couple’s 2006 income tax return, Michelle's salary was $273,618 from the University of Chicago Hospitals, while her husband had a salary of $157,082 from the United States Senate. The total Obama income, however, was $991,296 which included $51,200 she earned as a member of the board of directors of TreeHouse Foods, and investments and royalties from his books.[41]
    She served as a salaried board member of TreeHouse Foods, Inc. (NYSE: THS),[42] a major Wal-Mart supplier with whom she cut ties immediately after her husband made comments critical of Wal-Mart at an AFL-CIO forum in Trenton, New Jersey, on May 14, 2007.[43] She serves on the board of directors of the Chicago Council on Global Affairs.[44]

so, Leg6, Princeton and Harvard Law school doesn't qualify one for corporate position, eh? Kinda discounts GWB's Yale and Harvard Business School background then doesn't it?
    BBG thinks her a 'monkey faced gorilla'. And you concur?
    Gives credence to Janeane Garofalo's observation on the pathetic tea parties,
    "It's not about bashing Democrats, it's not about taxes, they have no idea what the Boston tea party was about, they don't know their history at all. This is about hating a black man in the White House. This is racism straight up. That is nothing but a bunch of teabagging rednecks. And there is no way around that. And you know, you can tell these type of right wingers anything and they'll believe it, except the truth. You tell them the truth and they become -- it's like showing Frankenstein's monster fire. They become confused, and angry and highly volatile." --

You're in the military, right Leg6? Obama is your CiC. A Guy named Johnson was mine. I was less than thrilled. I got over it and got on with it.
    I suggest you do the same.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Gives credence to Janeane Garofalo's observation on the pathetic tea parties, "It's not about bashing Democrats, it's not about taxes, they have no idea what the Boston tea party was about, they don't know their history at all. This is about hating a black man in the White House. This is racism straight up. That is nothing but a bunch of teabagging rednecks. And there is no way around that. And you know, you can tell these type of right wingers anything and they'll believe it, except the truth. You tell them the truth and they become -- it's like showing Frankenstein's monster fire. They become confused, and angry and highly volatile." --
    Janeane Garofalo --- Now there is an authority. The tea parties were clearly a reaction to that administration creating a $9 trillion debt that our grandchildren will have to deal with, 9000 earmarks despite being told during the campaign that he was opposed to earmarks and socializing this country. Yes, they were directed at Obama, but they were also directed at a Congress with the lowest approval rating in history.

Obamanomics - Chains he can believe in.
    Last edited by Don Smith; 05-01-2009 at 08:32 AM.
    HRCH Meglyn's Maramaxx Daisycutter MH (Daisy)
    SHR Meglyn's Eye on the Prize JH (Molly)
    Meglyn's Timbrhuntn ValleyGirl (Lilly)
    Meglyn's Prime Time to Leave Me Lucille SH (Lucy)
    Meglyn's Lionheart MH (Little Guy)
    Meglyn-Firemark's I am NOT a Lab SH (Goldie)
    Meglyn's Lil Miss Sureshot (Annie)
    In memory of Chevy, HR Meglyn's Silverado Slim SH, July 20, 2006, HR Meglyn's Blue Ridge Belle MH, July 19, 2008 and HRCH Meglyn's Honest Abe MH, Aug 9, 2014.

www.meglynretrievers.com

"It's not about bashing Democrats, it's not about taxes, they have no idea what the Boston tea party was about, they don't know their history at all. This is about hating a black man in the White House. This is racism straight up. That is nothing but a bunch of teabagging rednecks. And there is no way around that. And you know, you can tell these type of right wingers anything and they'll believe it, except the truth. You tell them the truth and they become -- it's like showing Frankenstein's monster fire. They become confused, and angry and highly volatile." --

You're in the military, right Leg6? Obama is your CiC. A Guy named Johnson was mine. I was less than thrilled. I got over it and got on with it.

JD
    Straight from Al Sharpton's playbook.
    Jdog, I expected a little better from you than playing Al Sharpton's race card. How about a little personal feedback: I suggest you get over it and get on with it. It's nice that you went to all the trouble to research Michelle's employment history and regularly defend your boy Obomo. But you and your pinko buddies are going to have to come up with something better than the rallying cry that all Obomunists chant when they can't come up with a substantive argument:

Your screen name has always reminded me of a rapper name so maybe we should come up with a song for RTF's hip hop group: JDogger and the Race Cards (Jeff, Remington, Cotts & Zeus)

Julie show me a post where I have defended Obama and maybe just maybe I'll concede that you aren't trully racist
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

so, Leg6, Princeton and Harvard Law school doesn't qualify one for corporate position, eh? Kinda discounts GWB's Yale and Harvard Business School background then doesn't it?
    BBG thinks her a 'monkey faced gorilla'. And you concur?

JD
    Wow you're self-righteous. You didn't read any of the stuff in her resume did you? You just cut and pasted it.

"public sector positions in the Chicago city government" That's a bit counter-intuitive, don't you think?

"Chicago office of Public Allies, a non-profit organization encouraging young people to work on social issues in nonprofit groups and government agencies" Cool, sounds like she's channeling more "youth" to work for the government... sweet! More government dependents who really don't do anything except bring in more gov't dependent people.

I think that her LAW degree doesn't have anything to do with what she's been doing since she left the law firm. I don't disagree that a great education qualifies you to branch out in many different directions, not just the one you're specialized in like a lawyer or general practitioner (Doctor). However, what the heck is a "Executive Director for the Chicago office of Public Allies, a non-profit organization encouraging young people to work on social issues in nonprofit groups and government agencies." See comments above.

Despite all that great stuff she's done for Chicago, I believe most of her accomplishments and "fundraising records for the organization that still stood a dozen years after she left" came from her husband channeling tax monies toward organizations directly related to her good works.

You perhaps point to her actions when "she served as a salaried board member of TreeHouse Foods, Inc. a major Wal-Mart supplier with whom she cut ties immediately after her husband made comments critical of Wal-Mart at an AFL-CIO forum in Trenton, New Jersey, on May 14, 2007." as a display of her bipartisanship. I look at that as withdrawing her financial dowry benefits of her working or sitting committee/board there.

I think if BBG calles her a "monkey faced whatever" that's his opinion, and it's unfair that you put words in my mouth as such.

Furthermore, I am out of the Army, so I can have an opinion now where I couldn't before.

I'm not going to "get over it" until I have a government I can say follows the enumerated and limited powers set out in the US Constitution and the People are as free as the Founding Fathers intended in the Federalist Papers and the Declaration.

If you choose to be "over it" then I guess you can just keep drinking koolaid and continue being a subject and sitting fat and happy until all freedom is taken from the individual by other self-righteous pricks who do things "for your own good."
    Richard
    Legacy 6

Oh, and I forgot. One more thing...

You didn't find anything to cut and paste in an answer for my query. I'll restate: "Give me ONE example of someone doing that [kind of] job, working part-time, and earns that much money in an honest way, and I'll get over it. Until then, I'll continue being pissed about someone wasting tax payer dollars for personal gain."
    Richard
    Legacy 6

Julie show me a post where I have defended Obama and maybe just maybe I'll concede that you aren't trully racist
    I don't think you defending PBO has anything to do with if Julie is racist or not... They are unrelated, and frankly insulting to Julie.

That's like saying that if you can prove that I have a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich in my fridge then that proves you don't have your great-grandmother's ashes on your fireplace mantle...

That you can get pregnant by sitting on a public toilet seat...

That you can save the planet by using mini-florescant bulbs... (which are made in China)

If you have guns you are a domestic right-wing extremist...

If you went to a Tea Party, you hate black people...

If you were a Katrina victim, it was because President Bush hates black people... (remember that one?)

If you're a returning veteran, you are likely to be recruited by right-wing extremist groups...

If a butterfly flaps it's wings in Manhattan, Central Park gets rain instead of sunshine...

And finally, if a groundhog sees its shadow, we get 6 more weeks of winter... I always believed spring came sometime around March 21st...
    Last edited by Legacy 6; 05-01-2009 at 12:03 PM. Reason: added detail...
    Richard
    Legacy 6

I hust love how we are called the raciest ones.

The raciest ones are the people in congress. They support and help elect a "bi-racial" man into office(but call him black).

They use his race for their political gain.(Everytime someone is against what they are all doing its just raciest against him)

And they paride him around like he is some kind of God.(Name one other president with as much media support in history?) Hell, he had his own channel on Dish Network!!!!!

Really we are the raciest ones??? Please feed that crap to the ones that like $h!t sandwiches.
    SOWEGA HRC
    HR Carolina's Cajun Rouxger
    "HAVE GUN!!! WILL TRAVEL!!!"

That comment was not meant against anyone on the board!!!

I just love how the smart raciest thing to do is, put a man in power and fill his head with crap. Let him spend 4 years living off his false feed ego, and the whole time run his ass like a puppet on strings.

It very smart, but my morals tell me I just can't do it...
    SOWEGA HRC
    HR Carolina's Cajun Rouxger
    "HAVE GUN!!! WILL TRAVEL!!!"